Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

No undead race please - Page 13 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Nathikal has a default reputation

Insofar as I see it, an undead race would have a central core of powerful units - the casters, necromancers, liches, etc. - with a heavy reliance on garbage troops.

because of their heavy dependence on a few central core units, undead armies would be fewer than others. And because of their dependence on what are ultimately more slowly moving units, they would in general be slow. Undead armies are also made up almost entirely of garbage troops, and have a very high reliance on magic for victory.

Thus, their power comes from a zerg rush. A single well-placed spell or army could probably shut them down fairly easily, unless the casters of the undead army limit opposing magic or master enough counterspells. Undead battles would often swing between the 'waves crashing upon the shore' sort of tactics, versus a more reserved tactic which relies on magic to raise more servants.

They'd be fairly hard to play, actually.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:27 PM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

I would love it to see an undead race here.

I really like the style of skeleton warrios in light armor and with differend weapons etc.

Could be an interesting alternative to the "normal" races.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Winterwolf00 has a default reputation

I think undead should be just a random event and be an enemy of player, but should later on be added as a playable race. Allow people the opportunity to fight these creatures and once they've become familiar with them and have a back story, add them as a playable race.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:05 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

I think that would be too Warcraft 3-ish to add undead. They won't make any sense, UNLESS there's lore involved (that is, appearing in a campaign, or something to that effect).

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

cybroxis has a default reputation

Well hey. I have a an idea for the undead, if you'll spare me a moment's notice:
Maybe the undead can be a sort of complement to a necromancer. Like a dual race of necromancers that have an undead familiar of the opposite gender, but not all gross and Frankenstein-like, yet looking unnatural to any but the necromancers, who are themselves of an undisclosed race. Their whole part in the story could be as a part of a strange event from another faraway place, and as hunted "monsters", they only want to be understood and left alone. I move that these undead "familiars" be more like vampire-like things, but not needing blood. Instead, they can only survive when their masters are living, and vice versa, with each having a loyalty to the other. Then there could be the usual hordes of zombies and so forth. But again, I would add something to the story - instead of being mindless, they too will be imbued with a soul (different from that of the deceased), however will not be bonded to a necromancer partner - they will be the "people" of these cities. Of course, they are quite industrious, not needing sleep or food, but will decay without the proper medicine, such is the nature of their condition - it costs certain materials for the necromancers to purchase (living and undead in harmony), so there is the balance. These undead are not evil, mindless monsters, but people - stronger, faster, and weaker dead people. I once made a story similar to this back at dofsource.com, I think.

Maybe I'm just doing this because it's fun to write, but if you don't have any other idea as to how to implement them without turning the game into Left 4 Dead or Warcraft 3, I hope I opened up an alternative.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

cybroxis has a default reputation

just want to bump the thread up in case no one looked at my suggestion - i worked hard, think it's a good idea, and will remove this bump when someone responds :P
Old 12-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darkheart has a default reputation

just as long as its balanced class
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 AM

Manasky has a default reputation

The more factions the better in my opinion, as long as it's not crazy unbalanced, but it seems like Reverie is taking that matter seriously!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM

Snowyjoe has a default reputation

How about a faction that's made up of magical giant insects

Lol, but seriously it's up to the developer what kind of faction they want to add into their world. I don't mind what kind of faction that add in, as long as it fits in with the lore and gaming world I'm fine.

Also if it's balanced
Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 AM

cryonso has a default reputation

I agree whit you and i would not like having undead or zombies in this game.