Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Graphics :( - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-06-2009, 05:59 PM
LiTos456's Avatar
LiTos456 LiTos456 is offline
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Local Disk C:\
Posts: 1,675
LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
The main problem it the low-poly art we used, instead of high-poly art - this makes all the difference. With-in 2 months we`ll know if publisher will pay to upgrade all the art assets to high-poly - this would make a huge difference.
How much would it actually cost?
__________________
ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Please read "Posting and YOU!" and the forum's "Code of Conduct" before making any posts.
Please read the official FAQ thread before asking any questions! If you don't find your answer use the search function!
If you have questions about the beta, please check the official beta questions thread before posting anything!
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Baxter Baxter is offline
Human Sect:
Maceman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Baxter has a default reputation
Default

I will probably be incinerated for saying this as I know people of this community probably feel like they have been waiting forever for the game release but.........I am definately more concerned about good gameplay than good graphics but if it takes 2 months extra and you have the luxury of taking another two months and the financing (I'm sure they would be improving other things along side the graphics at the same time too) then a couple extra more months of waiting is a small price to pay if it means a better game upon release.

Ok, torch me at the stake.

Last edited by Baxter : 10-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Konstantin Fomenko's Avatar
Konstantin Fomenko Konstantin Fomenko is offline
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,713
Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default

Quote:
How much would it actually cost?
First time someone asks a question like this - around 75,000 Euro for character and building art close to the Mount and Blade quality. DoF will look slightly better at the max zoom out, but much, much better zoomed in.

At this point it`s publisher`s call - as soon as we know (December) we`ll be sure to let you know.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Josh Warner's Avatar
Josh Warner Josh Warner is offline
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 809
Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
First time someone asks a question like this - around 75,000 Euro for character and building art close to the Mount and Blade quality. DoF will look slightly better at the max zoom out, but much, much better zoomed in.

At this point it`s publisher`s call - as soon as we know (December) we`ll be sure to let you know.
Low poly counts are useful for when you're dealing with going in and out of the battle map in MMORTS, wouldn't it? It could very well be minimal or no effect at all for all I know I suppose, just seems like it would. Have everything load low-poly, then slowly start adding the high poly counts. Lots of other games load everything low-poly then start replacing things with the high poly stuff. Or can you just scale the high poly model, don't need two unique ones? No idea.

While having them available is nice, I'd just as soon play without them - even if I had a computer that can perform with them. if I have time to be zooming in and looking at my units, I have time that I could be putting to good use .
__________________
Remember to read the FAQ before asking questions! http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Henry Martin's Avatar
Henry Martin Henry Martin is offline
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,369
Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeso View Post
Low poly counts are useful for when you're dealing with going in and out of the battle map in MMORTS, wouldn't it? It could very well be minimal or no effect at all for all I know I suppose, just seems like it would. Have everything load low-poly, then slowly start adding the high poly counts. Lots of other games load everything low-poly then start replacing things with the high poly stuff. Or can you just scale the high poly model, don't need two unique ones? No idea.

While having them available is nice, I'd just as soon play without them - even if I had a computer that can perform with them. if I have time to be zooming in and looking at my units, I have time that I could be putting to good use .
games use a mixture of high poly and low poly, they use it as Level of detail. I don't know if you know this, but a good example is total war series. when you are zoomed into max the models are at their highest detail level as you start zooming out they switch to lower quality model units, as you hit max zoom out they use sprites for the models.
__________________
aka "u_have_krabs"

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Josh Warner's Avatar
Josh Warner Josh Warner is offline
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 809
Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
games use a mixture of high poly and low poly, they use it as Level of detail. I don't know if you know this, but a good example is total war series. when you are zoomed into max the models are at their highest detail level as you start zooming out they switch to lower quality model units, as you hit max zoom out they use sprites for the models.
I'm well aware of how that works, but this is something different - you load in near something, or move close to something quickly, and it remains low poly, then loads high poly. It might be the same process but it's used differently than a zoom scale, I know how that works.

A good example if you have it is mass effect, save near certain objects, then load the save. Sometimes the ground will appear blocky as will some objects for a short time, then the high poly models load.
__________________
Remember to read the FAQ before asking questions! http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 AM
wills370 wills370 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 639
wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto
Default

I think personally this would improve the game no end. People are looking for the best graphics now and if the game can secure the finance to do this then it is worth it. Now where did i put that 75K :P lol.

On another note however, will we find out at the same time who this mystery developer is?
__________________
leave feedback on posts by pressing the scales on the top right
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Josh Warner's Avatar
Josh Warner Josh Warner is offline
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 809
Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
I think personally this would improve the game no end. People are looking for the best graphics now and if the game can secure the finance to do this then it is worth it. Now where did i put that 75K :P lol.

On another note however, will we find out at the same time who this mystery publisher is?
And I hope so, I want to know that they got a decent developer that can actually afford to fund the game without taking creative control and driving it into the ground, that'd be even better news than more screenshots/MMORTS info.
__________________
Remember to read the FAQ before asking questions! http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Chris Harshman's Avatar
Chris Harshman Chris Harshman is offline
Reverie World Studios
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 58
Chris Harshman has very good reputationChris Harshman has very good reputationChris Harshman has very good reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
as you hit max zoom out they use sprites for the models.

Actually it is still a 3D model.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 AM
bogdan1281 bogdan1281 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 8
bogdan1281 has a default reputation
Default

The graphics are lets say "average" at this level; more importantly i think is the game play.

I've been playing real old games and the playing experiece was much much better as with the new much better looking games.

Can't wait for the open beta ...or even the close beta
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:15 PM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Dawn of Fantasy and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.