Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Need Clear Docs on Co-op feature - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 10:55 AM

macpharlan has a default reputation
Default Need Clear Docs on Co-op feature

I play this with my brother and two of my kids, we are mainly after it for the coop aspect, there needs to be some clear documentation around how this feature works, for as it stands now it is very hard and frustrating to do quests or sieges together.

I have heard folks inform me that the army must be +- 10%, others say the invited army must be smaller around 50%.

The only message given from the game is "does not have a suitable army"

Please at a minimum add what a suitable army is instead of just the message, something like: total army points can't be over ### or whatever the params are.

From one software engineer to another, thanx for listening and all the hard work.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 PM

Goddessa has a default reputation
Default Army needed to co-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpharlan View Post
I play this with my brother and two of my kids, we are mainly after it for the coop aspect, there needs to be some clear documentation around how this feature works, for as it stands now it is very hard and frustrating to do quests or sieges together.

I have heard folks inform me that the army must be +- 10%, others say the invited army must be smaller around 50%.

Please at a minimum add what a suitable army is instead of just the message, something like: total army points can't be over ### or whatever the params are.

From one software engineer to another, thanx for listening and all the hard work.
The best I can tell you from the co-ops I've played which have been a few is a 50% so say the lowest player is 786 the highest your army can be is 1572. Also on this note make sure the team that is co-oping all have their protection off and all travel to the city you are attacking. It seems to work the best if the lower army invites and it's usually easier to pick up the invited co-oper through random than a straight invite (typing the players name in). If you have concerns about the random part if both parties are close together it will pick each other up. As far as one army needs to be smaller than the other not really as long as it's in the 50% or above your good to go.
Hope this helps,
Goddessa

Last edited by Goddessa : 04-21-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:19 PM

Hassie has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpharlan View Post

Had this same problem and the developer made a post about it on the steam forums. I believe he said it was set to 50% - 200% of the quest army's strength. HOWEVER you must NOT have attack protection on. As attack protection protects from attacks and co-op requests. In case you are wondering, if you get a co-op request and say no, you get 10min of attack protection randomly from what I ahve seen. Try taking off attack protection before initiating co-op. Make sure you are near each other in the same region, and armies are somewhat similar in strength
Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Yes make sure you have attack protection off. I believe we changed it to 20%. But I will have all the numbers on my next reply to make sure you have all the right information. If you need anything don't hesitate to contact me.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:30 PM

Default Another try

I'd really like to get this sorted out as this is a big part of hte game for me, if I can send logs or such let me know.

When you say 20%, you are saying that the army strength needs to be within 20% of mine? Do number of units count (total) for quests?

Yesterday I tried the following on a human quest to kill a lord. If I choose to do the quest solo it lets me take 30 unit points.

NOTE: NO protection on with either person
Scenario 1:
- I created an army of 19 unit points and had my son create one of 10, so combine it would be 29, under the cap.

- We both put our armies next to the target on the map.

- I initiated the coop attack, puting his name in the request. Message was does not have a suitable army or such.

Scenario 2:
I had him remove one unit from his army and tried again, this time it worked, but selected his single unit!

Scenario 3: Moved his single guy out of the region, tried again, no suitable army again

Scenario 4: Split his army, tried again, non suitible army (both are only 4-5 strong), tried to even do a random search and would not pick him up, picked up others.

Scenario 5: Lowered my army to 15 units, still no luck

Nothing worked, could not even get the single person army to join up again
Old 04-30-2014, 03:38 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

You seem to have most things right except the Army Strength, but I'll go over all requirements for CoOp in case other players find it useful.

Army Strength is not just how many units there are, but is calculated based on the number, type and level of units in the army.

In the selected army window, the strength appears at the top near the name

The person you are inviting to CoOp must have a strength value that is within 50% to 200% of your strength value. We were going to change it when we changed the PvP range (to 90% to 110%), but decided to leave a wide range for CoOp

For example, if your strength is 240 they must have a strength of 120 to 480

When you are inviting the player by name (case sensitive), their army must be in the same region - e.g. you are inviting them to a quest in Rollingplain, their army must be in Rollingplain.

If you are inviting a random player, they can have their army in neighbouring regions.

The player you are inviting must be in their homeland or on the world map, and not in a quest, at a town merchant, viewing their army, managing their camps, etc.

The invited player must not have Attack Protection on (prevents the army from being registered for multiplayer), but the player issuing the invitation can have it on (their army is temporarily registered to do the search)

To arrange a CoOp match -

You need to:
- tell the other player the region the quest/city is in
- tell the other player your army strength
- enter the player's username (case-sensitive) for CoOp search

They need to:
- not have Attack Protection on
- have an army in the same region as the quest/city
- have an army within 50% to 200% of yours

We'll look at ways of making this easier (e.g. drop-down box of friends names) and providing mode information (e.g. saying what strength range/region is being searched)

Last edited by Brian Shingles : 04-30-2014 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:02 PM

Default Fantastic Info

Thanx a bunch for the info here, nice to have it laid out nicely. I would agree with you on an improve interface, would be nice to invite the player and allow them to add troops to the attack (much like you do when you do a coop quest) that way you can have a visual display of when you are over or not.

Last question: I understand the army strength and other parameters (I play with my kids so they are sitting next to me so it is easy to make sure we have these right). For co-op quests is there another parameter? Does the max units come into play (If I go it alone I can only have 30 units so I have to select what troops I want to go in)? Do we have to make sure our total units are not over that limit?

Thanx again for the answers.

MacPharlan
Old 05-13-2014, 09:23 PM

Default Coop Quests Still Broken

I still cannot do coop quests with my son.

Both in the same region
Both with similar armies (495 and 480)
Neither have protection on
--- No suitable army message

Tried splitting his army to have a couple armies around 250, still no dice, neither worked.

This is on coop quests
Old 05-15-2014, 07:36 PM

Default ok I feel sheepish

I figured out what was wrong. When I invite someone I did not realize I had to select my army at that point. The error message did not hint that my army was empty