Recommended Forces for These Denwall and Dagbor - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

apebble is on a good road to success
Default Recommended Forces for These Denwall and Dagbor

Could anyone recommend an army power and possibly an army set that would be able to take Denwall and Dagbor (the two recommendations can be different for each city).

I am an elf, but have minimalistic access to human units.

If it would change things, I prefer cavalry and ballistae (whatever the elvish kind are...idk).

Any help is appreciated!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

These two towns are hard to take, protected by level 18-20 troops. I would recommend a full 60 unit stacked army of level 20 troops, or CoOp. Cavalry won`t work as it can`t attack these units on walls, and even with 16 balistas it would take u a very long time to get though the walls, and all the ranged units.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:16 PM

Xavarion has a default reputation

A traditionalist army would make these both tough nuts to crack. If you do, however, have wizards and a dragon the way I did it was;

Position your cavalry to the Southwest of your initial camp (the first siege camp option, whichever that is) to intercept the reinforcements that will definitely have time to arrive.

Use your wizards to systematically wipe the walls of archers/crossbows/trebuchets. Patience is a must or you will retreat in shame. Be mindful of your wizards! They like to stand in the rain of arrows and bolts.

When there is not a constant sheet of arrows/bolts, fly your dragon over to either punch a hole in the wall or over it to take out the gate mechanism. Then retreat the dragon to your hero for some group heal loving.

With the new access, repeat the wizard wipe of the inner walls/keep. Once the towns hero is standing amongst the electrocuted/charred/frozen bodies of his army, drop the dragon on his head FTW.

I suppose you could try to substitute the wizards for a full stack (16) of lvl 20 Rangers, but you would have to be very mindful not to lose them to opposing fire. Or bring a good amount of Ballista and Wardens to repair them as they pound away at the wall.

You could also try Enchanters to cast that vine spell that breaks walls, but I am not too familiar with Elves to be sure of the effectiveness.

Hope any of this helps, and good luck!
Old 04-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

apebble is on a good road to success

Thanks for the recommendations mates! I just got some wizards not too long ago, so once I have them/him built up, I'll be sure to go ahead and give the above option a go...those units are immortal anyways, so meh lol