Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Epic Mission - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto
Default Epic Mission

hello everyone. i have a question about the games online mode. will we be able to work together with allies and do certain extrememly hard quests?( id like to call them Epic Quests, or Epic's), designed to require like 6 players( just throwing the number out there) to all work together for a common goal, and for mass reward. i dont know about you guys but i think it would be awesome to work together with my freinds and beseige a HUGE impregnable fortress. obviuosly this would reqiure a lot of units on the map at once, and larger sized maps, but do you guys think this would be possible and or have anything similiar to this planned? sorry if there was a post previous about this, i made a quick search of the forums and didnt find anything. i think extrememly difficult challenges in games that require cooperation are extremely fun.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

*Epics
No need for the apostrophe
I certainly think the fortress idea would be possible, with the very open map editor. Whether Reverie decide to dedicate to such mini-epic-quests for the official release, that's another matter of time and resources.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

This would be possible. It is not planned at the moment, but our MMORTS plans once the storyline tales off are kind of grey at the moment; we'll see what we end up doing (we'll probably end up adding miscellaneous quests less connected to the story, maybe some of them of this type).
Old 11-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
*Epics
No need for the apostrophe
I certainly think the fortress idea would be possible, with the very open map editor. Whether Reverie decide to dedicate to such mini-epic-quests for the official release, that's another matter of time and resources.
I've thought a lot about a way to make a large fortress with several players per side work, it's certainly doable. Dunno if we'll make it or other things happen though.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a good idea, the only thing is those type of quests might get boring after awhile.
Now, throw in a smaller fortress with a group of super-buffed units and 4 players trying to take it down...that would be interesting.

However, I'd rather see an offline mmorts or more work on online mmorts territories and cities before putting something like this is.

Good idea, but it needs more development.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:26 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Alternatively, 4 players have their own squadrons in a castle and have to defend against AI. This certainly would require teamwork (and justify the use of VOIP)!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

They could each also start in a certain section of the city and would be able to defend certain areas of it divided amongst the players.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 11-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

I did consider that, but then I thought instead of distinctly partitioning the castle, let the players decide. That way teamwork and intuition is paramount to success. They can assign themselves to sections, if they like, or let anarchy rule.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:13 PM

Argargeroth has a default reputation

I think the co-op concept would be more subtle and implied in a game like this.
From what I've seen so far it's like the old-time game of "Knights of Honor" but in multiplayer form. I don't think there will be MMO quests where you and three random players will co-op. But I think you will have the ability to forge alliances with players and go romping around dishing out punishment and taking names
Old 11-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Personally, I think the highest ranked or most skilled players should claim the most crucial points.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang