Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Patch # 23 - The Big One - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

@RealSuperSand
I copied the new city into your slot 2 account, 1000 wealth, haunter dragon, new buildings are building, and check your shop bank, tons of resources for everything, 100k gold, ur set u can retrain everything as it was.

You can manually remove your old city in slot 1 when ever you wish

I'm sorry this happened, its extremely rare glitch that only seems to happen to some people rarely.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 01-28-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:55 AM

forandever has a default reputation
Default Still too powerful - Mages

I just met 4 or 6 mages on PvP

2or 3 Mages' Lightning storm spell melt down 2* lv 60 Royal Dragons(MAX HP=90,000) within a few seconds

I think Devs havent considered How MUCH Powerful when the same mages use same spell simultaneously.

Mages can reach lv 100.. and even this nuff patch.. still too strong when the same mages gather and use same spell.

And one more.. as the cost of elite units(including lv up cost) becomes too cheap these days,

normal units have little chance to stand..

- From Sincere Old User

Last edited by forandever : 01-29-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Good point forandever I'm adding that to my list to make some aoe spells to never overlap so if they try it it will either ignore the second or more spells of the same type. Good way to fight lightning would be using spread out/loose formation and keep those units near your elite units, oh and RUN get out of its area of effect.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Good point. And looks like we still have to nurf some spells a bit more. Something we`ll be including in the next patch.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:31 PM

DIRTYDOODLE has a default reputation

someone attacked me and i beat him in PvP WITH FIGHTING and neither of us got crowns.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:38 AM

forandever has a default reputation
Default Cant get out of Storm - Storm follows the target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Good point forandever I'm adding that to my list to make some aoe spells to never overlap so if they try it it will either ignore the second or more spells of the same type. Good way to fight lightning would be using spread out/loose formation and keep those units near your elite units, oh and RUN get out of its area of effect.
I tried the get out of the Lightning Storm Area.. But It was Useless.

Lightning Storm effects followed the targeted unit- My 2*lv60 royal dragon had no way to escape the area or effect of lightning storm.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:12 PM

nocroman has a default reputation
Default Unadressed issues

Today I am unhappy to announce that the big patch did not address the issues of game lag especially in the human game. Slow loading, lag when just watching villagers or armies moving in vilage, super slow when marching across map to do a quest, consistant crashes and lockups before, during and after battles.

The only other game I have ever experience this on was one by Silverload which was solved by them using a different game engine.

This is a good game IF it worked properly! Figure lurching across the screen does NOT make for a fun game.

I would think that if Reverie World Studios wants Steam to stop selling their game for $4.95, then they need to make the game run well on Windows XP Pro through Windows 8.

I would suggest a much bettter game engine to start with. The one currently used by the program is NOT efficient enough when using a CPU or High end video card that processes faster that the game engine can supply the data.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:31 PM

nocroman has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post

Today we are happy to announce to releases of the first major patch since we officially launched Arcana expansion last week. With thousands of players online enjoying the game, and helping the development team on the forums we were able to discover some previous unknown bugs, as well as track down some issues we had in-game for a while. Tonight`s patch fixes bigger half of the current problems you`ve reported while playing the game this past week.

And while this patch might be quite large and an important milestone - unfortunately it doesn`t include fixes some issues like multiplayer lag or multiplayer sync problems - we hope to address in the coming week though in the patch 24.

Also please keep in mind - this patch will require us to take the game server offline for a few minutes. And in addition all of you would need to get this update in order to play the game. In some cases this will require restarting Steam couple of times.

Patch # 23

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Greatly lowered cost of PvP protection in the Market - making game more PvE oriented
-Pathfinding improvements allowing units to better scale walls
-Pathfinding fix for Elven Swamp, Human Alpine homelands
-Pathfinding fix to tasking units over long distances sometimes not working
-Pathfinding fix to lag spike when changing unit`s formation
-Pathfinding performance speed improved in certain situations
-Wizards health regen and base health greatly reduced, Wizards must be protected by other unit now
-Fixed major bug with towns losing large quantities of resources on relog
-Fixed Wizard Hunt Orc quest - broken cinematic - player can now complete the quest
-Disable Gathering Rates on the Resources Bar

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Online Kingdom account creation now shows Remember Login and Auto Login options
-Garviolas now will burn for a maximum of 1 minute
-Fix for Human Large Gatehouse positioning gates at a wrong location
-Fix for some homelands that are missing wall segments
-Exploration mode performance improved, reduced lag spike on AI patrol movement
-Quest homeland AI now have stone and will use Trebuchets e.t.c
-Army vs Town PvP now shows enemy spawn location on the minimap
-In PvP there will be no crown reward for victory or defeat unless fighting takes place
-Several units with reduced collision can pass through gates and bridges now - units like Hydra
-Fixed issue with men towns having Lentoth placed on top of Fred by the tonwhall
-Single units like Wizards can now properly capture towns
-Fixed Siege Tutorial issues with siege towers not letting units through
-Fixed bug removing lootable corpses during Elven start-up quests
-Fixed lag spike with Female Warden looting
-Improved Looting behavior for workers - faster with better performance
-Removed open limits button from armies to avoid exploits
-Fixed visual glitch with 24 labourers coming out of the building for a 10 laborer battalions
-Fixed art on the Elven Wizard Tower and Guilde Hall buildings

:::::Balance Adjustments:::::
-Lightning Storm spell effects greatly reduced
-Dragon Slayer bonus VS Dragons increased by 100%
-Healing locations not longer heal units in combat
-Healing locations healing speed decreased
-Human start-up quest - Orc Camp - made much easier - no Ogres
-Ranged Siege Weapons fire much faster, making them more effective
-Human Siege unit Dragon's Breath damage reduced 2X
-Lowered the cost of Mantlet, Hydra and Army Slot in the Market
-Greatly reduced Ogre stats - unit was OP
-New town starting Crowns increased to 24
-King of the World Achievement requires player to conquer all of the 28 NPC towns
And yet they have forgotten that over 10 million computer owners and gamers refused to upgrade beyond Windows XP, as vista was crap, Windows 7 was junk, and windows 8 was something even businesses refused to upgrade to. So why was this game NOT written to include Windows XP o/s users?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:19 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocroman View Post
I would think that if Reverie World Studios wants Steam to stop selling their game for $4.95, then they need to make the game run well on Windows XP Pro through Windows 8.
Steam sells the game for $4.95 after Reverie Worlds asks them to for promotion purposes. This usually only happens after a big patch or expansion comes out to bring in new users. Steam does not choose to sell this game at $4.95 because they think it needs to run better on Windows XP Pro or through Windows 8.

Quote:
And yet they have forgotten that over 10 million computer owners and gamers refused to upgrade beyond Windows XP, as vista was crap, Windows 7 was junk, and windows 8 was something even businesses refused to upgrade to. So why was this game NOT written to include Windows XP o/s users?
I don't know where you got your facts from. But the most accurate information I can obtain for our targeted users (gamers) is from Steam. Steam have over 65 million users and are hitting 7 and a half million users online during peak times. There are more gamers that use steam than don't. So here are the January 2014 system operating statistics from Steam users.

21.31% Windows 8
63.07% Windows 7
6.25% Windows XP
4.3% Windows Vista

So if you do the math there is only 4.062 million users that still use Windows XP out of our intended audience. Not 10 million. But that also leaves us with 57.642 million users that use these operating systems that you dislike that we do support.

But there is just more than that. As technology evolves there are features and functions that are not compatible with WinXP with how the OS was coded. Great example of this is the limitation of ram the OS system can use. (Except the 64 bit professional edition that only 0.29% of steam users use). But there are many other protocols and DX features that this OS does not support. There is quite a big list, and as this ancient OS is not supported anymore it opens vulnerabilities that can be exploited as the code to this OS will not be patched as they are found.

Quote:
I would suggest a much bettter game engine to start with. The one currently used by the program is NOT efficient enough when using a CPU or High end video card that processes faster that the game engine can supply the data.
As I have a high end system with SLI and so do some of my friends who play we are not experiencing these issues. But also falling back to the last paragraph I wrote about the Windows XP not supporting features, there is a DX11 graphical update in the works (TBA). Windows XP does not support DX10 or 11. Another reason why this outdated OS system is not officially supported anymore.

I hope I was able to answer your questions today. I am sorry that you are having issues running the game on Windows XP Professional edition (64bit?). I would suggest you really look into the Windows 7 OS. It is really not that bad of an OS if you have mid level or above computer components. I think everyone should have the chance at playing this great game. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited by Langor : 02-03-2014 at 05:29 PM.