Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Road to Empire! Our Biggest Expansion Yet! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 01:55 AM

RedEmpire has a default reputation
Default Will we need to start again?

Just to confirm, we will be able to keep our current towns right?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:25 AM
DoF Moderator

Wilffio has a default reputation

Ofc you will be able to keep your own town :) don't worry

/Wolf
Old 03-15-2014, 05:20 AM

Fennr993 has a default reputation

Whoop Whoop, can't wait for the expansion :). And looking forward to the new orc stronghold design in 4b, keep it up. I might apply as well for the job, but i'll wait till we have more information.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightovizard View Post
So AI armies randomly attack our towns? I think that's not necessary at all since players already attack you. The reason why AI armies attack you in singleplayer is because there are no other players than you.

Despite that I think the devs could sometimes make some kind of events, for example a HUUGE AI army attacks some official game city, and then players can go defend it. I would like to see events in DOF. Maybe related with invasions of the AI.
In between expansions and events some days the amount of players that attack you and you can attack are almost zilch. With the protection so cheap to buy its not hard for one to stay in protection mode forever. Which i think was a huge mistake, after all this was a pvp game to begin with. Adding a little spice and roaming AI armies disrupting your economy would give us more things to do. Quests dry up, maps dont really change, and it gets somewhat boring running the same thing over and over. With a "surprise" once in awhile to liven things up is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Also helps train and gain experience for newer players in these matters ;)
Old 03-16-2014, 03:19 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

After our new expansion, game world will be much more "alive" and "active". :D
Old 03-16-2014, 11:36 PM

Habakuk has a default reputation

And when will all this be availlable then?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 AM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
And when will all this be availlable then?
ETA, possibly first week of April. We wan't to make sure we get all needed testing done and all features working correctly!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Just to confirm, we will be able to keep our current towns right?
Absolutely.

Quote:
Will there be any changes with the crown rewards from sieges
Yes there`ll be - in this expansion when you siege large town and win, you`ll have an option to Loot the town - which will give you gold and crown reward, or to capture the town - in that case you will not get the crowns or loot, but the town will go under your control.

Quote:
And when will all this be available then?
Our best case estimate is first week of April - if we don`t encounter any new bugs with all this content e.t.c. Most likely release date would be around 15th-20th of April. Also we expect to have some bugs and problems during the first week - as expansion of this magnitude can`t be made 100% bug-free with our team`s little resources, so by the last week of April - expansion should be in a good shape:)

Quote:
Adding a little spice and roaming AI armies disrupting your economy would give us more things to do.
With regards to AI attacking your towns - yes this is possible for us to include (not for the homeland, but for the other 30 towns player can have under his control). However - we are getting a lot of player feedback asking us not to - as they are worried they`ll have enough to do with other players attacking their towns. But - this would definitely be something we`ll include at some point - at least to try and see how it works out. You would actually see NPC controlled towns sending armies on the world map - and they would both be able to engage your armies or your towns.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:28 PM

Fennr993 has a default reputation
Default patch 24B

Just release patch 24B first today or tomorrow (7 hours time difference between me and Canada so don't now exactly where you're guys at). I'm dying to see the new orc fortress :)
Old 03-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I`m afraid it`ll take us a whee bit longer:) Best case - Monday next week, but realistically towards end of next week. We are including a very large number of fixes - and basically want to fix every remaining game breaking bug.