Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

logging off in combat - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 01:23 PM

stinkylover has a default reputation
Question logging off in combat

so if i cant be attacked while i am offline (which i totally agree with) what happens if i am fighting another player (in the mmorts mode) and i log off because i am loosing, not that i want to do this but hypothetically what is to stop a player from doing this to save them self from being defeated?

i tried to find info on this but i couldn't so it there is already a post on this plz direct me to it
Old 09-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

You can avoid any battle by paying the attacker off with tribute. If you "chicken", you will automatically pay the tribute.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:42 PM

i can accept that and i like the idea but say you don't want to pay the tribute so you start the fight with intent to just log off and screw the other person over. or will it be once you start a battle you are committed and if you log off you forfeit . i just hop there is something in place to make sure it doesn't happen, because that would really ruin the game for me
Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Good question - our system if very complex:

As it stands now - the penalty for just quitting/disconnecting is:
-Some of your army`s resources (as much as it would have cost to sue for peace and not fight in the first place) will get transferred to the enemy player.
-if your army doesn`t have enougth resources to pay: 25% of your remaining non-military units will be killed, and 10% of your remaining military units will be killed.

If you want to quit battle properly without fighting to the last men, you have to Surrender. When you surrender - game pauses, and the enemy player has the option to reduce surrender fee by 25%, 50% or 100%. Or to spare your units if your army doesn`t have enougth resources.
The player who shows mercy will receive additional reward to Influence resource (that is used for research and unlocking real currency paid units and content)

Also, opponent you are currently fighting, if he/she`s winning, can offer you to surrender as well. But in that case the options are 50% or 100% discount, and automatically your units will be spared. But keep in mind - the wining player doesn`t know how many resources your army has, when he`s making his offer. So he might pick - 25% discount, spare enemy units if not enougth resources - and get nothing

In team games - team-mates can surrender separately - so make sure you have team meats who won`t bail on you.

Last thing to keep in mind - fighting to the last man, will give a large influence reward to the player who lost - for his bravery.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Either way, don't get attacked if you need to leave and log out soon!
Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I feel a question coming up about possibility to exploit this system - two friends fight each other, surrender right away, show mercy - and get free influence resource.

We`ll have couple of safety ideas in place - such as to surrender/offer surrender - over 20% of total unit population must be dead.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post

-Some of your army`s resources (as much as it would have cost to sue for peace and not fight in the first place) will get transferred to the enemy player.
-if your army doesn`t have enougth resources to pay: 25% of your remaining non-military units will be killed, and 10% of your remaining military units will be killed.

If you want to quit battle properly without fighting to the last men, you have to Surrender. When you surrender - game pauses, and the enemy player has the option to reduce surrender fee by 25%, 50% or 100%. Or to spare your units if your army doesn`t have enougth resources.
The player who shows mercy will receive additional reward to Influence resource (that is used for research and unlocking real currency paid units and content)

Also, opponent you are currently fighting, if he/she`s winning, can offer you to surrender as well. But in that case the options are 50% or 100% discount, and automatically your units will be spared. But keep in mind - the wining player doesn`t know how many resources your army has, when he`s making his offer. So he might pick - 25% discount, spare enemy units if not enougth resources - and get nothing

In team games - team-mates can surrender separately - so make sure you have team meats who won`t bail on you.

Last thing to keep in mind - fighting to the last man, will give a large influence reward to the player who lost - for his bravery.

i like it thanks for the response
Old 09-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post

Bolded the two parts that made me go O.o

So theoretically if you play enough, you wouldn't need to pay for content?

That system sounds great with the surrendering/quitter penalty though, I like it.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

That system sounds quite sound, lol. I like the idea that if your awesome enough, you don't have to pay for all of the bonus thingy's.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

I think he emans that we will be able to buy them by unlocking them, not buying the locked units for free ;p.

Just hope they aren't essential for combat.