Always wondered about something - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation
Default Always wondered about something

I always wondered what is it about freedom of speech? i mean they say you can say what you want and think what you want, as long as it is within the laws. The laws on the other hand severely restricts freedom of speech and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time means jail or a ticket. So how come it is named freedom of speech

Also there are the forbidden words, i mean things like (not to discriminate this is just examples i know they are VERY inappropriate because of the laws and stuff) saying nigger to someone who is black or saying black to someone who is black. Perhaps ****** to someone who really is, buttyboy or homo to someone who likes males. I mean in our school they encourage us to find other words for the same meaning. Seriously a teacher said instead of saying buttyboy my friend should rather have called that guy ass stabber. Seriously freedom of speech with laws encourage people to find worse words to the same meaning, also he used buttyboy since homo was not allowed.

So in the end is it really freedom of speech?

P.S If any words here are not allowed please don't kick me off rather delete this whole thread it is just my meaning if i am not allowed to have one do as you wish...
Old 01-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Thats how it works. You are told what your freedom of speech is, but sometimes it is one your side.

Check this article out. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6245151...dlines;title;3

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

You have the freedom to say what you want, when you want. But if what you say isn't politically correct, it goes down a steep slope. It's like in the 60's, black people wanted to be called "negroes," but now everything but African American(at least in america) these days is considered racism. People change what they want to be called and it really doesn't, shouldn't, matter. I'm going to call white people white, not caucasian, I'm going to call black people black, and asian people asian. It's not racism. I'm just calling them by their color, except asian but they're called that because they descended from ancestors in Asia. It's not racism if I'm calling you black to describe your appearance.

Political correctness has come about because people are starting to get offended at every little thing. Someone sued a doctor because he put "obesity" as one of her health risks when it is a legitimate health problem.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)

Last edited by Darathor : 01-10-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

well yeah, but for instance if we in Norway go to someone we know and say "svarting" which means black guy/girl for short we might end up spending the night in jail. Just because it is against the law to "discriminate" someone like they say, well for me it is currently no problem but it is a problem in our capital. Saying it to the wrong person and you might be a target for something bad, very bad.

Anyway what is freedom of speech worth anyway?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
well yeah, but for instance if we in Norway go to someone we know and say "svarting" which means black guy/girl for short we might end up spending the night in jail. Just because it is against the law to "discriminate" someone like they say, well for me it is currently no problem but it is a problem in our capital. Saying it to the wrong person and you might be a target for something bad, very bad.

Anyway what is freedom of speech worth anyway?
what is it worth? not much anymore, when the constitution first came about with the bill of rights or 10 commendments or whatever there were hardly the laws restricting how far you can take and abbuse them. but in the 200 years since then people have abbused this privelege so much where some people have felt the need to restrict these laws further aka congress. some people think that america is destroying the constitution peice by peice, that our rights are slowly being drained away, i personally agree. for example
50 years ago if a man trespassed on your property or broke in your house you could shoot him dead, but today, if you even threaten a man with a gun or any sort of weapon your the one going to jail.
i bieleve in britian they passed a law a few years ago where if a person broke in your house it was elligal to defend yourself and or shoot them, a week passed after this law was passed crime/ burgluray rose like 28% ( not sure on the exact figures )

also people are going lawsiut happy and sueing each other over hot cofee ( im being dead serious...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants )
so now people are afriad to say things
now the racist part. why can a black person call another man a nigger? while if i called them a nigger id be getting racist and most likey the hell beat out of me ( im white ). i personally think Black people use the rascism card WAY to much, its funny cause every living black person today has no reason to be mad at the "white man" for enslaving them becasue none of them have had to suffer or even been effected by slavery. thats my short thought on this

Last edited by zach12wqasxz : 01-11-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

i have one stupid question
how did you came on this question blackfang?
i never thought about it. how do you do that?

Last edited by Jack : 01-11-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
one stupid question
how did you came on this question blackfang?
i never thought about it. how do you do that?
well, i personally have thought the exact same question as blackfang here, and i just sat around one day thinking about the world and how its gonna look in 50 years. i also thought of the past, and just after a while you begin to realize how corrupt people are and how the world really is
Old 01-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Th reason why people have to be so politacily correct these days is because the toff's in the goverment think that they will have riots and/or a uprising against the goverment, because of all the anti-immigrant/slave riots in the past people dont want to re-live that. Another thing that is the reason why the goverment are so forceful about racism is because they have the right the vote as well, more people being discriminated against = less votes. But there is a more political reason for all this going way over the top, that is because the world is so open now due to tv and mass news the countries are all open to be viewed from the outside world, and comming from the uk most immigrants do the work most people in the uk dont want to do/(some)who dont do anything but just spounge off the goverment so they form the main part of the local econimies and allow small buisness to flourish.

P.s. most people dont realise the black people helped the white people capture slaves. just a little fact

Last edited by welshie : 01-11-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

I did not even bothered to read all the posts and have an invitation to you all. Come and move to Romania the land of all possibilities and freedom of speech, yes it is true, sadly here you can even say that the president is a moron bi*****s peasant, not only on the streets but even on television. But what to say, our "loved" president, who fraud the elections, made on tv the journalist morons and anything you can't say in a civilized country. sad
Old 01-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
I did not even bothered to read all the posts and have an invitation to you all. Come and move to Romania the land of all possibilities and freedom of speech, yes it is true, sadly here you can even say that the president is a moron bi*****s peasant, not only on the streets but even on television. But what to say, our "loved" president, who fraud the elections, made on tv the journalist morons and anything you can't say in a civilized country. sad
lots of goverments are that way, some are even way worse
also in my opinion you cant say goverment unless you have a corrupt before or after it