Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday III - Economies & Resources - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

one evil alliance cool
:zach12wqasxz thanks for information
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
even if i give you cookies....Common no evil genius can resist cookies... @

And the alliance seems a cool idea. Not sure how well it would work if we all band together though. Maybe 3or4 clans would be better
i think that after like a week of DOF being released there will be thousnds of people on the servers, so the beta testers will have a good challenge.
but if it does get to uneven the beta testers could split up in a couple of alliances, ally themselves with noobs, and duke it out, that would be cool to
Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM

88wooper88 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
well, it would be cool if all the beta testers joined up in the same alliance, then made war to every knew player, the original testers would be like the evil in the world of dawn of fantasy, and there would be big rivalries. anyone wanna join my scheme?
I understand your scheme but there is a problem with it. All the experiances players will form an alliance and crush the emerging ones. The game will get unbalanced and the new players will have no hope of becoming powerful. There will be one alliance in the whole world that will dominate, and the rivality will be absent, in a war game o_O .
that's my opinion, i have seen it allredy in some MMOs.

i am sorry for my bad spelling, english is my 2nd language.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Anyway cookie seems nice proposal ...... but it must be my name written on them all =P.

Beside that alliance sounds like story for itself. Why? Well ... we form alliance, play few months/weeks, some ppl become bored, many ppl have different opinions, some ppl think they are better than others ..... betrayal starts, ppl leave, ppl become rasistic to other races, members kill each others, other alliances are formed also quite strong ... pew pew kill kill, the battle for place in the world begin, who will win? The true defenders of alliance or will evil prevail?=P I like caos muahhaa =P (we must just choose weak leader) so i say yes for alliance but i must get cookies too .... Imba story if you are involve in it =).
Beside i think we are going little offtopic=P

So back on topic; i saw on pictures big mines.... looks quite realistic must say .... i like them =P. I just hope this game will have also option if you are attack that workers can hide in buildings like AoE and since they are armed here they could shoot from house.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 12-09-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I'm racist in fantasy games like this. I love a race so much, and I love it as a race and will try anything to preserve even the tiniest blot of civilization of that race. But, if I'm a different race, I love killing the race that I would do anything to preserve if I was that race. So, I will be elves, I will try to help other elves as much as I can, and I will kill humans and orcs and have fun. If I'm orcs, I will love to kill all the pansy elves and I would feel so awesome if I did. I love killing races that I love to play.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

^ Uhm...that makes sense
Anyways, the economy looks great. The different way each one works out is awesome, although I think I like the automated elven economy most- I've always hated eco management in RTS's because I'm just plain bad at it

Looking forward to it, I'll definitely try out all the races when this comes out...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
Anyway cookie seems nice proposal ...... but it must be my name written on them all =P.

Beside that alliance sounds like story for itself. Why? Well ... we form alliance, play few months/weeks, some ppl become bored, many ppl have different opinions, some ppl think they are better than others ..... betrayal starts, ppl leave, ppl become rasistic to other races, members kill each others, other alliances are formed also quite strong ... pew pew kill kill, the battle for place in the world begin, who will win? The true defenders of alliance or will evil prevail?=P I like caos muahhaa =P (we must just choose weak leader) so i say yes for alliance but i must get cookies too .... Imba story if you are involve in it =).
Beside i think we are going little offtopic=P

So back on topic; i saw on pictures big mines.... looks quite realistic must say .... i like them =P. I just hope this game will have also option if you are attack that workers can hide in buildings like AoE and since they are armed here they could shoot from house.
Ever thought of doing movie trailors :P

Hmm sounds like a point also from what i beleive in the posts previous we wont be able to face the new players etc anyway only thoose of a similiar level (from what i remember on the balance of battle topic etc a few months ago). The battle system lets you fight people only around your level to prevent the proposed from happening so we will probably have to split into groups anyway to even have any action in the start. (dont want it to become tribalhugs:P)
Old 12-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

if a begin with a race it wil be just men
who would you be in dof?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
if a begin with a race it wil be just men
who would you be in dof?
im gonna try and stay on topic now and say that there is a thread on that somewhere in this forum, try using the search bar, it may make the search easier. also, does anyone know what the next fantasy Friday is about?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
Very interesting.

I can easily compare these economies to match the civilization playstyles of another certain RTS game (Excluding gathering soldiers) I have played, but it is still going to be very interesting playing them.

Maybe the economy will become a serious issue between neighboring players, what I find excititng about RTS MMOs is to roleplay as a king and go through all sorts of political conversation and deciding between ending a conflict through force or diplomatically.

I hope the PVP is not only oriented towards force, but also through diplomacy ;p.
I agree wholeheartedly with this post (even added some rep ).

I'm still all for playing the elves, since all the resource's trickle in constantly it gives me lesser things to micro-manage and more time for me to worry about what really matters. Which is killing the stupid orczies and the ambitious humans.