Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Quests and the ones you'd like to see. - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

My thinking of search and destroy mission (i know there is similar already suggested):
Need before Greed
I know it is not original.... It is hard mission so only developed ppl should go for it. First you have to find something similar to treasure hunt but not same (to get a x thing), than you must destroy it in special places (like lava in lord of the rings). While doing quest you are hunted more by enemies (your castle and your expedition)... similar to lord of the rings quest =P. Trough time the invading enemies comes in greater numbers so you must destroy it as soon as possible =), but if you feel strong you can keep that Thing as trophy and it gives you some bonuses but you will eventually fail in time- if the enemies get the Thing it gives you a curse ... to decrease things. The rewards would be epic but if you want to go on that quest you must be well prepared.
And be aware .... your friends, friendly players(?) and also some friendly npc can also act strangely... who wouldnt want the power that the thing gives you or the reward if you destroy it. So some of them will also try to took it beside enemies. The Thing also improve your hero stats and that curse, if he loose it, decrease stats.
Are you prepared to bare such a magnificent gift?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 10-10-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
my thinking of search and destroy mission (i know there is similar already suggested): I know it is not original.... but it is hard mission ... need developed ppl. First you have to find something similar to treasure hunt but not same ... than you must destroy it in special places...... while doing quest you are hunted more by enemies (your castle and your expedition)... similar to lord of the rings quest =P. Trough time the invading stuff comes in greater numbers so you must destroy it as soon as possible =) but if you feel strong you can keep that item as trophy and it gives you some bonuses but you will eventually fail in time- if the enemies get the thing it gives you a curse ... to decrease things.. The rewards would be epic but if you want to go on that quest you must be well prepared.
Can you think of a different name for this? I'll try and think of one, I'll add it in with the same one for now but two with the same is silly, your idea is interesting if unoriginal, would like to add it.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a mini-game, or a quest, but either way I would find this fun:
  • Overwhelmed: How many assaults can you withstand? With your fortress, repel as many waves of enemies as possible, which range from a few bandits until progressively mounting to full scale-sieges. You cannot win, only survive longer each time. The idea is to see how impenetrable your castle is, and how long you can last. It wouldn't affect your castle in quests, as this really is a mini-game, but provides some light-hearted fun.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:05 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a mini-game, or a quest, but either way I would find this fun:
  • Overwhelmed: How many assaults can you withstand? With your fortress, repel as many waves of enemies as possible, which range from a few bandits until progressively mounting to full scale-sieges. You cannot win, only survive longer each time. The idea is to see how impenetrable your castle is, and how long you can last. It wouldn't affect your castle in quests, as this really is a mini-game, but provides some light-hearted fun.
Sounds kind of like the survival one I outlined earlier, this would be fine for a minigame sort of thing though. I like the idea of going until you lose sort of thing, see how good you realy are, just not sure about doing it with your own castle, even if it doesn't cause any damage, I don't want to see my castle burn lol. Of course I'll add as is, but what do you think about it as a custom scenario with a fixed start/defenses? I'd love that sort of thing for bragging rights heh. A good idea either way, I didn't really consider making one that you just can't win but has no effect on the persistent world or anything.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 10-04-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I did consider the option of choosing castles you might want to defend, but I think it would be nice to, at separate stages in construction, to test your caste
Old 10-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I did consider the option of choosing castles you might want to defend, but I think it would be nice to, at separate stages in construction, to test your caste
That would be cool. Could upload your castle into the skirmish mode and then play from therE?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
That would be cool. Could upload your castle into the skirmish mode and then play from therE?
I don't know if that'd be possible, it would be interesting though!

Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeso View Post
I don't know if that'd be possible, it would be interesting though!
Could possibly be with the talk of them enabling data to pass from one computer to another. So if they just had a sub file within that which stores all your castle date that may be the way to go.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:57 PM

I'll be making a poll within a few days here, so if you have anything you'd like to add - do so soon!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:57 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeso View Post
I'll be making a poll within a few days here, so if you have anything you'd like to add - do so soon!
Well i little edited mine .... to be better to read and changed name =P and little hotfixes.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!