Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How will civilians work? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Mrdash Mrdash is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Behind you...the guy w/ the 20 cal.
Posts: 278
Mrdash is someone to trust
Default

First of all kronlc....you remind me of a character from a book I read once "Marsuvees Black". And if you want to know if thats a complement or the opposite you will have to read it(Showdown)

Second (to get back on topic) I like the idea where they atoumaticly do stuff but you can revert them and stuff. So you set this group to gther food they will continue to find and gather food (I mean moving from spot to spot unlike AoE where they finish mining and go "what do we do now?) until you tell them otherwise.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Esculas the Mighty Esculas the Mighty is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: States :D
Posts: 505
Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdash View Post
First of all kronlc....you remind me of a character from a book I read once "Marsuvees Black". And if you want to know if thats a complement or the opposite you will have to read it(Showdown)

Second (to get back on topic) I like the idea where they atoumaticly do stuff but you can revert them and stuff. So you set this group to gther food they will continue to find and gather food (I mean moving from spot to spot unlike AoE where they finish mining and go "what do we do now?) until you tell them otherwise.
i like that

lol telling the dragons to go get food i dont care how u get it they start hunting elves and humans
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM
cherbui cherbui is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 40
cherbui has a default reputation
Default

i would like to see civilans/villagers go on a riot... if you make them work too much ahaha lol
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:38 AM
The Witch King of Angmar's Avatar
The Witch King of Angmar The Witch King of Angmar is offline
Reverie Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minas Morgul, Middle-Earth
Posts: 1,809
The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation
Default

That'd be fantastic and they'd get rebellion leadership from the leader of a riot. Or you could control a riot and rebel against your kingdom for tyranny!
__________________
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey..."

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Esculas the Mighty Esculas the Mighty is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: States :D
Posts: 505
Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
That'd be fantastic and they'd get rebellion leadership from the leader of a riot. Or you could control a riot and rebel against your kingdom for tyranny!
lol just dont make it out of hand like glory of the roman empire when they would complain about not having wheat they would burn down all the wheat farms and proceed to complain about bread
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
kronlc kronlc is offline
Orc Sect:
Berserker
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: here
Posts: 103
kronlc has a default reputation
Default

That always opens up the question' What does one
do to stop a uprising or punish civilians and panic mongered
serfs....uprising ?

Well in real time when such things happened'
the head trouble makers were either usually sniffed out
and hoisted up over the gates for decorations ...,
Or spent a few years thinking about there actions
in the castle dungeons ... Or hanged ...or quartered into pieces
and hung around the township willy nilly for public observation...
burnt starved beaten and fondled.

I dont think uprisings were to succesfull back when was when.
Serfs would have been hesitant to rise up arms against trained soldiers.

THe point is ok......If there is going to be uprisings in game '
I want the option of gallows, crows nests' and all the other
nasty things you can do to change wicked ones ways.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Esculas the Mighty Esculas the Mighty is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: States :D
Posts: 505
Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronlc View Post
That always opens up the question' What does one
do to stop a uprising or punish civilians and panic mongered
serfs....uprising ?

Well in real time when such things happened'
the head trouble makers were either usually sniffed out
and hoisted up over the gates for decorations ...,
Or spent a few years thinking about there actions
in the castle dungeons ... Or hanged ...or quartered into pieces
and hung around the township willy nilly for public observation...
burnt starved beaten and fondled.

I dont think uprisings were to succesfull back when was when.
Serfs would have been hesitant to rise up arms against trained soldiers.

THe point is ok......If there is going to be uprisings in game '
I want the option of gallows, crows nests' and all the other
nasty things you can do to change wicked ones ways.
i wish cause in glory it would be 1 ****ed citizen who burns down all the important stuff causing trouble for the whole city
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Puppeteer's Avatar
Puppeteer Puppeteer is offline
Reverie Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,608
Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice
Default

Quote:
I dont think uprisings were to succesfull back when was when.
Serfs would have been hesitant to rise up arms against trained soldiers.
Oh really?... Well, if you want.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:17 AM
nickson104 nickson104 is offline
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wales (Britain)
Posts: 1,119
nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto
Default

Okay, to start with no I will not stoop to his level and insult my own intelligence by making him look bad.

Yes balance between micro and macro and between economy and military must be reached, it would make the game; THE game.
I like to assign citizens myself dont get me wrong, but when you spend the whole of 10 minutes assigning citizens jobs thats when it gets a bit out of hand, the auto assign would be good in some ways but manual is a necessary too.

Rebellions.... im sure we talked about that before im all for it but i think it would be rather hard to implement a logical and fair system, as already pointed out some games have tried it but made it go from one complaint to another so you are constantly juggling complaints and always on the brink of rebellion.

And just look at history... a lot of the time the peasants didnt care they were up against trained soldiers (safety in numbers works a lot) British Civil War, Welsh Turnpike Rebellions (cant remember the proper term) and loads of other rebellions have been instigated in the past, most were unsuccessful but some were...
__________________
Xbox live gamertag: WelshAbyss
Feel free to add me and game to our hearts content :)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM
cherbui cherbui is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 40
cherbui has a default reputation
Default

auto-rebellion capability would be fun to watch in a battle. i played american conquest and several times i have my own troops rebell against me for lack of food or pay... but i quickly put them to rest. well i was thinking .. what about spies ? i mean spies can causing uproars in time of war?...lol it would be funny to start a war , send spies in, screw other player's momentum with a rebellion.. a win win situation haha

Last edited by cherbui : 10-21-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 PM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Kingdom Wars and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.