Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Question about research. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 AM

Gleem has a default reputation
Default Question about research.

So let's say you're going through the MMORTS thing. You get completely obliterated. You have to rebuild from just a tiny farm. Do you get to keep all of your research or do you have to start over there too?

I know some of the iffie parts of keeping your research are things like your score will drop to near zero so when facing low level players you'll have an advantage through the research, but at the same time it aids you in getting back up the ladder.

Also from what I understand research uses a lot of research and even influence. It's hard to build that up so we should keep the research.

Unless this was already addressed and I just completely missed it.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleem View Post
So let's say you're going through the MMORTS thing. You get completely obliterated. You have to rebuild from just a tiny farm. Do you get to keep all of your research or do you have to start over there too?

I know some of the iffie parts of keeping your research are things like your score will drop to near zero so when facing low level players you'll have an advantage through the research, but at the same time it aids you in getting back up the ladder.

Also from what I understand research uses a lot of research and even influence. It's hard to build that up so we should keep the research.

Unless this was already addressed and I just completely missed it.

I think you have not understood/found the thread that explains this. Once you loose you revert back to your city/empire two log ins ago.

either that or you can surrender and you can pay a tribute (same as if you exit during a fight).

With the use of research it will be whatever you had thoose 2 log ins ago.

Yes they are expensive. but they can make huge diffrences in the abilty of the men so all rescource/influence needed is relative to the advantage you gain from that particular research.

(you can gain influence through battles etc)
Old 10-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

When you are defeated in an MMORTS battle, you do have some things to help you catch up...

The main advantage you have is hundreds of bodies to loot. This won't recover your losses, but it'll help.

Also, buildings do not die. They go to very low HP, are unable to operate, and wait for repair (although elven great tree-buildings work a bit differently).

Lastly, you do not have to kill every enemy unit to win a battle sieging someone else's homeland.

Quote:
I think you have not understood/found the thread that explains this. Once you loose you revert back to your city/empire two log ins ago.
This system was a very old idea..Before our game was planned to be an MMORTS. The game concept used to just be a regular RTS, with your city saved through each match.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
When you are defeated in an MMORTS battle, you do have some things to help you catch up...

The main advantage you have is hundreds of bodies to loot. This won't recover your losses, but it'll help.

Also, buildings do not die. They go to very low HP, are unable to operate, and wait for repair (although elven great tree-buildings work a bit differently).

Lastly, you do not have to kill every enemy unit to win a battle sieging someone else's homeland.

This system was a very old idea..Before our game was planned to be an MMORTS. The game concept used to just be a regular RTS, with your city saved through each match.
Wow nice idea. Sounds alot more apropiate to the revert system and the bodies is a really nice touch. Any chance thebodies armour can be used to create more troops if you are of the same race? or is it just limited to looting for rescources?

And the building idea is nice. does that include fire etc and do the buiildings apear to become more damaged? (not walls but the civi buildings)
Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Quote:
Wow nice idea. Sounds alot more apropiate to the revert system and the bodies is a really nice touch. Any chance thebodies armour can be used to create more troops if you are of the same race? or is it just limited to looting for rescources?
Looting is limited to resources.

Quote:
And the building idea is nice. does that include fire etc and do the buiildings apear to become more damaged? (not walls but the civi buildings)
Yes.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
Looting is limited to resources.

Yes.

Alright, how much roughly does the looting recoup rescources wise of the overall price?

And do the dead bodies disapear after a time? e.g. the amount of rescources recouped is reduced untill there is nothing left, as the body decomposes.or do they just suddenly disapear?

And how long does the land take to recoup after signs of battle?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:50 AM

Gleem has a default reputation

Thanks for the info, this game just keeps getting better =D
Old 11-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

Looting, I'd also like to know a little more about this since there are so many bodies do u have to manually loot each body. What kind of stuff can you get from looting would it just be gold(selling the stuff from the dead bodies). Or would there be a button to tell your army to go around and loot the dead.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Other question: when I read the two logins thing I'l have to admit my immidiate thought was: alright so whenever I have a big fight coming up il just have to logout twice and get back in so im ready for a fight. Thoughts?

Other solution would be time, like a day, but then again I tend to play on my saterdays and almost not on my sunday. Which would mean id have more risk in it then the guy that divides that time between 2 days.

Hmm. Mainly asking about the first part, second part was just my mind speaking out loud.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

To answer your question it would be whatever you had two log ons ago so if you dint upgrade your wall back then youd go back to the unupgraded one. But it doesnt matter any more because they changed how that works now read pass what that person said look at what the moderater said. Basically you just have to repair your buildings now which cost resources they are never fully destroyed.