Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

[BUG] Co-Op UI lock up - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 02:37 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation
Arrow [BUG] Co-Op UI lock up

Summary: During Co-Op siege the game's user interface (UI) will become unresponsive where you can only select units but not issue commands. Additionally, the left-click hold box square to select multiple units will get stuck in the screen. Possible trigger: Dragon abilities specifically the Royal Dragon.

Repeatable: Yes (Confirmed multiple instances with 3-5 individual players)

Steps: Create an army with a mix of dragons (for testing purposes). During the siege repeatedly or randomly try to use dragon cast abilities such as fireball or firewall. Eventually you will lose your ability to cast spells or move the unit. You will be able to select any other unit through the UI icons in the upper left only. They also will not be able to cast abilities or move. Also, when you try and multi select units the square box will be stuck in the screen. You will be able to redraw this selection box in different sizes on the screen yet it will not let you select any units. If you try and change your view with center mouse button inside this box nothing will happen. If you try and change your view outside this box it will let you. The UI bug will reset when the co-op siege is complete and you go back to the world map.

Additional information: One report said he had the same bug with an army in the world map by trying to hold down the right mouse button to multi select units. Please see attached photo for example of bug in co-op siege.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

AWESOME THANK YOU!

Too bad no lags, but we can reproduce.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Tryed for over 1h with 2 computer with 14 dragons and 9 cannons spamming fireball,fly, firewall, area shoot, tryng to stop them while cast and many other things, didnt manage to reproduce it.

if you get always the bug or you know exactly how to reproduce it plz upload the file somewhere and send the link of the logfile to konstantin or me thue pm

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by vicious666 : 02-11-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:52 PM
DoF Moderator
Shaman

ReCoder has a default reputation

It's rare, it's only happened to me twice, but Langor is right on how to reproduce it.

Signature made by yours truly but inspired by the art of Aametherar the orc. Taking requests for sigs, PM me.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
Old 02-13-2014, 02:40 AM

DirtMcGirt has a default reputation
Default same thing happened to me last time I was logged in a few hours ago

Same thing happened to me a few hours ago, I was in a co-op and it happened after I clicked the fireball button on a dragon the game lagged. (It was the last time I was logged in). I went ahead and did the payoff because the enemy archers was hitting my units and I couldn't move them. After the pay off I went to my home city and when I selected a unit there the unit icon on the bottom left wasn't visible so I couldn't "task, lvl, or use skills" of that unit. I havn't logged back in yet so I'm attaching my last 5 logs to help swat this bug.

Also I'm using the web client not steam.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (1.18 MB, 2 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (162.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt Log3.txt (1.45 MB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log4.txt (1.87 MB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log5.txt (107.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-13-2014, 02:53 AM

DirtMcGirt has a default reputation
Default more info

I have some more info I left out. After I clicked the fireball from the dragon the round icon to place the fireball appeared but I was not able to place it (even if I selected another unit by clicking unit icons on the top left or using the number keys to select groups it stayed), and it did not go away tell I hit esc key. I clicked to go back into the game hoping that fixed it. The circle was gone but I was still not able to give commands. I also tried the drag to select and the giant square I was selecting stayed in place on the screen tell I did the pay off.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the report! This does help, and I can confirm we`ll have this fixed in patch 24 next week.