Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

No undead race please - Page 11 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Nada the only way i see to add zombies in DoF without changing everything, and what has already been suggested. Get a necromancer type random event, I.e a necomancer appears/a child from one of your vilages devolps necomancer skills, and starts turning that village. eventualy one person or a group will manage to flee to your castle and warn you, you can:
1. Help the villages and at the cost of a few soilders, stop it at the cause.
2. Leave the villagers to themselves and carry on, but doing this can eaither make the situation worse and they now spread to other villages and now have a small force marching on your castle.
3. The other situation being leaving the villagers and another lord of a nearby castle stop the growing threat or the threat just dies down when a villager gets a lucky arrow/stab to the necromancer.

If your castle manages to lose against the undead, it should be like when you lose a ingame battle against other races, but bascily the undead die because of starvation and some people manage to hide long enough to survive. Or they clear off to another castle with there overwhelming numbers now they can take on the bigger/better players.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

that would just be weird. We need TO CONTROL the undeads Without it there is no need...
Old 04-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

crispyg29 has a default reputation

ya i dont see how they could add the undead into this game and keep it good because when you stop and think about it how could the undead get more people they would have to kill people and make them undead
Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyg29 View Post
ya i dont see how they could add the undead into this game and keep it good because when you stop and think about it how could the undead get more people they would have to kill people and make them undead
And that is the WHOLE point in playing undeads
Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Ok - basically, throughout the whole undead debate, there have been 2 main ideas:

Have the undead as their own race [meaning that the undead themselves are not the race but controlled by the race]

Or have the undead be a random event.

Since the existence of the undead is unlikely in any event, at least from what I have felt from the Devs, who also have the dragons and dwarves to work on. Ithink that those of us that want there to be an undead in ANY form had better decide which option we want and push together for that option. Otherwise, I don't think there will be any undead at all, and both sides of this debate will lose.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

For me it has to be random event.

To make the undead race into a playable faction will take alot of work and headaches, how will an undead city grow when your workers/forces are mainly brainless things. You have to make things like buildings, see if or not you want them brainless idiots sleeping in a house, which brings on a whole other subject like making a house would require a controller person, like a task master to make sure they do the job and that right. So not only do you have to micro manage your grunts you also have to make sure you have enough people to controll them grunts so they dont wonder off into the forest and die.

Actualy thinking of it, the undead race does pretty much sound fun a self controlling, as the pop shouldnt be how many zombies you have but how many people you have to controll them. <- genius
Old 04-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
how will an undead city grow when your workers/forces are mainly brainless things
The whole idea of the 'brainless' undead is that they're drones; they do the bidding of their creator. Hence they're exactly the same as your standard grunts of any other race, except that they'd NEVER disobey an order - retreat would be only an order, and would not be a manoeuvre resulting from panic. So it's not that difficult.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
For me it has to be random event.

To make the undead race into a playable faction will take alot of work and headaches,how will an undead city grow when your workers/forces are mainly brainless things. You have to make things like buildings, see if or not you want them brainless idiots sleeping in a house, which brings on a whole other subject like making a house would require a controller person, like a task master to make sure they do the job and that right. So not only do you have to micro manage your grunts you also have to make sure you have enough people to controll them grunts so they dont wonder off into the forest and die.

Actualy thinking of it, the undead race does pretty much sound fun a self controlling, as the pop shouldnt be how many zombies you have but how many people you have to controll them. <- genius
Just to put it simply, undeads can think for themselves. Look at wow they got players as undead however thats just a poor version of those. Also it won't be much headache just think of it, if this is a headache then i guess the other races were mindblasters... Think about it, it won't be worse then creating humans, just think of them like a different type of humans with or without brains are up to you... You can always use them as drones working perfectly for whoever controls them, that would be some kinda taskmaster. How about making the undead lvling be kinda different. Instead of a bunch of new equipment they can get more undeads at the same time Also if you really cant see the zombies get more people with other options then killing people then you have not seen enough zombie movies... Think about it, ever played prototype? There the zombies come out of organic buildings. A zombie movie i saw somewhere had zombs doing each other and creating children that grew up as zombs (this were a horror comedy thingie) You always have the faithful necromancer way, or you can make it so that every undead city is buildt on top of ancient ruins and that they raise friends from the dead under the ruins. The possibilities are endless, also undeads are among the greates builders you can get. One person controls them and everything is done in 1/10th the time of humans creating the same thing, however they NEED a overmind. They can also use organic buildings. Also undead don't need houses they need everything but houses. Their people don't need to relax however they might need some gathering places, or a keep or something along with smithies and other valuable stuff...

Undeads are perhaps the race you can toy around the most with of ALL races possible, you can create undeads of every type. Abominations, dragons, orcs, elves and lizards. The undead is the perfect all around that can cover anything you want them to. You can have the normal slow undead or you can have fast, you can have strong or you can have weak, you can have magical or viral, you can have mindless or smart undead, you can have spawned or turned, you can have necromancers or task masters or nothing at all. EVERYTHING is possible with undeads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
The whole idea of the 'brainless' undead is that they're drones; they do the bidding of their creator. Hence they're exactly the same as your standard grunts of any other race, except that they'd NEVER disobey an order - retreat would be only an order, and would not be a manoeuvre resulting from panic. So it's not that difficult.
Yes and there is no wonder the puppeteer knows about the puppets Anyways the brainless ones are good and that but they lack something very standard for humans and other creatures yes... However that is filled in by an overmind or overlord. A taskmaster should also work, anyways brainless ones can also be very dangerous without orders. Their auto orders are normally "create more or die trying" or like they call it "Brrrraaaiiinnnnnnnsssss" that usually refers to zombies but normal undeads also got possibilities of that. Also they can appear anywhere without any prior notice surprising the village right before killing everybody... The undeds with brains however would try to get more far away from others.

Last edited by blackfang : 04-09-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Personally, I think Undead should be a playable race, but as/in an expansion. At this point, the Devs should finish Dwarves first, as they are the ones that have confirmed mercenary units (I think you can buy deployables from them as well). Then the Dragons can take shape, and then the Undead at a later date. But I hope that the Undead can be put in as a race, and balanced. Fast moving corpses/hellhounds, slow moving monstrosities, necromancers with skulls atop their staffs, it would be scary as heck to see all that approaching your castle.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
Personally, I think Undead should be a playable race, but as/in an expansion. At this point, the Devs should finish Dwarves first, as they are the ones that have confirmed mercenary units (I think you can buy deployables from them as well). Then the Dragons can take shape, and then the Undead at a later date. But I hope that the Undead can be put in as a race, and balanced. Fast moving corpses/hellhounds, slow moving monstrosities, necromancers with skulls atop their staffs, it would be scary as heck to see all that approaching your castle.
Don't forget if they approach their recruitment grounds You know the villages filled with women and children