Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday I - Major Towns Overview - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I'll go for Humans, purely on aesthetics
Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
so if im more of a defensive playing guy i should use the elves? like my strategy in rts's is defense first, i always beef up my defenses and make myself pretty much impenatrable, then i beef up my troop count, and send a massive wave of enemys to overwhelm them, and thats after they send the bulk of there forces to destroy me, to find they lost a few hundred guys to my archers, thats when i clean the rest up with calvary and infantry, and then blitz the enemy at there weakest point in there castle.....i shouldnt of said that
Yes, you might aswell give up now.

Havent decided on the race yet, depends on how much time I have when it comes out. Im guessing defensive is easier for the lease active.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I'll go for Humans, purely on aesthetics
ya i wouldnt be the elves solely because i think there ugly, i never really like evles in anything, and orcs are kool, but to viscous and chaotic for me, wich is why i chose humans
Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Elite Member

Note to zach: chaos is a good thing!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
Yes, you might aswell give up now.

Havent decided on the race yet, depends on how much time I have when it comes out. Im guessing defensive is easier for the lease active.
i wouldnt say defense is easier for least active, becasue you always get those ppl that send a trillion guys at you after the first 2 minutes of the game, but the fact that this is a mmo and a persistant world i would defiantly alter my style of play, ill defiantly have a buffed up castle, but it would cary over to battle after battle so i could focus on resource aquirement and and troops. question for devs, do they elves just outright have the best archers? or are all the races pretty much equal?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Elite Member

In general defence is easier with a limited timespan. Seeing as farming takes less clicks than killing & looting.

In the end, to be good at an RTS is to be good at acquiring and/or keeping resources. In this game it will be both and all people must emphasize resource acquirement first, its not just you .

(acquiring is non-war and keeping is an for instance an instanced Total war game)

Dont know how I got to this but here ya go.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:31 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
Note to zach: chaos is a good thing!
Romans vs. Celts, anyone?

Not taking about barbarity here, as both sides would have a case. But strategically, I know who I'd pick.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
so if im more of a defensive playing guy i should use the elves? like my strategy in rts's is defense first, i always beef up my defenses and make myself pretty much impenatrable, then i beef up my troop count, and send a massive wave of enemys to overwhelm them, and thats after they send the bulk of there forces to destroy me, to find they lost a few hundred guys to my archers, thats when i clean the rest up with calvary and infantry, and then blitz the enemy at there weakest point in there castle.....i shouldnt of said that
While natural advantages should have some impact on your choices, if you're a defensive player, by no means do you have to play as the Elves to be successful. We'll still playing around with the trait system and we're unsure whether or not it will be part of regular skirmish maps, but if you look back at the Human MMO Showcase, you will notice that each race can pick a primary trait, and a secondary trait. You pick these traits based on your typical playstyle; so if you're a defensive player, you can pick the Defense Mastery and this will give you some bonuses to help your defense. So any race can have a strong defense or offense.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
While natural advantages should have some impact on your choices, if you're a defensive player, by no means do you have to play as the Elves to be successful. We'll still playing around with the trait system and we're unsure whether or not it will be part of regular skirmish maps, but if you look back at the Human MMO Showcase, you will notice that each race can pick a primary trait, and a secondary trait. You pick these traits based on your typical playstyle; so if you're a defensive player, you can pick the Defense Mastery and this will give you some bonuses to help your defense. So any race can have a strong defense or offense.
sweet, ill be buffing my defense up as much as possible because a good offense is a good defense ( is that how the phrase goes? i forget lol )
Old 11-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
sweet, ill be buffing my defense up as much as possible because a good offense is a good defense ( is that how the phrase goes? i forget lol )
The phrase says that the best defense is a good offense so it's offense you should be buffing if you go by that logic. Even your own post is contradictory in that sense.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*