Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Torque - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto
Default Torque

Today I just started my new quarter in college and one of my classes is going to have us working with torque game engine (not the new torque 3d as the school messed something up). I was wondering if anyone else has used this engine and maybe comment on it?

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 10-30-2009, 07:10 PM

I guess no one has used torque game engine or even heard of it, .

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 10-31-2009, 06:04 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Yes I know about the Torque engine. It's good for beginners as far as I can remember, which is what you are, so I can see why they're using it.
You can do some pretty cool things in it however you'll have to move on at some point (I'd suggest CryEngine or something).
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Yes I know about the Torque engine. It's good for beginners as far as I can remember, which is what you are, so I can see why they're using it.
You can do some pretty cool things in it however you'll have to move on at some point (I'd suggest CryEngine or something).
At my school we will be using the torque engine until i graduate (next December). I am currently making a level for UT3, I have a concept for valves source engine (Team fortress 2), and I have messed with Cryteks sandbox editor. We where suppose to get the new torque 3d, but the school messed up and now where still using the older one.

In my torque class I am making an adventure platforming game. If you know a good amount about torque script I was wondering if I could ask you for help.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Unfortunately no, I think I tried it once but that was during the time when I was looking for learning something like this. I'd love to help and wish I could but at one point I got busy with other stuff so I never got around to actually learning game design. But yes I was almost positive you'd say something about an adventure platforming game, it's the same thing I thought torque was most comfortable for.
Good luck and I'm sure there are some tutorials out there, and of course your class itself.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Unfortunately no, I think I tried it once but that was during the time when I was looking for learning something like this. I'd love to help and wish I could but at one point I got busy with other stuff so I never got around to actually learning game design. But yes I was almost positive you'd say something about an adventure platforming game, it's the same thing I thought torque was most comfortable for.
Good luck and I'm sure there are some tutorials out there, and of course your class itself.
OK, I do appreciate the reply. The teacher will definitely help, but because of the size of the class and the fact that I'm not that good at programming or scripting I will need a lot of help. I do need to learn scripting anyway as I want to be a level designer and scripting is a requirement. So I'm going to try and do as much on my own as possible.

again thanks.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
OK, I do appreciate the reply. The teacher will definitely help, but because of the size of the class and the fact that I'm not that good at programming or scripting I will need a lot of help. I do need to learn scripting anyway as I want to be a level designer and scripting is a requirement. So I'm going to try and do as much on my own as possible.

again thanks.
Have you tried looking for a Tourque forum. there is probably one around on the net somewhere and they will most likly be able to help you out alot better than we can, (as they will know all the ins and outs). never know might also meet somone who is willing to colaborate and help you out also. Mr myyogi style "Script on" -"Script off"