Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday IV - Elven Melee Units - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Elven facial expressions all look so ****ed off. Grandmasters are the only ones who seem to have this zen thing going on.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
Elven facial expressions all look so ****ed off. Grandmasters are the only ones who seem to have this zen thing going on.
The others just look angry, which I like just as much. There are too many people who just look at elves and laugh at their girliness and pansiness. I want them to look cooler, more warlike, and I guess angry. It's fine by me. Only the 1337 elves should have the zen look. They look better like that.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 12-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Now as far as the skill points, how will one be able to manage all these units and how many points they will have? It just seems like a lot to me.

Thanks

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Forgot to mention this, but this is just part one of a two-part showcase. This is the descriptive bit, and we'll release the visual bit this weekend, which I'm sure you'll all enjoy.

Quote:
I wonder how will abilities like whirlwind and tackles work on the battalion level. With tackle for example, does the the whole battalion charge, shield bash (or whatever) and knock down an entire battalion of enemies or does it somehow work more individually?
All infantry units and abilities revolve around battalions, so you won't be handling individual units except in rare cases.

Quote:
Does whirlwind hit all adjacent units,(or is it battalions?) or just enemies?
All adjacent enemies.

Quote:
And just one question... why noeone uses spears (nor elves or humans as i seen), just those helberd like?
The orcs use spears, but the elves and men are more advanced races, which is shown in their technology.

Quote:
Now as far as the skill points, how will one be able to manage all these units and how many points they will have? It just seems like a lot to me.
The skill points apply to the battalions as a whole, not individual units. Players will be rewarded one skill point per level, and can distribute it however they wish.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

While on the topic of strategy - I wonder how does certain unit perform while mounted?

I know Alex will get to this in the future - but as a lil spoiler my favorite so far is Elven Ranger with a Unicorn mount.

But since we are looking at melee units - here`s grandmaster on a horse...er unicorn.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 12-12-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:13 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
The skill points system is still under hm...construction And as Alex have mentioned all of the units in the same battalion level as one. However as far as what exactly you will upgrade it still up in the air. We have a fairly complex system in place already, but we`d really like to bring a standard RPG system of strength, stamina, agility e.t.c stats, as well as various items and equipment.

And no worries about having too much to manage here. Especially in MMORTS mode you`ll get your time to level up and upgrade your soldiers - the options are limitless though - for example let say human - crossbowman battalion could be upgraded through several skill points - into elite defensive melee unit, or into a sniper ranged unit, or a fast micro range unit with great self-heal ...but again what will happen if we put em on a horse?

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 12-12-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Any chance we could get a quick listing of the "large monsters"?? even without and description of each? (makes for more guessing)
Old 12-12-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Any chance we could get a quick listing of the "large monsters"?? even without and description of each? (makes for more guessing)
Ogre would qualify, I guess so would Treant or Root of War. Dragons...? There is more we`ll reveal in the near feature.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well...ok. I guess that's enough to drool over for now. Until the video then...
Old 12-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

cool units
but do you select units like one group or as one unit
because if the go lvl up they go lvl up as one or each diffrent