Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday I - Major Towns Overview - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 04:08 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Wow i really like the new showcase all the cities look great although i think i like the elf design the most the shapes and dynamics of the castles make it my favorite with the humans comming in second. With the slightly less dynamic but more traditional style of castle. Well done to all who worked on it cant wait to attack a few :P
Old 11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Reverie World Studios

Chris Harshman has very good reputationChris Harshman has very good reputationChris Harshman has very good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
They all look very nice. Great job on the info. as well. However, they look a little small unless I'm just looking at the ration incorrectly. I mean, I know they can't be overly massive, but, again, just my opinion.
They are bigger than they appear, those shots are zoomed out a fair bit so that they give an overall picture of the city.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

No, these small shots don't do justice to any of these towns. Some are just strongholds like Darssen while others are truly massive like Dagbor and Makkada.

We will look back at each of these towns in later showcases, but for now, I'll leave you with a shot of one of my favorite towns, Illas Tortra. It's a fairly average sized town, but you can tell how much it dwarfs the elves. Even the giant treants look small in comparison. And keep in mind that you have no boundaries - you can take the fighting to the walls and bridges, out to the very end of the dock, and even to the surface of the little boat. Most of the fighting will be done at strategic choke points, so you won't have to worry about stationing archers on every corner, and the human farms, mills, and mines are all outside of the walls.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

wow... that town is pretty damn awesome... It even made me do a double take when I noticed that half the shrubs/trees that i was seeing... were actually buildings... :/ Elven architecture ftw?
I can so imagine an naval attack on that town.... ohhhhh so good.... cant wait...
Old 11-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Darsen reminds me of Edoras, Rohan.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Wow better start building my army now for that one lol. Looking at theese photos though i would almost say that the elves have the most impressive defences strategically anyway with the boats etc. Not the humans? Or is there hidden content that means the humans remain the most defensive race/tech advanced?
Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

The elves emphasize a strong defense while the orcs emphasize a strong offense. The humans are pretty average with no drastic advantages or disadvantages.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:07 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

My guess would be that humans being middle ground, should adapt theirselves to counter the enemy strategy, being more flexible than the other races.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
The elves emphasize a strong defense while the orcs emphasize a strong offense. The humans are pretty average with no drastic advantages or disadvantages.
so if im more of a defensive playing guy i should use the elves? like my strategy in rts's is defense first, i always beef up my defenses and make myself pretty much impenatrable, then i beef up my troop count, and send a massive wave of enemys to overwhelm them, and thats after they send the bulk of there forces to destroy me, to find they lost a few hundred guys to my archers, thats when i clean the rest up with calvary and infantry, and then blitz the enemy at there weakest point in there castle.....i shouldnt of said that