Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Occupation? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation
Smile Occupation?

Okay, I had this idea for the MMO version:

How about, instead of moving your territory every time it's conquered, you become part of the victor's "Empire"? That way you would have to pay a regular tribute to that player (A certain % of income?) and have some of his soldiers patrolling your base and generally bullying your citizens. He could also absorb your remaining soldiers into his army and start conscripting your citizens.

This would not be the end for you, because your surviving heroes could go into hiding (turning the game into more of an RPG) and form an underground resistance movement, hopefully and eventually liberating your base or evacuating your loyal citizens to settle elsewhere.

This would make it so powerful players have to not only protect their borders, but also keep a sufficient garrison in their occupied towns in order to keep control of the population.

Anyways, hope you like my ideas and I do admit that they are a bit rough, but I do hope something similar could be incorporated into the game.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack103 View Post
Okay, I had this idea for the MMO version:

How about, instead of moving your territory every time it's conquered, you become part of the victor's "Empire"? That way you would have to pay a regular tribute to that player (A certain % of income?) and have some of his soldiers patrolling your base and generally bullying your citizens. He could also absorb your remaining soldiers into his army and start conscripting your citizens.

This would not be the end for you, because your surviving heroes could go into hiding (turning the game into more of an RPG) and form an underground resistance movement, hopefully and eventually liberating your base or evacuating your loyal citizens to settle elsewhere.

This would make it so powerful players have to not only protect their borders, but also keep a sufficient garrison in their occupied towns in order to keep control of the population.

Anyways, hope you like my ideas and I do admit that they are a bit rough, but I do hope something similar could be incorporated into the game.
dude.. we think too much alike

but if the victor just decides to level your city then u have to start over in a different region like norm
Old 09-25-2008, 06:16 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

Wouldn't the 'victor' know of a small band of rebels/terrorists/freedom fighters? He would just hunt them down. For which reason I don't think it would work. Also, most players would just abandon their particular team at that point and start afresh; another reason why it wouldn't work.

Sorry but I can't see it actualising. I think the team would be a lot more strict. Plus, it has to remain an RTS, at most, with RPG elements.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyro11 View Post
Wouldn't the 'victor' know of a small band of rebels/terrorists/freedom fighters? He would just hunt them down. For which reason I don't think it would work. Also, most players would just abandon their particular team at that point and start afresh; another reason why it wouldn't work.

Sorry but I can't see it actualising. I think the team would be a lot more strict. Plus, it has to remain an RTS, at most, with RPG elements.
Spoil sport, all good games have to have a storyline
I am all for the idea, you becoming like their vassal or such, yeah the occupier could just raze the town or just parts of it to flush out the defendants or perhaps they will go search and destroy or maybe even espionage? Your idea opens up a wide variety of playstyles, im all for it...

And yeah... Fyro... i wouldnt abandon my forces to restart again, i would fight it out, and perhaps they wont give you that option?
Old 09-26-2008, 09:34 AM

aVeron has a default reputation

Hmm.. Cool idea. But i dont think all of that is possible to make in this game engine.. But it would be damn cool! Could be something like vassal.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

Im not much for that idea. Someone ruling over me. Nope Never.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:45 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

That's like... nothing that DoF is.....

Maybe a potential mod idea...
Old 09-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdash View Post
Im not much for that idea. Someone ruling over me. Nope Never.
i dont mind someone ruling over me if they defeated fair and square but if like 8 people jumped on me and 1 guy wants me to follow his rules ima spit and his face
Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esculas the Migthy View Post
i dont mind someone ruling over me if they defeated fair and square but if like 8 people jumped on me and 1 guy wants me to follow his rules ima spit and his face
Same. To be honest i wouldnt mind someone rule over me at all, vassalage works two ways, yes we pay tribute and answer to them but in return they must also protect us too.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Same. To be honest i wouldnt mind someone rule over me at all, vassalage works two ways, yes we pay tribute and answer to them but in return they must also protect us too.
true i just want tht person too be strong leader not a wimpy leader whos only taken me over tho to help from nations from afar

id just say no to the tributes rebuild a military and find allies willing to help me back on my feet and bring down the house