Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

logging off in combat - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
I think he emans that we will be able to buy them by unlocking them, not buying the locked units for free ;p.

Just hope they aren't essential for combat.
But then that suggests you HAVE to have the required 'influence' to unlock units you've already purchased? Otherwise it would be redundant if purchasing it gave you the influence, no? Neither of those seem right, though they could be. It's all speculation for now.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

But how would you purchase what is locked in the first place?

You do realize I mean purchase as in "spending real life cash", will we have to do that to purchase better units(Like other MMORTS)?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
But how would you purchase what is locked in the first place?

You do realize I mean purchase as in "spending real life cash", will we have to do that to purchase better units(Like other MMORTS)?
Either I read it wrong or it confused me, either way, it has always been their intention to add little packs of content like extra units/quests for cash. I have no idea what their role will be/how powerful etc.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
We`ll have couple of safety ideas in place - such as to surrender/offer surrender - over 20% of total unit population must be dead.
What if you absolutely have to leave, and someone attacked at the worst possible moment?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
What if you absolutely have to leave, and someone attacked at the worst possible moment?
Pay them off...
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Ohhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I do, in a way, think that there shouldn't be any alternative to get out of that situation due to the fact that people would abuse it. The rank system should help, though, to make sure that the game isn't over before it starts.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 09-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

To clear up the Influence and unlocking paid content question.

It IS possible to pay a large amount of influence resources to unlock or buy paid content such as elite units or additional quests.

Both sides in the above argument are right:
-some elite units you would need to unlock for Influence or $, and then train them in your homeland - for example lets say dwarfish rifleman.
-other elite units, and quest packs, you can`t build but can buy for Influence (or $) - lets say you can buy 3 royal dragon, or a quest pack.

However, since research, and many other things in-game activities consume Influence - it would take a lot of hours to have extra influence to spend on paid content.

And after all - if you spend around 8$ on buying extra resources, quests and units - you will greatly support the developer - since we`ll be getting all the $. In fact when you spend just over 8$ - it`s like we sold extra copy of the game (once you count all the deductions for publishers, manufacturing e.t.c)
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Now then, we will have a bank of some sort to buy these mission packs or will it be directly out of our resources during gameplay?

Thanks

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 09-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

o man o man I dint know about this payed content stuff this almost trashes my hopes for this game does this mean someone can come in and put 20 dollars a day into there account and just totally dominate anything . Sad day for me, I hope there is something in place to make it not to overbalanced I don't know how though. I dunno someone shed some light on this fear. Sure I understand it's good for the company and thats fine, I don't even mind that people that have the money to spend on this game do get some stuff to make them better off but I dont want to play a game were I have to keep putting money into the game to compete. Every once in a while would be alright i guess.

Also I have nothing against paying for expansion packs or even paying monthly but prefer the way guild wars does it.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

No worries, from what I heard you only battle those guys who you can actually give a fight ;p.

Who needs them (Content).

I really hope there to be guys who pay 20 daily, it would really help the company .