Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How do I join Reverie World Studios? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr has a default reputation
Default How do I join Reverie World Studios?

i would like to ask how to joni the projects u guys are making and if it will still be around and 5 to 6years from now this project shows that dof and its company is not like a game like aoe3 or something stupid i would like to know how you could join the prodcution and if their is an age limit to join..
Old 08-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

If you are interested in a position, e-mail Konstantin, the Producer, at Konstantin[at]Reverieworld[dot]com (Spam his email and get banned.) with your resume, request, map or mod projects if any, and info about yourself AND Your PC Specs. If you have more questions you would like to ask, just post them in this topic or PM me (Joseph Visscher) using these forums and I will answer them to the best of my ability.
The minimum age is 16.
Extremely experienced with computers.
Commitment of atleast 10 hours a week.
Type of job: Tell us what you do, and we will see what we can do to have you do what we need you to do for us. Right?
Pay: Payment is between the individual and the company, but rates range in the double digits an hour.

We are currently looking for a very experienced LUA Coder/Scripter

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 08-18-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

^^^^^^seriously? How do you guys deal with the underage hassle of working papers and stuff? Thats cool though.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:31 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex719 View Post
^^^^^^seriously? How do you guys deal with the underage hassle of working papers and stuff? Thats cool though.
Hey, if young people can work in a McDonalds they might as well work for a game developer, it should be no less demeaning.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 08-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

heh u got a point there.
hope i can get in as a coder when im finished with school

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 08-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex719 View Post
We have a Virtual Office, no papers, just text, meetings, signing in and out, oh and work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
Hey, if young people can work in a McDonalds they might as well work for a game developer, it should be no less demeaning.

Yea, right,
Skill required Working at McMaggets does not even universally come near the artistic or codex experience that we are looking for in our future workers.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 08-18-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post

Yea, right,
Skill required Working at McMaggets does not even universally come near the artistic or codex experience that we are looking for in our future workers.
I'm not sure if you misunderstood or are being sarcastic but just in case I was joking, of course I wouldn't compare assembling cheeseburgers with game design.

Although considering how some games turn out sometimes I'd rather have a cheeseburger.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure if you misunderstood or are being sarcastic but just in case I was joking, of course I wouldn't compare assembling cheeseburgers with game design.

Although considering how some games turn out sometimes I'd rather have a cheeseburger.
Really what makes a good game is the player’s perspective, if the player just looks at the cons of the game, it will be a bad game, if he looks at all the pros, it will be a good game, the trick is to show the pros and hide the cons. Along with a high element of addiction.

But of course with that in mind, and with a unbiased attitude, the major things that make good or bad games are: Amount of content, Addiction, Story, Gameplay and Glitches.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

i love games with huge contents, where you just keep on going and every time you log in you say. Hey ... I didn't knew that.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

Quote:
I'm not sure if you misunderstood or are being of course I wouldn't compare assembling cheeseburgers with game design.

lol man that made me laugh :P