Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Sorry for the second post pressed submit to soon.

But with regard to powerful players not having guilds i fear that would be hugely unbalanced. As some missions already stated would be to band together with friends and take on a more powerful player. if he has no support form guild then he wont have a fair chance.

Also it penalises players for doing well as they will loose the community aspect of the game.

Another point is a powerful player can become a weak player if he is constantly warring so even though he is large it dosent reprosent his military power. If this does happen then it will be easy prey for all.

im guessing its balanced bercouse players ca only see other players based around there level so that will resolve many issues and xp gained will be low for high level players attacking low etc.

So all in all i say the guild system should stay untouched. its pretty common in every empire to have one or two powerful houses and then lesser houses surrounding them. So why try to fight the enivitable balance of power
Yes, but we don't want complete domination. I think it would be best that as player get higher experience, the number of people they can be guilded with declines. Something like that.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Yes, but we don't want complete domination. I think it would be best that as player get higher experience, the number of people they can be guilded with declines. Something like that.
I disagree with that. I think there should be limitations to prevent greifing and ganging up, but don't make people unable to play together in the same guild based on their level, high or low.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Yes, I was just providing a suggestion - how's this - basically, the more powerful a player is, the less benefits he should get from being in a guild. That does not mean he cannot be in a guild, and get the benefit of having allies, but that he has to invest a lot [resources, guards] into the guild [or guild city] but he will only get a minimal amount of stuff in return since he is so powerful to beging with.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

metman has a default reputation

If that was to happen the person would still have to get at least slightly more benefits than what he or she is losing otherwise they'd be better off just leaving the guild.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Yes, but the benefits would be significantly [very so] less than for weaker players.