Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Beginner's guide - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-17-2013, 03:50 PM
jakehaddrell jakehaddrell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
jakehaddrell has a default reputation
Default menthorn

hello im stuck on the human quest Sir lentoth-preparations where is the menthorn stronghold ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-21-2014, 08:36 PM
alainsagoose alainsagoose is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
alainsagoose has a default reputation
Smile an honest bit of info for noobs

great guide funnily enough when i first started this game i searched for weeks to find such a guide (yes even on these very forums) and lo i could not find any help,of coursei was fortunate to get a litle bit of help from the 3-4 genuine players i found in game (thanks guys i will allways be grateful!),also at start the tutrioal was really silly and useless ,i figured ok fair enough god challenge work it out for yourself as that seemed to be how Dof was orginally designed,the lore was boring made no sense,it was designed in such a way one would often skip past the actual info you needed ... so now after much trail and error (way more error) i bring you my honest tips and impressions of a loser noob player aka me ,so far thsi game has cost me 3 entire pc's 3 monitors,16 coffee mugs(i don't drink coffe any more),1 gf, all my friends & family(yep i have no life at all),my sanity,my cats(gf took the cats),my dignity,my humanity,and most importantly any sesne of meaning of the word fun anyhow onto the important stuff while this guid above is incredibly insightful and helpful it fails miserably to tell the hoinest truth.. not counting any of the stupid bugs or lag crashes that have been covered boundless times before in other threads.. i talk about the core mehcanics and so called blance behind certain aspects of this game..
ok not once anywhere does it explain if you play humans in the south month region and are stupid enough to pick ecnomic mastery and master builders as traits .. you will effectivley have a useless city and have wasted any time at all you have sepnt on this city.. after reading every single piece of info i could find on the races and the mechanics of this game only now after some 6-7 months of slugging it out against inferior australian internet speeds,lag crashes,countless hackers and exploits and game breaking bugs on top of the fact although the entir etime io was playing hard and using what humans had at their disposal and 0playing fair and doing my best to encourage others and help by donating resources when and where i could.. guess what?? i was still a dead beat nerfhearding no good noob.. why you ask?? because every single pvp match was futile lvl 5 elves appearing on my map postion slaughtering my entir e lvl 20 army(yes dragon included) 5 seconds into match starting(even though the amry strength numbers we're close).. ,another example spawning in povp with an amry entirley of peaants.. (i only have these in worker camps and they are never selected) ,doing pvp in the orc lands with high lvl 20 900 point army(wich took ages to build btw) only to be wiped out by a guy with a cavalry wich is 30 units strong and 20 or so creeper plant monsters..(even though high powered magic units are supposed to be cut down so peope don't spam them) having people attack your castle with 1 wizard 40 minotaurs 2 swords and 3 archers claiming"yeha i will crush you with my human army"... THIS AND ONLY THIS IS HONEST!!! THIS IS WHAT NEW PLAYERS NEED TO KNOW ECONOMIC TRIAST ARE COMPLETLEY USELESS PICK MILITARY EVERY RACE IN FACT DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH HUMANS THEY ARE POINTLESS,SIGE WEAPONS SUCK,UNITS SUCKS EVEN AT MAX TECH THEY ARE WEAK AND SLOW ,DOF IN A NUTSHELL PLAY ORCS OR ELVES PSTART IN TEH ARES THIS GUYS SAYS TO START TO GET MILITARY BONUS.. DON'T WORRY ABOUT ECONMY COS YTOU CAN JUST BURN AND LOOT ALL NOOBS AS THIS IS WHAT THE CORE GAME MEHCANIC IS DESIGNED FOR NO MATCH MAKING FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR HIGH LVL ARMY AND RANDOMLY WANTONALY DESTROY EVERY STUPID NOOB DUMBENUGH TO BE LURED INTO THE FALSE ARMY STRENGTH NUMBER "MATCH MAKING SYSTEM" OH YEAH AND MOST OF ALL IMPORTANTLY HAVE SUPER DUPER FUN YEAH?? !!!!!!!!! NOW BACK TO RESTARTING FOR ANOTHER HOPEFULLY ONLY 2-3 MONTHS NOW GET A DECENT ELF ARMY SO I CNA AT LEATS HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE AND FINALLY"ENJOY THIS GAME" P.S THIS WILL PROBALY BE CENSORED AS DEVS HATE BING HONEST AND ALLWAYS WNANA BAN OR CENSOR PEO0PLE FOR CALLING BULL**** <<-- SEE DID IT FOR YOU
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-21-2014, 09:17 PM
nightovizard nightovizard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Spain
Posts: 73
nightovizard has a default reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainsagoose View Post
great guide funnily enough when i first started this game i searched for weeks to find such a guide (yes even on these very forums) and lo i could not find any help,of coursei was fortunate to get a litle bit of help from the 3-4 genuine players i found in game (thanks guys i will allways be grateful!),also at start the tutrioal was really silly and useless ,i figured ok fair enough god challenge work it out for yourself as that seemed to be how Dof was orginally designed,the lore was boring made no sense,it was designed in such a way one would often skip past the actual info you needed ... so now after much trail and error (way more error) i bring you my honest tips and impressions of a loser noob player aka me ,so far thsi game has cost me 3 entire pc's 3 monitors,16 coffee mugs(i don't drink coffe any more),1 gf, all my friends & family(yep i have no life at all),my sanity,my cats(gf took the cats),my dignity,my humanity,and most importantly any sesne of meaning of the word fun anyhow onto the important stuff while this guid above is incredibly insightful and helpful it fails miserably to tell the hoinest truth.. not counting any of the stupid bugs or lag crashes that have been covered boundless times before in other threads.. i talk about the core mehcanics and so called blance behind certain aspects of this game..
ok not once anywhere does it explain if you play humans in the south month region and are stupid enough to pick ecnomic mastery and master builders as traits .. you will effectivley have a useless city and have wasted any time at all you have sepnt on this city.. after reading every single piece of info i could find on the races and the mechanics of this game only now after some 6-7 months of slugging it out against inferior australian internet speeds,lag crashes,countless hackers and exploits and game breaking bugs on top of the fact although the entir etime io was playing hard and using what humans had at their disposal and 0playing fair and doing my best to encourage others and help by donating resources when and where i could.. guess what?? i was still a dead beat nerfhearding no good noob.. why you ask?? because every single pvp match was futile lvl 5 elves appearing on my map postion slaughtering my entir e lvl 20 army(yes dragon included) 5 seconds into match starting(even though the amry strength numbers we're close).. ,another example spawning in povp with an amry entirley of peaants.. (i only have these in worker camps and they are never selected) ,doing pvp in the orc lands with high lvl 20 900 point army(wich took ages to build btw) only to be wiped out by a guy with a cavalry wich is 30 units strong and 20 or so creeper plant monsters..(even though high powered magic units are supposed to be cut down so peope don't spam them) having people attack your castle with 1 wizard 40 minotaurs 2 swords and 3 archers claiming"yeha i will crush you with my human army"... THIS AND ONLY THIS IS HONEST!!! THIS IS WHAT NEW PLAYERS NEED TO KNOW ECONOMIC TRIAST ARE COMPLETLEY USELESS PICK MILITARY EVERY RACE IN FACT DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH HUMANS THEY ARE POINTLESS,SIGE WEAPONS SUCK,UNITS SUCKS EVEN AT MAX TECH THEY ARE WEAK AND SLOW ,DOF IN A NUTSHELL PLAY ORCS OR ELVES PSTART IN TEH ARES THIS GUYS SAYS TO START TO GET MILITARY BONUS.. DON'T WORRY ABOUT ECONMY COS YTOU CAN JUST BURN AND LOOT ALL NOOBS AS THIS IS WHAT THE CORE GAME MEHCANIC IS DESIGNED FOR NO MATCH MAKING FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR HIGH LVL ARMY AND RANDOMLY WANTONALY DESTROY EVERY STUPID NOOB DUMBENUGH TO BE LURED INTO THE FALSE ARMY STRENGTH NUMBER "MATCH MAKING SYSTEM" OH YEAH AND MOST OF ALL IMPORTANTLY HAVE SUPER DUPER FUN YEAH?? !!!!!!!!! NOW BACK TO RESTARTING FOR ANOTHER HOPEFULLY ONLY 2-3 MONTHS NOW GET A DECENT ELF ARMY SO I CNA AT LEATS HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE AND FINALLY"ENJOY THIS GAME" P.S THIS WILL PROBALY BE CENSORED AS DEVS HATE BING HONEST AND ALLWAYS WNANA BAN OR CENSOR PEO0PLE FOR CALLING BULL**** <<-- SEE DID IT FOR YOU
I don't think the devs would delete/ban constructive criticism, but for doing that, first of all you need to learn how to write properly, otherwise you'll just be trolling and spamming, and therefore be banned regardless of the stuff you are talking about. After doing that, then you are ready to tell your personal opinion about this game, being the ''truth'' or not. I would appreciate if you could re-write your post so it does not hurt my eyes when I try to read it, then after that, you are welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-21-2014, 10:50 PM
nightovizard nightovizard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Spain
Posts: 73
nightovizard has a default reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainsagoose View Post
THIS IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF RESPONSE AND ATTITUDE I WOULD EXPECT YOU BANNED ME COS I DO NOT WRITE LIKE A RHODES SCHOLAR.. BIG DEAL.. STILL PROVES MY POINT.THIS GAME IS RULED BY ELITISM,BULLIES,TROLLS,HACKERS,CHEATS,EXPLOITERS,B IG NOTING,NOOB HATING COWARDS.. WHO IMHO WOULD CRAP THEIR PANTS IF PLACED IN A GENUINE BALANCED MATCH AGAINST A GENUINE RTS PLAYER TROLL COMMENST LIKE "YOUR WRITING HURTS MY EYS" <-- THIS RIGHT THERE NOT HELPFUL.. DELIBERTLY MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE ,FANS,CUSTOMERS,PLAYERS WHO ARE CLEARLY NOT GETTING ANYWHERE NO MATTER HOW MANY RULES THEY STICK TO OR HOW MANY "STRAEGIES" THEY EMPLOY.. THE FACT IS THEIR IS ONLY 1 STRATGEY TO THIS GAME.. OP EVERYTHING MAKE THE SAME TRAD BUILD THAT "WORKS" WICH EVERYONE WHO "WINS" DOES.. HOW IS THIS AT ALL VARIABLE OR INTERESTING OTHER THAN TO CONTINUALLY PUNK GENUINE PLAYERS WHO WISH TO ENJOY "ALL
' TE GAMES ASPECTS OTHER THAN JUST MAKE THE MOST LEET PVP ARMY AND CRUSH EVERYBODY ELSE 24 -7 .. SORRY BUT THE ASTECHTIC THERE IS BORI8NG AND VERY PLAIN.. KIND OF LIKE CONTINUALLY CAMPING IN A FPS .. BANG -YOUR EAD.. BANG YOUR DEAD ETC ETC ET AL..I LOVE THIS GAME(SURE I KNOW MY POSTS WOULD SAY OTHERWISE) BUT I REALLY DO AND JUST THINK TAKING AWAY FROM CERTAIN RACES OR PLAYERS STYLES SOLEY TO "FORCE" PLAYERS TO PLAY 1 WAY AND 1 WAY ONLY OTHERWSIE THEY END UP WITH A REALLY BIG MESS OF A USELESS FANCY LOOKING SIM KINGDOM WICH THEY CAN REALLY DO NOTHING WITH AND PUNY ARMIES THAT ARE UTTERLY DEFENCLESS (AGAIN USELESS) AS THEY ARE UNLUCKY OR "STUPID" ENOUGH AS MOST WOULD CLAL US STRATEGIC PLAYERS) TO PICK THE WRONG TRAITS.. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.. IF THIS GAME IS NOT ABOUT VARIETY AND THINSG TO DO OTHER THAN PVP ALL DAY EVERY DAY (WICH IS GREAT TOO NO DOUBT) WHY ON EARTHJ WASTE UNSUSPECTING PLAYERS TIME AND BRAIN CELLS WITH SUCH USELESS TRAITS AND PROMISES OF ALTERNITVE STUFF TO DO OTHER THAN PVP?? QUESTS ARE COOL SURE AND SO IS PVE .. BUT COME ON LETS FACE FACTS HERE.. THIS REALLY IS TOTALLY GEARED TO PVP AND NOTHING BUT.. THE CITY BUILDING ENDS AT POP 90 (MORE FOR ORCS OR SO I BELIVE?) SURE I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO EMPIRE WARS AND HOPEFULLY MY ROBUST HUMAN CITY WILL COME INTO PLAY HERE AND BE OF SOME KIND OF USE.. AT LEATS TO TRY AND SUPPORT ALLIES OR WHATEVER? BUT I EVEN ADMIT I AM BAD AT THIS GAME.. MY PROBLEM IS I AM STILL "BAD' EVEN AFTER TRYING OUT ALL TACTICS ETC AVILABLE SIMPLY BECAUSE I SUED A GAME FUNCTION I.E (ECO TRAITS) THAT EFFECTIVLEY MAKE MY ARMIES USELESS IN PVP AND SIEGES.. AND I AM CONSTALY MIS MATCHED AGINST LUDICRUOSLY OIVER POWERED OPPOENENTS .. YES USING THE IN GAME PVP SYSTEM.. THIS ISN'T A BUG I AM TALKING ABOUT THIS ACTUAL MECHANICS..I LOVE THE GAME IT IS HIGHLY ADDIDCTIVE BUT IT CRUSHES ME I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET AN EVEN OR EVEN SEMI BALANCED GAME NO MATTER WHAT TACTIC I EMPLOY.. I AM ONY NOW AWARE OF THE HUGE BENEFIT PICKING MILITARY TRIATS BRINGS (ALBIET) SACRFICING GETTING A GOOD SECURE STRNG OLD EARLY) THUS STARTING AN ELF RACE WICH MEANS I WILL NOW BE GEARING PURLEY TOWARD PVP WICH IS FINE FOR THOSE WHO ONLY PLAY LIEK THAT AND WNAT TO DO THAT .. BUT FOR ME AS AN INDIVIDUAL I LIKE TO ENJOY BOTH ASPECTS OF A GAME.. AND I FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE. WETHER IT IS THE FACT AS AN ASSUIE GAMER WE HAVE ABSOLOUTLEY NO GAME SERVERS HERE OR IT IS SIMPLY THE FACT I DON'T OWN AN ALIEN WARE RIG OR OTHER HIGH QAULIY EQUIPMENT?? OR I AM JUST SUCH A BAD GAMER .. I DO NOT KNOW!! I HAVE TRIED SO MANY DIFFRENT THINGS YET THE RESULT IS ALLWAYS THE SAME .. IF ANYONE ELSE HAD TO DEAL WITH ANY NUMBER OF THESE THINSG FOR AN HOUR LET ALONE THERI ENTIRE EXPEREINCE THUS FAR I AM SURE AT LEAST 1 DUDE WOULD UNDERSTAND MY GRIEF AND RAGE.. I REALLY DON'[T LIKE BEING SO ANGRY OR RAGE ABOUT SUCH AN THERWISE KICK ASS GAME.. BUT PEOPLE DELIBERTLY RESPONDING WITH STUPID REMARKS NOT PERTANING TO THE ISSUE AT HAND AND THUS ONLY SERVING TO ANTAGONIZE MYSELF AND THERS IN SUCH A QAUNDRY FURTHER IS JUST COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.. I HOPE THAT MY HONEST OPINIONS AND ADVICE CAN SAVE AT LEAST SOME FOLKS DAYS,WEEKS IF NOT CRTAINLY MONTHS OF WASTED TIME CHASING A FRUITLESS GOAL! THANK YOU
I'm just a player, like you. When I say that "YOUR WRITING HURTS MY EYES" is because I find it hard to understand because of the way its written, I'm not trolling. I just asked to express yourself properly as I wanted to exactly understand what you were talking about.

''THE FACT IS THERE IS ONLY 1 STRATEGY IN THIS GAME: OVERPOWERING EVERYTHING .''
You're right about that, the goal is to make your units reach the maximum level, that's the ultimate (and easier) way to win. But this is a MMO, and most MMO's are about leveling up characters/units to make them more powerful and deadlier, so this is an obvious feature. I don't know if you have played total war: shogun 2, but the online gameplay is very similar: you create your own army, and you level it up, the more levels, the stronger your units are, and therefore these will win against weaker units, obviously. But the real key point is how you use your units as I managed to win sometimes against stronger armies.

THIS GAME IS RULED BY ELITISM,BULLIES,TROLLS,HACKERS,CHEATS,EXPLOITERS,B IG NOTING,NOOB HATING COWARDS...
Nothing new, common in almost every game, in fact everybody thinks that the others are trolling: I thought you were trolling, and you thought I was trolling. In addition, when you're unskilled at a game or hate losing, you tend to tell others cheaters, haters, etc... Sometimes you may be right, sometimes not.

' TE GAMES ASPECTS OTHER THAN JUST MAKE THE MOST LEET PVP ARMY AND CRUSH EVERYBODY ELSE 24 -7
they are actually trying to find a way to fix that issue, as I got to agree that PvPs as are right now are not working properly.

About your rage, I understand it, the game still has a lot of bugs, crashes, issues... not so long ago I lost my entire army and I had to start all over again, so I was... more than angry, disappointed. But hopefully, this will get fixed in this next update.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainsagoose View Post
YEAH BANNING MY ONLINE KINGDOM CLEARLY ISN'T ENOUGH.. I CAN'T EVEN PLAY THE SINGLE PLAYER.. SURE I ADMIT TO BEING NASTY AND RAGING AT DUDES IN WORLD CHAT.. WHY? BECAUSE I WAS TREATED TO TE EXACT SAME NONSESNE MYSELF.. OF COURSE NOT ONE THING WAS DONE TO ANYBODY WHO HACKED ME OR OTHER PLAYERS OR TROLLED US OR ABUSED US .. IN FACT IT WAS ENCOURAGED BUT YEH NOTHING GETS MENTIONED ABOUT THE OTHER GUY..! FUNNY THAT I WEAR MY BAN AS A BADGE OF HONOUR COS I STUCK UP FOR MYSELF AND I REALLY DON'T CARE ..AS IT STANDS I HAVEA GAME I CANNOT PLAY AT ITS FULL POTENTIAL ,THE FACT I AM BANNED FROMNPLAYING THE SINGLE PLAYER PORTION SO I CAN AT LEAST PRACTISE IS RATHER BOGUS! ALSO THE FACT THAT THESE PEOPLE WHO I "OFFENDED" SO MUCH DELIBERTLY CHOSE TO BE OFFENDED AND ENCOURAGED MY RAGE BY RESPONDING IN KIND OR ANTAGONZING ME IN THE FIRST PLACE PROVES IT IS A 1 WAY STREET THEY REFUSED TO USE THE FILTER THEY REFUSED TO SIMPLY IGNORE ME.. SO CAL ME STUPID AND A BAD SPORT ALL YOU LIKE .. AS I HAVE PRIVEIOULSY STATED I HAVE NO QAULMS LOSING IN A FAIR FIGHT BUT WHEN I ENTER A PVP MATCH THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE EVENLY MATCHED ONLY TO HAVE THE OPPONENTS ARMY ON MY POSTION DESTROYING ME BEFORE 1 MINUTE HAS PASSED BEFORE I EVEN GET A CHANC TO GROUP OR MOVE ONE UNIT IS UTTERLY PREPOSTEROUS! AND TO HAVE EVERYBODY CONCERNRED ACCUSE ME OF BAD PLAYING AND POOR SPORTSMANSHIP AGINST SUCH ODDS AND TO CLAIM THIS GUY IS SKILLED ? EVEN WORSE.. JUST ONCE I WANNA BATTLE A DUDE ON EVEN GROUND THEN SEE WHATS UP.. BUT HEY THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN WILL IT? ALL NORTH AMERICAN AND CANUCK PLAYERS HAVE A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE ON ANYONE ELSE OUTSIDE THE GAMES LOCAL SERVERS AND IT IS A FACT THEY MOVE FASTER,BUILD FASTER,HEAL FASTER AND WORST OF ALL LOAD INTO MAPS FASTER.. HERE IS NO DAMN BALANCE AT ALL THERE IS ZERO TO COMPENSATE FOR THIS I AM NOT RACIST NOR AM I AN ******* IN R/L I JUST GET BURNT UP BY THESE FACTS ALTHOUGH I AM PLAYING FAIR AND AS STRATGEIC AS I POSSIBLY CAN IN SUCH A TINY TIME FRAME I AM STILL WIPED EVERY TIME NO MATTER WHAT EVEN BEFORE I RAGED AND I SIPLY ASKED QUESTIONS AS TO HOW/WHY WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ETC I STILL GET BANNED.. WHY? COS THEY DON'T WANT PEOPLE MAKING THEIR GAME LOOK BAD THATS WHY.. IF IT IS THAT MUCH OF A CONTEROVERSY WHY EVEN MAKE THE GAME AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE ABSOLOUTLEY NO HCANCE OF BEING ABLE TO PLAY A FAIR GAME DUE TO CRAPPY PING/SERVER TIME? FOR REAL DUDE IF IT IS SOME KIND OF SICK JOKE.. IT ISN'T FUNNY ANY MORE ! I HOPE PEOPLE READ THIS AND SEE I AM BEING LEGIT I WANT THIS GAME TO SCUEED IN EVERY WAY BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT IS FOR ALL PLAYERS WORLD WIDE TO GET AN EVEN SLICE OF THE OPIE AND BE ABLE TO KICK ASS AND HAVE A GOOD RUN.. WIN LOSE OR DRAW! IF THAT MAKES ME TE ANTI-CHRIST SO BE IT! CALL ME MR ANTI CHRIST! - I BID YOU GOOD DAY SIR!
Let me tell you that Law, is not always fair for everyone, this is a world wide truth. then if you were banned for no apparent reason, I could understand your rage, but you have admitted that you have done something wrong, and every action has a consequence.

THE FACT THAT THESE PEOPLE WHO I "OFFENDED" SO MUCH DELIBERTLY CHOSE TO BE OFFENDED AND ENCOURAGED MY RAGE BY RESPONDING IN KIND OR ANTAGONZING ME IN THE FIRST PLACE PROVES IT IS A 1 WAY STREET THEY REFUSED TO USE THE FILTER THEY REFUSED TO SIMPLY IGNORE ME..
But you refused to ignore them first, which would have been an option. right now you are thinking that everyone else has the fault, when all this are consequences of your actions.

THE FACT I AM BANNED FROMNPLAYING THE SINGLE PLAYER PORTION SO I CAN AT LEAST PRACTISE IS RATHER BOGUS!
I have to agree with that, you shouldn't have been banned from singleplayer.

I SIPLY ASKED QUESTIONS AS TO HOW/WHY WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ETC I STILL GET BANNED.. WHY? COS THEY DON'T WANT PEOPLE MAKING THEIR GAME LOOK BAD THATS WHY
If you had that many problems, why didn't you come to the forums before?

I HOPE PEOPLE READ THIS AND SEE I AM BEING LEGIT I WANT THIS GAME TO SCUEED IN EVERY WAY BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT IS FOR ALL PLAYERS WORLD WIDE TO GET AN EVEN SLICE OF THE OPIE AND BE ABLE TO KICK ASS AND HAVE A GOOD RUN.. WIN LOSE OR DRAW!
Well it has been hard but yes I have read it all, If you wanted people to read your post, you could have written it in a way that is easier to read. I support your intentions, but not the means that you are using, unfortunately this is not constructive criticism at all.

so start a new thread here:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Expose the problems the game has, and try to make suggestions and find solutions to it, if not, as you said before:
Posts from above <-- THIS RIGHT THERE NOT HELPFUL

Last edited by nightovizard : 03-21-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-21-2014, 11:25 PM
alainsagoose alainsagoose is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
alainsagoose has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightovizard View Post
I'm just a player, like you. When I say that "YOUR WRITING HURTS MY EYES" is because I find it hard to understand because of the way its written, I'm not trolling. I just asked to express yourself properly as I wanted to exactly understand what you were talking about.

''THE FACT IS THERE IS ONLY 1 STRATEGY IN THIS GAME: OVERPOWERING EVERYTHING .''
You're right about that, the goal is to make your units reach the maximum level, that's the ultimate (and easier) way to win. But this is a MMO, and most MMO's are about leveling up characters/units to make them more powerful and deadlier, so this is an obvious feature. I don't know if you have played total war: shogun 2, but the online gameplay is very similar: you create your own army, and you level it up, the more levels, the stronger your units are, and therefore these will win against weaker units, obviously. But the real key point is how you use your units as I managed to win sometimes against stronger armies.

THIS GAME IS RULED BY ELITISM,BULLIES,TROLLS,HACKERS,CHEATS,EXPLOITERS,B IG NOTING,NOOB HATING COWARDS...
Nothing new, common in almost every game, in fact everybody thinks that the others are trolling: I thought you were trolling, and you thought I was trolling. In addition, when you're unskilled at a game or hate losing, you tend to tell others cheaters, haters, etc... Sometimes you may be right, sometimes not.

' TE GAMES ASPECTS OTHER THAN JUST MAKE THE MOST LEET PVP ARMY AND CRUSH EVERYBODY ELSE 24 -7
they are actually trying to find a way to fix that issue, as I got to agree that PvPs as are right now are not working properly.

About your rage, I understand it, the game still has a lot of bugs, crashes, issues... not so long ago I lost my entire army and I had to start all over again, so I was... more than angry, disappointed. But hopefully, this will get fixed in this next update.

Thank you.



Let me tell you that Law, is not always fair for everyone, this is a world wide truth. then if you were banned for no apparent reason, I could understand your rage, but you have admitted that you have done something wrong, and every action has a consequence.

THE FACT THAT THESE PEOPLE WHO I "OFFENDED" SO MUCH DELIBERTLY CHOSE TO BE OFFENDED AND ENCOURAGED MY RAGE BY RESPONDING IN KIND OR ANTAGONZING ME IN THE FIRST PLACE PROVES IT IS A 1 WAY STREET THEY REFUSED TO USE THE FILTER THEY REFUSED TO SIMPLY IGNORE ME..
But you refused to ignore them first, which would have been an option. right now you are thinking that everyone else has the fault, when all this are consequences of your actions.

THE FACT I AM BANNED FROMNPLAYING THE SINGLE PLAYER PORTION SO I CAN AT LEAST PRACTISE IS RATHER BOGUS!
I have to agree with that, you shouldn't have been banned from singleplayer.

I SIPLY ASKED QUESTIONS AS TO HOW/WHY WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ETC I STILL GET BANNED.. WHY? COS THEY DON'T WANT PEOPLE MAKING THEIR GAME LOOK BAD THATS WHY
If you had that many problems, why didn't you come to the forums before?

I HOPE PEOPLE READ THIS AND SEE I AM BEING LEGIT I WANT THIS GAME TO SCUEED IN EVERY WAY BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT IS FOR ALL PLAYERS WORLD WIDE TO GET AN EVEN SLICE OF THE OPIE AND BE ABLE TO KICK ASS AND HAVE A GOOD RUN.. WIN LOSE OR DRAW!
Well it has been hard but yes I have read it all, If you wanted people to read your post, you could have written it in a way that is easier to read. I support your intentions, but not the means that you are using, unfortunately this is not constructive criticism at all.

so start a new thread here:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Expose the problems the game has, and try to make suggestions and find solutions to it, if not, as you said before:
Posts from above <-- THIS RIGHT THERE NOT HELPFUL
you understand.. yeah right.. cos i absoloutley no clue that levling is required.. you seme to miss my point i can't level anything every time i get even close i die (hecne i can't pvp) i researeched every tech available i maxed everything i could used every stratgey available wich again is only 1.. playing properly startgetigcaly (using trebs etc for seiges and having a high point troops etc and max archers ) dosent work.. this is why i rage everything that in theroy is supposed to work dose not.. it makes me really mad i cannot get simple basic functionality from the units my race is provided i don't want to have to travle all the way across teh wolrd map just to build a semi functional army from buying units that are not already availabel to my chosen race sure i actually have to to even get some kind of sembalcne of a game wich i now know to be true but it sucks badly! how everybody can just sit round and go ah well even though they lead you to belive one ting is possible (like any other basic rts set up) yet you find out after months of being decived that you have been watsing your time ) i dunno how people cna think thats awesome i just don't understand it at all and it makes no sesne that you on one hand claim you cannot understand me.. yes i admit i typed that quick and i was prettyu mad and yes i make heaps of typos and spelling mistakes.. but on the other hand you we're quite adept at being ab,e to respond and point out all my flaws and communicate to my message fine.. sorry to me that is delibertae trolling and antagonostic behaviour but hey you like most elitists don't ever wnat to admit you are at fault right? i get it makes you fell betterto see someone down and kick them further down .. good for you dude! i just want what i paid for it isn't about m9one the ppirce is very small and exceptonally reasonable for such a great game i just disagree with everybody who accepts such a broekn game and swears blind people who have major problems are siply crap plkayers i can admit my faults i just have trouble dealing with the fact no mater how many days prac i put in the results are allways the same acrhers that won't clear towrs ,trops that die within seconds ,resreching tactics ,amrous ,weapons that make absoloutley no difference whatsoever.. upgrades that are basiclaly cosmetic and have no function other than to make the player feel like they actually achived something when in actal fact theri amry is as weak and useless as it was when it was lvl 1.. this is what grinds my gears man every time i had a win in pvp you know why
? cos myself and my opponent played legit and fair and battled to the bloody last we didn't rsh and wipe each other with ridiculous o/p magic units or spells etc it was all done with racial app0licable units and tried and ture tactical rts warfare fair and sqaure every time i lost was either a lag crash a stupid bug or a horridly mis matched opponent who knew what was up and magically spwaned theri amry on my map position within seconds of battle starting and i am not lying its a fact the fewtimes i lost to a decent genuine player and i notcied where i screwed uop i lost fair and sqaure i congratulated tem and complimented theri tactics and efforts and befirended them and learnt from them the only time i have raged is against l8iberty taking cheap shotting explit using douchebags plkain and simple sure i lose my **** but as you say"it is all part and parcel" so why i am singled out for raging when it is obvious why i rage andwanna stand u aginst such unscrupilos playing and dodgy tactics ,trolling etc" is really beyond me worse everyone seems to suppor this kind of playing i just don't see where the skill or challenge come sinto it to be honest but yeah best of luck to those players life will get very boring sooner or later when they realisenobody will bother challenging them cos they know there is no point being the best ats something is all fine and well but rather pointless if you have nobody to play with or challenge you,p.s i understand how hard an mmorts is to implment belive me i have been waiting eyars ofr ths kind of game i also know how hard it is for indy developers and i try i really do try not to give them a hard time but it really dosent help when they sit idly by and ban people liek me for speaking out about game breaking explots or shoddy unscrupulous players yet they continue ti support such game breaking stuff <-- this is why we rage nothing more or less otherwise ful support!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-21-2014, 11:26 PM
alainsagoose alainsagoose is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
alainsagoose has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainsagoose View Post
you understand.. yeah right.. cos i absoloutley no clue that levling is required.. you seme to miss my point i can't level anything every time i get even close i die (hecne i can't pvp) i researeched every tech available i maxed everything i could used every stratgey available wich again is only 1.. playing properly startgetigcaly (using trebs etc for seiges and having a high point troops etc and max archers ) dosent work.. this is why i rage everything that in theroy is supposed to work dose not.. it makes me really mad i cannot get simple basic functionality from the units my race is provided i don't want to have to travle all the way across teh wolrd map just to build a semi functional army from buying units that are not already availabel to my chosen race sure i actually have to to even get some kind of sembalcne of a game wich i now know to be true but it sucks badly! how everybody can just sit round and go ah well even though they lead you to belive one ting is possible (like any other basic rts set up) yet you find out after months of being decived that you have been watsing your time ) i dunno how people cna think thats awesome i just don't understand it at all and it makes no sesne that you on one hand claim you cannot understand me.. yes i admit i typed that quick and i was prettyu mad and yes i make heaps of typos and spelling mistakes.. but on the other hand you we're quite adept at being ab,e to respond and point out all my flaws and communicate to my message fine.. sorry to me that is delibertae trolling and antagonostic behaviour but hey you like most elitists don't ever wnat to admit you are at fault right? i get it makes you fell betterto see someone down and kick them further down .. good for you dude! i just want what i paid for it isn't about m9one the ppirce is very small and exceptonally reasonable for such a great game i just disagree with everybody who accepts such a broekn game and swears blind people who have major problems are siply crap plkayers i can admit my faults i just have trouble dealing with the fact no mater how many days prac i put in the results are allways the same acrhers that won't clear towrs ,trops that die within seconds ,resreching tactics ,amrous ,weapons that make absoloutley no difference whatsoever.. upgrades that are basiclaly cosmetic and have no function other than to make the player feel like they actually achived something when in actal fact theri amry is as weak and useless as it was when it was lvl 1.. this is what grinds my gears man every time i had a win in pvp you know why
? cos myself and my opponent played legit and fair and battled to the bloody last we didn't rsh and wipe each other with ridiculous o/p magic units or spells etc it was all done with racial app0licable units and tried and ture tactical rts warfare fair and sqaure every time i lost was either a lag crash a stupid bug or a horridly mis matched opponent who knew what was up and magically spwaned theri amry on my map position within seconds of battle starting and i am not lying its a fact the fewtimes i lost to a decent genuine player and i notcied where i screwed uop i lost fair and sqaure i congratulated tem and complimented theri tactics and efforts and befirended them and learnt from them the only time i have raged is against l8iberty taking cheap shotting explit using douchebags plkain and simple sure i lose my **** but as you say"it is all part and parcel" so why i am singled out for raging when it is obvious why i rage andwanna stand u aginst such unscrupilos playing and dodgy tactics ,trolling etc" is really beyond me worse everyone seems to suppor this kind of playing i just don't see where the skill or challenge come sinto it to be honest but yeah best of luck to those players life will get very boring sooner or later when they realisenobody will bother challenging them cos they know there is no point being the best ats something is all fine and well but rather pointless if you have nobody to play with or challenge you,p.s i understand how hard an mmorts is to implment belive me i have been waiting eyars ofr ths kind of game i also know how hard it is for indy developers and i try i really do try not to give them a hard time but it really dosent help when they sit idly by and ban people liek me for speaking out about game breaking explots or shoddy unscrupulous players yet they continue ti support such game breaking stuff <-- this is why we rage nothing more or less otherwise ful support!
as far as this being the only gaol.. thats fine my pont basiclaly is this goal is unattainable fr some of us due to gamebreaking crap and until it is seen to they are going to have a lot of really unsatisfied players! anybody who supports this is or disagrees is a complete jerk in book
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-22-2014, 12:39 AM
Svulnar Svulnar is offline
Orc Sect:
Berserker
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 116
Svulnar has a default reputation
Default

There has been many people who have abused the PvP rating system in the past, and there will always be people who will do everything that they can to compete. Some may exploit, some may play cheaply, some may just prey on those weaker than they.

Most, however, do not. The majority of the players who participate in PvP do not hack nor do they cheat or act unfairly. Often when I am pvping against somebody we have a brief conversation as we both setup our forces. In fact, some of the best allies I have come to know was when I fought them and we had a great battle worthy of remembrance. It could have been a trick I hadn't yet known, or an unusual tactic or something as simple as an odd division of their force.

Almost every unit is viable for pvp or pve depending on how you build them which is the real determining factor. All three factions are fully viable but each has a drastically different play style in order to achieve full effectiveness when using them. For some brief examples, Humans strength is in their endurance and ability to go on no matter how many blows may rain down on them. Elves have average power overall but are excellent when their abilities are used at the right moments. Orcs are the extreme where they have both the worst and the best units, in my opinion at least, when not in formation and not using abilities they are all cannon fodder. When they use formations and abilities at the same time however they are truly terrifying, the limiting factor being their stamina.

To every strategy there is an equal and opposite counter, even the wizards who used to be outrageously strong are now decently balanced give or take a spell or two. The key to figuring out which race and which troops fit best with your mind set is excessive exploration and experimentation. Many units that people declare as useless in-fact often have hidden qualities. For example *and I am sure people are getting tired of this example by now* Goblins, when I first started playing last year no one really thought they could do much except die. They were rated barely better than orc laberors, yet they intrigued me so i experimented with them and how they worked. It turns out that they were incredibly strong if combo's with certain factors. For them healing was even a larger force multiplier than for any other unit in the entire game, and they come with an aoe heal. Not to mention their speed for infantry or their innate fire resistance or ability to sneak up on enemies even en mass. I know it may seem like you already know everything there is to know about all of your units but even after having played for a long time I am still learning new things about units that I had written off before.

As for people that have exploitative armies there is not much that can be done other than notify others who may hunt them down such as a friend and I used to do when we heard one was on the prowl. We would simply pm the player who reported it, ask for the name, army str, and what units they used. That was all. Usually within the hour that army was brought low because no one likes it when people pick on others unfairly.

If you require aide simply calm yourself and look around you for those who might be willing to help, at the very least you can pm me or post in this thread if you have need of us.
__________________
"To underestimate a Goblin Horde is to stare into the face of Hell and think it to be heaven." ~ Svulnar, The Goblin King
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-22-2014, 04:42 AM
Hi11Zone's Avatar
Hi11Zone Hi11Zone is offline
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 825
Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Please Please, please. fix your post. I'm not even going to read it like that.
__________________
Official DOF Live Stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/ReverieWorld
My Amazing Steam Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hi11zonesGamingLounge
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Gwydion's Avatar
Gwydion Gwydion is offline
DoF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 144
Gwydion has fair reputation
Default Hello there...

I have... dissected your posts major points that I feel that I can address for you...

First off I'd like to say that I have played every race for quite a long time... and while yes some units are indeed strong.... each race has a counter to each problem. True, sometimes you do have to get a bit creative to counter some of the stuff people come up with... but thats the beauty of an MMORTS.

Secondly I'm going to combine the "leveling up units and I keep getting stomped in pvp so i can't get strong!". In regards to pvp if you find yourself constantly losing... take a break from it. You don't have to pvp and you can easily get enough crowns from questing to keep a pvp shield up INDEFINITELY while leveling up your units in the view mode, quests, or in regular city sieges on npcs. Since it seems you have been losing over and over for quite some time you probably have some serious recovery to do. Then when you actually start pvping again do not take all your units into one big army and search for pvp and put all your eggs in one basket... take a couple of low level crappy units and make a different army with them and just search... that way win or lose .. there is no real consequence.... do that until you start getting some wins and get some experience, then you can go for medium seized fights and onto the armageddon matches. You can definately level units up without pvp... its how many of us started so it is possible no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-22-2014, 05:16 PM
rocketfury28 rocketfury28 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9
rocketfury28 has a default reputation
Default

does having a unit like the treant, ogre or horsecart give you extra resource cap?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 AM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Kingdom Wars and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.