Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Powerful Ships - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

PirateofCheem has a default reputation
Default Powerful Ships

I reckon this game would be so much better if ships were really hard to kill, even versing each other, because like in AOM and AOE, if you lost a ship it was like, "It's ok, they are cheap and easy to make." But ships weren't like that, they were actually hard to destroy, just like modern ships.

It would be cool to have a name-able flagship which is really big and all that. I reckon ships should have lots of health, even the small ones to make it be epic, but also so that when they die, it's like a major loss, as they could be hard to replace because of costs.

But also I reckon rudders and sails could be disabled temporarily until they can be repaired. But ships should have high enough range so that the ship would not be a sitting duck, but be more like an immobile bunker. It would still be hard to kill but disabling the ship would make it so that it could be destroyed if under enough fire with a couple of ships in the case of a flagship, but the range must be high so the disabled one can fight back.

I hope you understand me, cheers.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Ships will be garrisonable by your troops that will form most, if not all, of a ships firepower. I expect them to be rather hard to sink, because they have about 50 guys on them trying to kill your guys. Trebuchets and the like will be able to get on ships I believe.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 10-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
Ships will be garrisonable by your troops that will form most, if not all, of a ships firepower. I expect them to be rather hard to sink, because they have about 50 guys on them trying to kill your guys. Trebuchets and the like will be able to get on ships I believe.
Indeed, ships will be strong... they are garrisonalble by all troops, many archers if you want a ranged ship, melee is a possibility as boarding other ships has been confirmed, and siege weaponry can be put on too for more heavy firepower...
I think most peoples aims would be not to DESTROY the other ship but to commandeer it... This would be highly advantageous due to the cost and time to make such ships...

Also one of the dev's threw to us the interesting idea of a mobile farm... A ship garrisoned with a herd of cows...