Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

logging off in combat - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

The way I picture it,,,( I'm not exactly sure how Kon has it in his mind) is that you are able to buy(with Real Money) influence which you can gain by winning battles doing quests etc in game, influence is then used at our ingame online shop to purchase quest packs, resources, units, unique elite units, and special deals we release daily.

A player who buys influence or an experienced player that has tons of influence will then be able to go to our ingame online shop and spend it to say rebuy his armies after losing a battle and wanting to simply continue fighting instead of spending 1 hour rebuilding his armies or stronghold.
If you get good at sieging people, and have an awesome army, I could see you simply saving time and spending influence on your lost troops to get your Army back to it's primary game occupation... WAR! If not, go back to your homeland and get the peasantry back to work to start gathering resources to train a new army.

This method will let people that don't mind spending a bit more money for more action quicker for wars and battles; but also allowing players that don't want to spend more money to do exactly what everyone else can do but at a slower pace. It will also allow us to constantly make new content and quests to release to everyone for free unless you want to save time and buy influence,,, say for example 5$ for 50,000inf(100inf for 1 cent, buy a few battalions of swordsmen with that 100inf.), each battle won say gives you 100-1000inf. Each quest pack that adds a bunch of offline quests costs say 10,000 - 25,000inf each, we could even make expansion packs this way,,,100,000inf for a new fraction and expansion of the world map into DOF: Return of the Dragons? DOF2? Co-op Campaigns?
All influence would be nontransferable and only spent in our shop, so don't worry, there wont be a factory of Chinese children gathering digital non existent fake money to sell on ebay.

Players wont be overbalanced because this simply buys the units it doesn't rank them up, an experienced army will still kick the living S*** out of a newly purchased all level 1 army. Elite Units will simply be unlocked but will still be extremely costly to train, may take a large chunk of your population and upkeep, Dragons cost a lot too feed you know, and you can't seem to stop it from snacking on your dam Tower Guards! Lol.

Disclaimer:
This post should be considered completely unconfirmed.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

That seems like a good system to me. If it is like that, then I can see you guys making a fair amount of money doing that, and if it's put partially to making new content and quests for free, who can argue with that?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

The problem is that 1. The bought influence will either be over- or underpowered. 2. they shouldnt do it at start. 3.It's a business so I have little hope in the expansions being totally free (because of those packages (expansions=more monies). )

The latter 2 being fine if the 1th one could be done correctly.

/thepessimisticme
Old 09-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
The problem is that 1. The bought influence will either be over- or underpowered. 2. they shouldnt do it at start. 3.It's a business so I have little hope in the expansions being totally free (because of those packages (expansions=more monies). )

The latter 2 being fine if the 1th one could be done correctly.

/thepessimisticme
I see gaining influence a lot easier then you may think, doing quests for your kingdom, helping your Allies in combat and sieges, crushing your enemy to the point where he asks to surrender and then giving him mercy; defending your stronghold against 2 armies at once and winning the battle. Anything that would give you more power, control, and well influence on your kingdom in real life is what should give you influence to spend as you will in dof.
Win a battle 250-1000 times,,, there have a new expansion pack. Experienced hardcore players won't need to spend more money to play more of the game they love. I like the idea.
Pfft, Go play c&c3 win a battle 2000 times and what do you get? Rank 1563... nothing else, and you still need to go out and buy c&c3:kanes Wraith for 30$.
With Dawn of fantasy, win a war of 2000 battles or more and what do you get? Tons of influence to spend as you will to make the game even better with tons of quest packs and small expansion packs we will continually make after release, ability to stay in wars with pure hardcore battles with skipping the economy side of the game(only if you want) and buying and replacing your dead armies with influence; Make sure you take these new armies on the new quests so they can rank up a bit,,, Experience is the victor.

If this is what reverie is going to do in the end,,, I support it, in my opinion its not greedy and its honest sale that bonuses everyone, poor people don't need to spend more money, rich people can help Reverie and get everything formentioned above without having to play 1000-2000 games!

Old 09-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
I see gaining influence a lot easier then you may think, doing quests for your kingdom, helping your Allies in combat and sieges, crushing your enemy to the point where he asks to surrender and then giving him mercy; defending your stronghold against 2 armies at once and winning the battle. Anything that would give you more power, control, and well influence on your kingdom in real life is what should give you influence to spend as you will in dof.
Win a battle 250-1000 times,,, there have a new expansion pack. Experienced hardcore players won't need to spend more money to play more of the game they love. I like the idea.
Pfft, Go play c&c3 win a battle 2000 times and what do you get? Rank 1563... nothing else, and you still need to go out and buy c&c3:kanes Wraith for 30$.
With Dawn of fantasy, win a war of 2000 battles or more and what do you get? Tons of influence to spend as you will to make the game even better with tons of quest packs and small expansion packs we will continually make after release, ability to stay in wars with pure hardcore battles with skipping the economy side of the game(only if you want) and buying and replacing your dead armies with influence; Make sure you take these new armies on the new quests so they can rank up a bit,,, Experience is the victor.

If this is what reverie is going to do in the end,,, I support it, in my opinion its not greedy and its honest sale that bonuses everyone, poor people don't need to spend more money, rich people can help Reverie and get everything formentioned above without having to play 1000-2000 games!
I agree with this.thoose who are willing to spend and give the company that extra bit of money to make the game even better should not be overpowered and this system ensures it.

one thought however is that you should not be able to attack a player you have just fought for around 24 hours. As this could become a influence based game where somone can have a close fight. And then the enemy decides to buy an entire new army while the other player has to rebuild. And then looses as a result of this (It would affectivly be troop spamming)
Old 09-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

I can see your point but I can say for a fact that a lot of people see: pay for getting an edge ingame and immidiatly think this game isnt for them. But yea if you emphasize free expansions because of this & just giving a fair competition to the no-lifers it might not be a problem. Depends on how it will work in practise I guess.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
I can see your point but I can say for a fact that a lot of people see: pay for getting an edge ingame and immidiatly think this game isnt for them. But yea if you emphasize free expansions because of this & just giving a fair competition to the no-lifers it might not be a problem. Depends on how it will work in practise I guess.
I guess this could be practiced during late stage beta by giving select beta players (free influence). and see how it affects them in comparison to overs. this could be adjusted with the restarts etc. untill a balnace is met where is gives a small advantage but does not overpower.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
I guess this could be practiced during late stage beta by giving select beta players (free influence). and see how it affects them in comparison to overs. this could be adjusted with the restarts etc. untill a balnace is met where is gives a small advantage but does not overpower.
With our auto matcher that weighs the armies' ranks, upgrades, unit numbers, elite units and heroes then matches them proficiently to a enemy, the only imbalance I can see is the player's skill differences in combat and unit imbalances which we hope to perfectly balance during beta prior to release.

Heres an idea,,, say there isn't any matches of enemies that are at your skill range, we could have a widen search which matches with players below and or above skills compared to yours, and depending on that skill level we could increase the amount of influence with the raise or lower of the risk involved. Underdog low ranked players with crap armies that should lose a hard battle will gain more influence if they win; completely opposite if you are more powerful you will gain less then normal influence after crushing your enemy in a very easy battle. This will prevent bullying of novice players/armies on experienced players/armies while still letting any player fight any battle if he wants to.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
With our auto matcher that weighs the armies' ranks, upgrades, unit numbers, elite units and heroes then matches them proficiently to a enemy, the only imbalance I can see is the player's skill differences in combat and unit imbalances which we hope to perfectly balance during beta prior to release.

Heres an idea,,, say there isn't any matches of enemies that are at your skill range, we could have a widen search which matches with players below and or above skills compared to yours, and depending on that skill level we could increase the amount of influence with the raise or lower of the risk involved. Underdog low ranked players with crap armies that should lose a hard battle will gain more influence if they win; completely opposite if you are more powerful you will gain less then normal influence after crushing your enemy in a very easy battle. This will prevent bullying of novice players/armies on experienced players/armies while still letting any player fight any battle if he wants to.
Hmm intresting idea. Andi like how it will work however how will you measure comparative army's. Say if one has an army of horsemen. And the other an army of elves (unlikly i know). Then it will still be a unpitched battle. And although the archers may be alot higher level. They still would be at a large disadvantage (im guessing) to the horsemen.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Hmm intresting idea. Andi like how it will work however how will you measure comparative army's. Say if one has an army of horsemen. And the other an army of elves (unlikly i know). Then it will still be a unpitched battle. And although the archers may be alot higher level. They still would be at a large disadvantage (im guessing) to the horsemen.
Whoever builds one-unit spam armies deserves whatever they get.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*