Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Create-A-Battle Competition [Win beta keys!] - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Sorry about being gone for awhile, good to know some people still plan to give it a go. The deadline can be extended until we have at least 4 entries if you guys would like.
Sorry, but no beta keys will be given out. As I'm not from Reverie (as Darathor has easily noted) I have no power to give out keys. So yeah, it's just for fun.

Last edited by Swift sword : 11-25-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Typo 0.0
Old 11-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

As one of the first non-partisan contests that anyone can enter into, I'd like to offer a key to the second closed-beta for the winning entry - if we can manage to receive more than four entries.

If plausible to the description, I will also try to replicate the winning battle in the editor and capture the action in screenshots.

With that said, Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans out there!
Old 11-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Alex, are you sure about this? There has been an awful lot of contests over the months on both heaven and source, and I know some people don't like it how they've worked hard but didn't win, and then there's an easier contest - whether the chances of winning are better, or the contest itself is easier. I think the heaven trivia challenge should be the closing contest for the beta keys, as of now I'm not even planning of running the 4th source contest even though I could.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Even though there have been enough contests over these past days I gotta say im looking more forward of reading (good) entries on this one more so than participating in the trivia one.

(Tip: Try to make it proper english, perhaps let a (Dof-)buddy read through it or something, if its easiliy readable its more fun to read)
Old 11-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Hey, nice idea Alex. I oppose the monopolising from these fan sites.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Great idea here alex and good luck everyone, look forward to reading these if it does take off.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough
Smile Thanks!

I'm...stunned nearly beyond words I'd not expected such an offer, which I'll gladly accept if everyone/majority (both here and at Reverie) agrees, then I'll edit the possible prize in the main post. My only suggestion is that we hopefully get 5 or 6 entries- otherwise, it's to easy to win.

Also, the editor screenshot was really the most I'd ever hoped for, and I even knew that was alot to ask. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving, had alot of junk food today.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:36 PM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Yes, I'm sure about this. Swift has put a lot of work into this and it should be a good contest. We have had a lot of contests lately and we will probably be seeing the end of the fansite contests soon, but that doesn't mean an end to all contests. We have a lot of keys, the majority of which will be given to contributive forumers, but we may have official competitions later on and other sites will receive keys for contests or giveaways - we do appreciate our core fanbase here tremendously but we also need to draw other players in and giveaways and contests are great ways to catch interest.

Some of our devs have been working on Dawn of Fantasy for five years and now that the game is tantalizingly close to completion, nobody is looking forward to the beta more than us devs. After eight years of development, we CAN'T WAIT to let all of you in, to be there as you experience your first quests and battles online. Of course, we can only give out a limited number of keys for the first betas, so we will make sure these are all put to the best use possible and this contest is a great way to show your support and enthusiasm for the game.

You're all brilliant and imaginative, so there's no reason to not give this a try. Even if you already have a beta key, wouldn't it be cool to see your battle brought to life through screenshots?
Old 11-26-2009, 10:43 PM

I'd suggest moving the tentative deadline back a week though.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
After eight years of development, we CAN'T WAIT to let all of you in, to be there as you experience your first quests and battles online.
Geez man, you've only been at Reverie for what... a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Hey, nice idea Alex. I oppose the monopolising from these fan sites.
lol

Well it's true, I agree there needs to be more than just awesome fansites giving out keys. So yeah, knock yourself out Swift, congrats
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Closed Thread