Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

army question? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 PM

hatakehia has a default reputation
Default army question?

I was wondering is there going to be two population caps?One for your army & one for your city inhabitants?I have another question how many soldiers are going to be in a battalion & how many battalions can be in a army?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatakehia View Post
I was wondering is there going to be two population caps?One for your army & one for your city inhabitants?I have another question how many soldiers are going to be in a battalion & how many battalions can be in a army?
The size of a battalion depends on if it's full strength ie: any units have died, and the type of unit. A goblin battalion will have more than say a Cavalry battalion.

Each army has a cap for how many battalions it can hold, and each player has a cap for total population. As far as specifics, can't really go into that. Can only answer questions with publicly available information. I can say that it's subject to change if feedback warrants it though, and that armies will really feel and look like an army in size.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:36 PM

Thank you sir for the stupid fast quick response.Another question how will you replenish soldiers in a battalion also how does recruiting work?Do you buy soldiers individually then form a battalion or buy them in a battalion?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:40 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Thank you sir for the stupid fast quick response.Another question how will you replenish soldiers in a battalion also how does recruiting work?Do you buy soldiers individually then form a battalion or buy them in a battalion?
Battalions will replenish over time when your army is idle/they are in your city. Players will buy units by the battalion.

And I read the forums while I work, they provide a nice break. I just happened to refresh just after you posted.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 PM

Do battalions replenish their numbers while the player is offline?also will the battalion experience level have effect on the time it takes to replenish units.also would it be possible to merge two battalions with low numbers?Wow you guys work on the weekends
Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Do battalions replenish their numbers while the player is offline?also will the battalion experience level have effect on the time it takes to replenish units.also would it be possible to merge two battalions with low numbers?Wow you guys work on the weekends
I do not know if we intend for replenishing while offline, would have to ask someone else I'm afraid. Battalion experience right now doesn't, but that may change later. Merging battalions is something that wouldn't really serve any purpose, so no. Again might change, but doubt this one. Units function the same regardless of how full the battalion is.

And I work from home since Reverie is awesome, so working weekends is no problem.