Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Bored!!! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2008, 09:11 AM

aVeron has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
The Witcher is a great single player rpg whose level of quality reminds me of the classics like Baldur's Gate, Plansescape: Torment or Fallout though these games are all different. It has an intense Diablo-like (only better and quite a bit different) combat system but at the same time a deep well developed story with multiple storyline branches and great replayability but the best part is that a new edition of it is coming out (in May I think) which will fix up the English and other language versions (the dialogue/translation is often messed up in non-Polish versions) and improve many of the features like the inventory system, some graphic aspects etc. which will make that game all but perfect if we consider perfection as something unreachable. Those who already bought the game will be able to download the new content for free.

Another great thing is that the game is rich in 'mature content'. You can't kill children like in Fallout but it's pretty intense. At the risk of sounding shallow I'll say that the sexual content is especially well done. It's quite graphic and explicit but still tasteful and even "artistic", I'm not sure what the right word would be. It can also influence the story and it isn't compulsory.

Anyway, it's my recommendation.
The witcher is a really good game, just finished the singleplayer rescently, which was amazing.. I doubts about it at start, didnt like the gameplay much, due to that i played assassin creed earlier.. but at the second chapter.. it really gets hold on you!
Great game, great story and great soundtrack, defently should try it!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

ash12181987 has fair reputation

One I'd recommend to anyone, would have to be Arcanum. Don't know where you would get a copy admittedly, but it's the most fun I've had in a single player game, in terms of immersive story line, ever.