Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

sending soldiers - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 08:35 AM
DoF Moderator
Sorcerer

gorgos96 has a default reputation
Default sending soldiers

in alliances there should be an option to send soldiers to allies i think this would be great
Old 02-06-2014, 12:53 PM

magnet468 has a default reputation

Yeah that sounds cool
Old 02-07-2014, 08:17 PM

Multislayer has a default reputation

great idea gorgos.

why this would be an excellent idea:
1. creates more alliance team play
2. All races would be able to trade their units for others for more variety

but I think they'd have to be roughly at the players level example as follows:

A new player to the game could not be traded a lvl 20 infantry unit.

What could be implemented I think is:

you can trade units of the same level Example:

level 20 swordsmen for level berserkers
level 5 rangers for level 5 crossbowmen

etc you get the jist of things
Old 02-07-2014, 08:29 PM
DoF Moderator
Sorcerer

gorgos96 has a default reputation

Yeah sounds good and exactly this would make alliances way more valuable
Old 02-07-2014, 09:23 PM

Multislayer has a default reputation

yes implementing this and something around the lines of, Guild upgrades examples of ideas:

Spending guild crowns for certain efficiency upgrades: All guild members increase attk dmg, crush dmg, slash dmg, more health etc etc

small bonus world map speed upgrade for all members

faster resource gathering for all resources or separate ones gold stone etc

ability to open a alliance bank for depositories of resources that can be allocated from your dedicated treasurer. The more crowns invested into this bank the more capacity this bank would hold.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:47 PM

Goddessa has a default reputation
Default Defending Alliance Members!!!

I am aware that this is an MMORTS but going along these lines in both types of games MMO and RTS the Alliance members are able to defend each other. I know this is simplified by not being attacked when your offline but as in the AI Castles have enemy reinforcements that come in after a period of time wouldn't it be feasible to allow for alliance members that are online. It would definitely make it more interesting to be in an alliance.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Great idea indeed. But can you guys provide some feedback - on how you see this feature working. I mean we can relatively easy make transferring units from your Market - Bank, into another users Bank. So it won`t necessary be an alliance only feature.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:53 PM

nightovizard has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Great idea indeed. But can you guys provide some feedback - on how you see this feature working. I mean we can relatively easy make transferring units from your Market - Bank, into another users Bank. So it won`t necessary be an alliance only feature.
1 thing is transferring your units to another player, the bank should do the work in this case, maybe there could be some market between players both for resources and units, so players can gift or exchange them.

The other option is a guild member aiding and helping another guild member (maybe friend list too) the player would send his army to help the other player, but he still would keep the control over his army, so the battle would turn to be coop.

More nice features and additions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightovizard View Post
Well first of all this multiplayer features:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8897

And try to fix everything from what you've already done which is great

Then about dwarves and other races:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8895
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...7008#post87008

hotkeys for some abilities and actions/selections, so you can respond faster to a threat.

A way to know the actual maximum range for long range units (when selected, a circle could appear)

kickstarter could be a great source to get funded and make advertisment of the game

I would like to be bale to place walls and buildings wherever i want, but that still seems not posible yet, so well maybe something related with the scenario editor could be done here (Multiplayer matches on custom maps?)

Sending resources and units to other players.

I would like to see some kind of necromancer unit that summons the dead units of a battlefield (maybe undead could be an entyre new faction)

A way to program a ''stop producing food when it reaches X, and wood when it reaches x. so the rest of the total amount of resources you will have are either gold or stone.

keep the game progressive and appealing. Never stop making new content, this is part of the MMO genre.

It is a persistent world, but it presently feels like you have no real impact on it outside of your own city. Players actions hould have consequences in the world.

the guild leader to be able to build a guild city. Now this guild city can be used to combat other guild cities of different guilds, they can attack your guild city too. Every battle you win would earn you x amount + 10% of the opponents guild wealth. up to 4 vs 4 player battles.

make the world map bigger, with more strongholds and castles. With the new expansion, this probably would be widely welcomed. Also you could place a new continent at the other side of the great sea, along with yet to be released naval and sea battles.

Changes on the unit interface, for example I would like to be able to select all my units on the battlefield, because the number of units I can select at the same time is limited. Also I would like to see where my units are going to be positioned when I keep pressing right click and I select the direction they should face (similar to total war).
Old 03-18-2014, 12:46 PM

Goddessa has a default reputation
Default Defending Alliance Members!!!

Actually it should be easy to apply this to the alliance as only the alliance members that are on line could help anyway (same as an alliance member or friend can send res to you while your being attacked) you should be able to implement the option of sending troops to an alliance member or (friend).

Enemy reinforcements usually don't attack until you've been in the siege for what 19 minutes or so. It would still be that same time period for your alliance member/friend to come to your aid. It could still be on the same toggle method you mentioned in the other article. You could designate an army for PVP and or Defense of Alliance member/friend.
This way the re-enforcer would come in at that 19 minute period (as from anywhere on the map 19 minutes will give them enough time to get to any destination). It will pop up on the screen just like in the AI seiges. And making them controllable would be like making a co-op on an AI siege.

This would up the ante on actually attacking someones city and the attacker would have to be really on the ball attacking because same as AI enemy reinforcements are (if the attacker has already won the battle then the re-enforcements would become neutral).
Old 03-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the feedback - I see what you mean now. Hm...the only way this could be implemented - is if we would spawn AI controlled Cavalry force - that would depend on the members of Alliance currently online. Somewhat similar to what you see when attacking NPC towns - where they get Cavalry reinforcement.

And yeah - sending units between players is a whole other story - it would have to be done through the bank.