Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Lil' Wizard's Spell n Enchantments - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation
Default Lil' Wizard's Spell n Enchantments

Hi, as no one might know, I plan to design maps for DoF, and I was a bit curious.

All your spells seem to be large scale, and since I was planning on trying out on an RPG scenario (The faithful party of the Wizard, the Paladin, the Dwarf and the Rogue), I was wondering if we would be able to craft SMALL spells, as in a scale from 1 to 10 that do not insta kill, for a per say spellcaster character to cast on a few enemies (10 or less).

Also to make this thread a bit active and give the community something to do:

Create a Spell

Ignoring the game's limitations, create a spell as wacky or simple as you want that you plan to craft in the game and I'll add em on a list.

Spells so Far:
  • Fire Beam: The wizard casts a small line of fire towards the direction indicated burning all enemies and allies in its path.
  • Lightning: The wizard shoots lightning out of his staff and fries his enemies in a chain link (If enemy B is enar enemy A which has been attacked, it spreads to enemy B as well).
  • Drain Life: The spellcaster targets an area (size dependent on level of the caster), and leeches life from that area, giving the leeched health to surrounding, allied units. This could be a continuous process, which stops when the spellcaster is interrupted, the spellcaster decides to stop, mana runs out or there are no more units in that area (for X seconds). For the Light spellcaster, a higher fraction of the leeched health is given back to the allied units; for the Dark spellcaster, the enemy units suffer more damage.
  • Shadow: Target a small area (Increases dependent on caster level) all units that remain still and do not attack within this area remain invisible. Long duration, moderate fade in time (Seconds remaining still before becoming invisible). Allows you to hide counter units amongst other units. Think a large group of swordsmen with on either side or within small gaps, waiting pikes/spears. The swordsmen without spears/pikes prompt a cavalry charge, as I assume they're very weak to them. Then the pikes/spears move out once the cavalry is locked in combat, moving behind them and trapping them.
  • Barrier: Creates a relatively small impassable barrier(It would require 2 at minimum to block a gate/wall breach), moderate cooldown that's longer than spell duration. Health of the barrier is dependent on caster level. Light specialization barriers heal rapidly over time, have higher base health, last longer(only a slight delay between recasting it as it runs out) and push enemy units away a fair distance when they are destroyed (think meters). Dark specialization barriers phase in and out of the physical plane for your own units allowing them to walk through/stand inside of. While inside of a barrier health of units drains slowly but they cannot be harmed by direct attacks while within the barrier, only area of effect attacks will hurt them until the barrier breaks. dark barriers placed ontop of enemy units will cause a moderate amount of damage and force them out of it in the shortest direction so be careful not to push them through to the wrong side!
  • Frozen Field: Creates a moderately sized field that slows units within it, short duration and moderate cooldown. Light specialization will allow friendly units to move at full speed. Dark Specialization will cause damage to all units within the field and has a very slight chance every tick of damage to snap freeze units for half the time between damage ticks.
  • Snap Freeze: Freezes a single enemy unit for a very long duration, low mana cost, long cooldown. Heroes/wizards/special units are frozen for lesser durations respectively with heroes breaking free almost instantly. Light specialization makes Snap Freeze last longer. Dark specialization makes Snap Freeze 'shatter' if the target is hit by an attack before the freeze ends causing extreme damage (Kills most regular units, deals less to heroes/wizards/special units respectively) and unfreezing them instantly. Units are immune to Snap Freeze for a long time after being frozen.
  • Telekinesis: transports any battalion, tree, rock, or building to anywhere in the wizard's range. If teleported over water or a large height, the object(s) is destroyed(with possible falling and screaming of funny little enemy units )
  • Icey Grasp: freezes the enemies units for moderate damage and slows them down. The affected units slowly gain back their movement speed. Also prevents the firing of arrows or stones from trebuchets.
  • Summon guardian: More sorceress cast that spell stronger is guardian.
    Good magic- guardian has aoe healing, and if he does not have anything to heal he can go on single target melee dps (immune to magic).
    Dark magic- demon doing aoe dps, can also go on single target melee dps (immune to magic).
  • Summon elemental: Has a chance to summon one of 4 elementals (fire, earth, water, air.... depends on location of summoning - stormy weather-wind one, fire on building - fire one, sea or river - water one, any other earthy stuff - earth one.
    Fire ele.-doing fire dmg; water ele.- doing aoe dmg; wind ele.- reducing stats on enemies; earth ele.- has better base stats.
    Good magic: They have better defensive stats.
    Evilzzzz: they have better offensive stat.
  • Stun: The spellcaster targets an area (size dependent on level of the caster), in which all encompassed enemy units are blinded by a flare. Lower level units are unable to move, whereas the more experienced either move and fight slower, or are unaffected at all (dependent on the level of the caster). Damage is only caused with the Dark affinity. For the Light spellcaster, higher level and more experienced units are affected, and the intensity increases; for the Dark spellcaster, the enemy units suffer damage over turn.

Last edited by sneaky_squirrel : 10-04-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Ha, I was going to create a 'Suggest a Spell' thread for fun but forgot about it Nice work sneaky_squirrel, this could be fun.
Not entirely wacky, but this is a spell I'd love:
  • Drain Life: The spellcaster targets an area (size dependent on level of the caster), and leeches life from that area, giving the leeched health to surrounding, allied units. This could be a continuous process, which stops when the spellcaster is interrupted, the spellcaster decides to stop, mana runs out or there are no more units in that area (for X seconds). For the Light spellcaster, a higher fraction of the leeched health is given back to the allied units; for the Dark spellcaster, the enemy units suffer more damage. Water School
  • Stun: The spellcaster targets an area (size dependent on level of the caster), in which all encompassed enemy units are blinded by a flare. Lower level units are unable to move, whereas the more experienced either move and fight slower, or are unaffected at all (dependent on the level of the caster). Damage is only caused with the Dark affinity. For the Light spellcaster, higher level and more experienced units are affected, and the intensity increases; for the Dark spellcaster, the enemy units suffer damage over turn. Fire School

Last edited by Puppeteer : 10-04-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Invisibility: Target a small area (Increases dependent on caster level) all units that remain still and do not attack within this area remain invisible. Long duration, moderate fade in time (Seconds remaining still before becoming invisible). Light specialization would moderately heal invisible units. Dark specialization would allow units to remain invisible for a short duration after moving to maximize the advantage of surprise. Edit2: The other idea I had for Light would be either a defense bonus for all units within the field, or a weaker healing effect, both regardless of invisible.

Allows you to hide counter units amongst other units. Think a large group of swordsmen with on either side or within small gaps, waiting pikes/spears. The swordsmen without spears/pikes prompt a cavalry charge, as I assume they're very weak to them. Then the pikes/spears move out once the cavalry is locked in combat, moving behind them and trapping them.

Edit: And if anything, I'd rather see create a quest give the devs something to think about regarding what we want to see for MMORTS quests.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 10-03-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Ok I'll add those two, and Haeso you forgot to change spell name ;p.

Create quest would be fun too.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:33 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
Ok I'll add those two, and Haeso you forgot to change spell name ;p.

Create quest would be fun too.
Oh, it was when I edited it somehow, weird. Anyway, yeah I was going to add the create a quest thing a long time ago, but when I asked around if people were interested, nobody seemed interested. Same with throwing around ideas for creating entire custom maps. Both of which are interesting to me, but apparently not so much to others, at least those I asked. Perhaps create a new thread for each, entirely different discussions. I can do the create a quest one I suppose. We all need something to discuss while waiting for beta/for any lucky enough to get in, the internship

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

You two might want to add Light and Dark variations - make it more interesting, and include DoF's magic system.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
You two might want to add Light and Dark variations - make it more interesting, and include DoF's magic system.
I thought about it, but without more than a handful of examples it's hard to understand fully what they want from it, also if it's for a custom scenario it may not need the specialization. I'll add one for mine I guess, it really does work for it good call, but I can easily see some spells that wouldn't fit with specialization.

Ah I see you're adding to a list you're making, edit my first one as it is now if you would, the how to use it bit can be left out for the list to keep it neat/smaller.

Edit: Did you want us to declare which school each spell was for.

Barrier: Creates a relatively small impassable barrier(It would require 2 at minimum to block a gate/wall breach), moderate cooldown that's longer than spell duration. Health of the barrier is dependent on caster level. Light specialization barriers heal rapidly over time, have higher base health, last longer(only a slight delay between recasting it as it runs out) and push enemy units away a fair distance when they are destroyed (think meters). Dark specialization barriers phase in and out of the physical plane for your own units allowing them to walk through/stand inside of. While inside of a barrier health of units drains slowly but they cannot be harmed by direct attacks while within the barrier, only area of effect attacks will hurt them until the barrier breaks. dark barriers placed ontop of enemy units will cause a moderate amount of damage and force them out of it in the shortest direction so be careful not to push them through to the wrong side!

Frozen Field: Creates a moderately sized field that slows units within it, short duration and moderate cooldown. Light specialization will allow friendly units to move at full speed. Dark Specialization will cause damage to all units within the field and has a very slight chance every tick of damage to snap freeze units for half the time between damage ticks.

Snap Freeze: Freezes a single enemy unit for a very long duration, low mana cost, long cooldown. Heroes/wizards/special units are frozen for lesser durations respectively with heroes breaking free almost instantly. Light specialization makes Snap Freeze last longer. Dark specialization makes Snap Freeze 'shatter' if the target is hit by an attack before the freeze ends causing extreme damage (Kills most regular units, deals less to heroes/wizards/special units respectively) and unfreezing them instantly. Units are immune to Snap Freeze for a long time after being frozen.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 10-03-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Telekinesis: transports any battalion, tree, rock, or building to anywhere in the wizard's range. If teleported over water or a large height, the object(s) is destroyed(with possible falling and screaming of funny little enemy units )

Icey Grasp: freezes the enemies units for moderate damage and slows them down. The affected units slowly gain back their movement speed. Also prevents the firing of arrows or stones from trebuchets.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 10-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

-Summon guardian: More sorceress cast that spell stronger is guardian.
Good magic- guardian has aoe healing, and if he does not have anything to heal he can go on single target melee dps (immune to magic).
Dark magic- demon doing aoe dps, can also go on single target melee dps (immune to magic).

-Summon elemental: Has a chance to summon one of 4 elementals (fire, earth, water, air.... depends on location of summoning - stormy weather-wind one, fire on building - fire one, sea or river - water one, any other earthy stuff - earth one.
Fire ele.-doing fire dmg; water ele.- doing aoe dmg; wind ele.- reducing stats on enemies; earth ele.- has better base stats.
Good magic: They have better defensive stats.
Evilzzzz: they have better offensive stat.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

I'm going with a lower level spell here - it probably already is ingame, but I think it's a useful Fire spell:
  • Stun: The spellcaster targets an area (size dependent on level of the caster), in which all encompassed enemy units are blinded by a flare. Lower level units are unable to move, whereas the more experienced either move and fight slower, or are unaffected at all (dependent on the level of the caster). Damage is only caused with the Dark affinity. For the Light spellcaster, higher level and more experienced units are affected, and the intensity increases; for the Dark spellcaster, the enemy units suffer damage over turn.