Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Suggestion thread for Hero Skills/"Auras". - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation
Default Suggestion thread for Hero Skills/"Auras".

So I was bored, and I wanted to list some skills and Auras, or AoE buffs, I thought would be awesome for heroes. Feel free to list your own!

Name: Battle-chant
Race: Orc
Description/effect: Orc hero chants, causing surrounding units to gain a movement and attack speed bonus.
Other potential effects: Adds temporary midagation bonus against damage. Could trigger sound effect from effected units.

Why:
Because it'd be darn cool to trigger this skill and hear "ORC-ORC-ORC-ORC-OOORC! WAAAARG!" from your units as they rush towards the enemy walls. The battle frenzy has been a key part of orc mythology. The whole "Why... Won't... You... DIE!" mentality that orcs have under battle frenzy would be represented with this, along with the suicide charge and viscious slaughter that Orcs are famous for.

Name: Hold the line!
Race: Humans
Description/effect: Hero rallies surrounding troops to defend the area, causing units to gain a defencive bonus when planted.
Other Potential Effect: Could cause units to act as a human wall, with no enemies being able to get run through the effected units.

Why: Humans should have a nice defensive skill. In most mythology, the two races that can be counted on to "hold the line!" are Dwarves and Men. If a hero uses this skill, he'd cause the surrounding units to stay firm and use the Roman Legion approach-Nothing gets past our shield wall. This would be devasating in urban combat and can be used to maintain gained ground to buy time for strategic retreats or advances.

More to come! Suggest your own!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Very nice. I dunno if it's too late to get them into the game but now I'll have to think on some more ideas. I love stuff like this.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

how about

name: Perfect volley/volley
Race: elves
description: It makes the archers around in quite an astonishing range (further away then they can normally shoot) firing of a volley killing everything in a small area with the surrounding archers help.

Why: it would be fun to watch them diver their archers to somthing else so i can send the cavalry to take care of them when they fire the volley at something else
Old 04-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
how about

name: Perfect volley/volley
Race: elves
description: It makes the archers around in quite an astonishing range (further away then they can normally shoot) firing of a volley killing everything in a small area with the surrounding archers help.

Why: it would be fun to watch them diver their archers to somthing else so i can send the cavalry to take care of them when they fire the volley at something else
How would a hero be able to 'inspire' this, though?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Daermoth has a default reputation

Perhaps he can inspire them to fire faster? You can fire arrows quite fast, it just takes quite a lot of strength to keep doing it constantly, that's something a leader could inspire? To temporarily forget your fatigue and fire off several volleys faster?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Archmage

Or have him point out a target causing all nearby archers to increase accuracy.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Daermoth has a default reputation

Well technically you can't make someone shoot more accurately by telling him, he could make them focus a target, but how's that different from us clicking once with a mouse?:P

Last edited by Daermoth : 04-11-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Archmage

Eh somethings like 50%+ accuracy due to the leader pointing out the target and the pride the elves take in the belief of the the leader in their ability. So they focus even more then normal for 30 seconds.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Good ideas - I will think up a few in class tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Or have him point out a target causing all nearby archers to increase accuracy.
Okay, this is the model I'm completely against for Heroes. It's fine if you want a spell caster with Air magic to do some hocus-pocus to increase range, but not for these Heroes - it needs to be plausible. The archer's range at the present is governed by the physical limitations of the bow, not his limited determination and vigour. Hence why would a hero increase range *and* accuracy like that, just by pointing?