Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Resources Disappearing - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 12:59 PM

Jacques has a default reputation

Additional log after I lost all my resources... (for the 8-10th time or so)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (118.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for all your logs. We know about this rare bug, and were creating another fix next patch. Re installing the client or trying our website client can fix these issues in the mean time.

You can download the client at our download page here:
http://dof.reverieworld.com/download.php

We will get this completely fixed as soon as we can.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:05 AM

sklenda89 has a default reputation

i have same prob too so i reinstal game
Old 02-03-2014, 06:56 AM

Isn't this supposed to be a persistent world MMO? It functions when I'm not online. How could my client which is nothing more than a door have anything to do with data loss?

EDIT: You can see Konstantin did say "Downloading the new client won`t help here." in the first page.

Last edited by Jacques : 02-03-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:04 AM
DoF Moderator
Shaman

ReCoder has a default reputation

It's a client-side scripting error

Signature made by yours truly but inspired by the art of Aametherar the orc. Taking requests for sigs, PM me.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM

Ghandi92111 has a default reputation
Default Mines not regenerating

For 3 days now my town hasn't ad working mines, or food to gather. Mines start about 3oo/5000 when I log in, and quickly go to zero, and that is that. Someone said they are supposed to regenerate. On a side note, I've had 50/50 crowns turned in for about 3 days as well... Maybe make the sun go down and come back up over my kingdom please?
Old 02-03-2014, 06:13 PM

I went to your websites downloads, what are you even using to provide those downloads? I haven't had a 1 hour download on a file below 6GB since the days before fibre optics.

I'd just like to be linked or have someone explain how DoF qualifies as an MMO?

To me it seems to be an average game with multilayer options, it has bugs such as losing in game data which you then blame on a client/launcher, yet I have never played any MMO that has had such issues, since they store your data for you and clearly have adequate backups.

Even FPS games that have single player options with vast multilayer capability provide some sort of reliable data store. If you grind rank on a halo game, or prestige on a call of duty game, you can't simply log in the next day and see the game has suddenly stolen your progression.

EDIT: I really think someone needs to start providing more explanation in regards to these issues. I'm not sure how often people here have bothered to read patch notes and posts by community managers regarding issues that are causing a great deal of dissatisfaction, but I strongly recommend some of you do.

If there are any crippling or annoying issues that are ongoing, there will usually be some sort of post in order to update the community and assure them what steps are being taken in order to resolve them. Then later within the patch notes provided, errors and bugs that are of a more technical nature usually have a brief but precise description as to the resolution and sometimes cause of the issue.

This usually proves preferable to leaving cryptic responses and simply leaving those who are not highly versed in computer game programming in the dark.

An example would be this (there's huge updates on games like this, I realise)

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...d.php?t=472511

"Improvements made to Patcher to alleviate issues with corrupted file pack error" - Note how the issue is specified in terms one can understand.

Last edited by Jacques : 02-03-2014 at 06:31 PM.