Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday I - Major Towns Overview - Page 6 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Good ol' hannibal and those. But lets not go there..
Old 11-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Great looking cities, looks like they'll be fun to just look at, especially if players can design things similiar to these behemoths.
I think my favorite may be Uttal Atros, it looks awesome. Although it may be easier to let two of the keeps fall so you can abuse those chokepoints...
My favorite human fort is probably Dagbor though-huge massive cities make for epic battles.
Thanks to Alex for the comparison screenshot, I had no idea they were actually that big until I saw that.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:11 AM

Liljagare has a default reputation

Dang, this looks sweet!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:59 AM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

I hope that custom towns can reach at least a degree of the might of the capitals.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
The Romans also conquered all of gaul and much of the known world. A city getting sacked means nothing. During the height of it's power the only empire that is on the same level as the Roman's was Alexander the Great's.
The Mongol empire was much larger than those empires, and fought mucher harder foes (with the possible notable exception of Carthage) I would say. They conquered much if not all of China, and much of Russia, and of many countries west of China. They even invaded Japan some before the empire split.

I believe the orcs will show the power of barbarity when compared to trained of humans and perhaps even to the awesomeness of the elves.
Also, it's Friday and I can't wait!

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)

Last edited by Darathor : 11-27-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadachim View Post
*Applauds*

Really great cities. The history behind each of them was a great plus.

(Also, it looks like that it will take several player to take down the capital cities. Good to know )
god i wanna sack it now!
love the stories behind all the capitols and love the human towns. maybe im going human afterall? ^^
Old 11-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

If you want to talk about ancient history make a topic in The Pub subforum.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving View Post
god i wanna sack it now!
love the stories behind all the capitols and love the human towns. maybe im going human afterall? ^^
Yea humans are becoming more and more tempting even for a hardcore elf =P, at least those cities look better from far for me =). But i am vegetarian so if humans cant live without killing animals and sacking violently woods without compassion and while only elves can have elegancy and strenght in one and while they are the strongest 1v1 than still elves will do for now =P.

At human cities (as i see from far and managed to see closer from other pictures) only thing that bugs me ..... no mater how much money you have or how good king you are (at least economically =P) the city will look the same poorly ..... no extra magnificent buildings for more money. At least there should be very nice (esthetically or fortified) kings palace which i dont see there. There are buildings from wood but richer could also use more stone.
Dont say this game isnt sims or settlers or simcity because if this is persistant world and you look each day the same wooden poor buildings (no mater what you do and how much money you have) become rather dull. And since this are major towns we cant expect much more for our own cities.

Humans are very dilicant nation .. they can be as vile as orcs and as good as elves and also in between. So leaving them with just one possibility to choose is rather naive. Elves are known to be good and orc to be bad but the most interesting thing at humans is that you can make your own destiny. So i also think you should give this choice to humans.

At least as i see most human cities have outer wall and smaller inner wall. So it would be nice if in inner wall would be all important buildings and also stoneish and more richy decorated. And kings palace should be better so you could see it from a far !!

From age of empires 2 prespective : this city looks like feudal age with imperial age wall =). Walls look nice ... but also for more interesting play some could be covered wit roofs ( http://www.medieval-spell.com/Images...owers-13th.jpg ) which would add more defense but decrease the effective use of more archers (could support the fire rate of smaller number of archers) - can just shoot 6ish archers at same time.

Oh and bdw .. i i have one question ... where is picture of this city (it looks like one of major towns =))? -http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/media/screen5.jpg

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

I would guess as Dagbor, due to the river, but it's a massive shot in the dark.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

It looks like it's not one of the NPC cities. I would guess that it's just one that they made while playing the game.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)