Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Nice looking game - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I believe that this game will be awesome and become very popular, and I'm pretty sure this thread has fulfilled its purpose for letting people say how much they like this game and say how big they think it will be.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Realistically, I see this doing well underground. Nothing mainstream - otherwise it'd have to be an FPS!
I doubt it'll become a 'household name' game, more one of those hidden gems. My favourite kind of gem. Not the slutty gem. Urgh, she gets everywhere.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

I am going to keep to myself what kinda gem i think that is unless you want to tell it or am i XD it is very evil what i think of
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

I think this game will be quite quiet for the frist few months then i recon there will be a boom of players comming in.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Then i reckon there will be a boom of work for the developers
Old 01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Hopefully it will have a similar feel as Sup. Com. It's a shame, RTS games are just pushed aside by FPS along with all other games; as stated before. However, it should still do well in the long run.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Rts is good for everything, fps is awesome but tends to get quite boring. Click and pwn (that wow kinda thing) is just too tragic.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

I would overall agree with you the witch king, but more established companies that release RTS's will be noticed just like FPS's. Starcraft 2 for example will be well known when released. This game released at the wrong time probably will be over shadowed by another game. like how early this year between feb-april, atleast 4 major titles that I can think of would push a lot of games aside.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 AM

Pilgrim is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Realistically, I see this doing well underground. Nothing mainstream - otherwise it'd have to be an FPS!
I doubt it'll become a 'household name' game, more one of those hidden gems. My favourite kind of gem. Not the slutty gem. Urgh, she gets everywhere.
FPS tend to be the mainstream games with decent sized online communities but Warcraft III was/is definitely an exception with 4 online comunities of tens of thousands.

However, how many RTS have you people played online? I'm afraid there are a lot of real gems out there that you have never really been able to play online because there are only ever a handful of people connected and you can't find well matched games.

Realistically, as pupeteer says, this is the oficial forum for a game due to come out this year and the active population is about 10 posters. That does mean something.
I'm afraid blizzard seem to have a monopoly on RTS multiplayer success and its very hard for new companies to break into it and flourish.
I also had a good experience with AoK online but other games havent worked out in multiplayer.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
FPS tend to be the mainstream games with decent sized online communities but Warcraft III was/is definitely an exception with 4 online comunities of tens of thousands.

However, how many RTS have you people played online? I'm afraid there are a lot of real gems out there that you have never really been able to play online because there are only ever a handful of people connected and you can't find well matched games.

Realistically, as pupeteer says, this is the oficial forum for a game due to come out this year and the active population is about 10 posters. That does mean something.
I'm afraid blizzard seem to have a monopoly on RTS multiplayer success and its very hard for new companies to break into it and flourish.
I also had a good experience with AoK online but other games havent worked out in multiplayer.
Online RTSes...

Anyone play on the travesty that was westwood online? I loved the RA games, but good lord westwood online was awful.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.