Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday III - Economies & Resources - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
Very interesting.

I can easily compare these economies to match the civilization playstyles of another certain RTS game (Excluding gathering soldiers) I have played, but it is still going to be very interesting playing them.

Maybe the economy will become a serious issue between neighboring players, what I find excititng about RTS MMOs is to roleplay as a king and go through all sorts of political conversation and deciding between ending a conflict through force or diplomatically.

I hope the PVP is not only oriented towards force, but also through diplomacy ;p.
it is, a major part of the mmo is forming alliances ect. also managing trade and economy, and relations with neighboring players, so this game will have to implement diplomacy effectilvy to make it all work out. in my opinion
Old 12-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Wardens can be trained as either male or female. Both units are identical in abilities
I'm glad you were dissuaded from the proposed differences in gender that you were discussing a while back.
I think i like the Human economy best - it's more familiar to me.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Wow nice .... as Puppeteer i also like the most human one (its the most logical =P).
Are those gender at wardens random spawned like AoE2 (female + male)? It would be nice to be random (in my opinion) if its not already.
Beside that it would be also nice if would be also random range/melee (so males could have bows and also female could be melee). To make bigger diversity.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 12-05-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

in the very last picture

i noticed the world map being completely different from the other one did you guys change it?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I think it's different depending on the race. The two orc screenshots have the same one, but the human one is different.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 12-06-2009, 04:15 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

OrcSlayer has a default reputation

what world map?
Anyway the economy sound brilliant, good thing im an elf
Old 12-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

It's in the bottom right corner of the screen. The letters for north, west, east, and south have different decorations.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I'm not sure what you're asking. The world map hasn't changed - you can see the button labeled "World Map" that you click to open it.

I think you're referring to the square mini-map, which is surrounded by the compass frame. The mini-map shows only a small segment of the world map - the town or region you're currently in.

As for the design being different depending on the race, yes, each race has its own User Interface. The orc UI is crude stone and wood, the human UI is nicer wood and a steel border, and the elven UI is natural, green, and leafy.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

Nice looks like you made it in a way were people are going to want to trade. Always nice. Just makes me want to play the game more cant wait .
Old 12-07-2009, 06:29 PM

88wooper88 has a default reputation

hi, i was wandering if the economic part of the game is as important as sieges.
What i like about RTS games is to build a big kingdom, the war part comes in 2nd place. Is it a game for I?