Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Orc Fortress Bug - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 09:40 AM

ItalianStud has a default reputation
Exclamation Orc Fortress Bug

Ok. So i recently built the orc fortress in the desert, and I noticed none of the palisides were removed when it said they would and my gatehouses wont let me upgrade them. Nevertheless
here are some pics.

The tags are in the images

Last edited by ItalianStud : 01-28-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:41 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

The pictures did not post. Try using www.imgur.com. Make sure you use the screenshot link that has the [ img ] [ / img ] in the URL.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 AM

I actually did use imgur.com. Right click view. It works for me.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:07 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStud View Post
I actually did use imgur.com. Right click view. It works for me.
Maybe I am just getting lucky today. Even after a computer reboot it wont load for me. But either way. A Dev should be able to look and give you a reply within 24 hours. See you in game Itialian.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Can`t say the pictures work for me.

I think what you are referring to is how Orc strongholds suppose to look. There is a palisade wall that goes all the way around, and some large wooden walls that only add some towers/walls here and there. We never planed Orcs as a defensive race, however in expert hands Orc strongholds are very useufl since you have all these little pockets and gates in the palisade.

If something is indeed broken, please post some screens. You can actually attach JPG pictures to this post using Attachment Manager button (you`ll see it when you reply).
Old 01-28-2014, 11:13 AM

Hey Konstantine. When I saw NPC towns, their walls looks complete. Mine is mostly paliside with like 2 walls. Its very odd. **Can't see the Attachment Manager, Ugh Im so dumb**
Old 01-28-2014, 11:34 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
Hey Konstantine. When I saw NPC towns, their walls looks complete. Mine is mostly paliside with like 2 walls. Its very odd. **Can't see the Attachment Manager, Ugh Im so dumb**
ItalianStud, try this. Please note screenshot button may vary, but it seems you have that part down already.

Capturing And Converting Screenshots
If you encountered a level design problem or another sort of glitch that is best captured in an image - please take a screenshot of it using F1 key on your keyboard (up to 30 screenshots can be saved in your default DOF directory).
After this you`ll find your screenshot in the default DoF Steam directly: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of Fantasy" in BMP format.
If you are not running the game on Steam, screenshot will be in this folder instead: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy"

Now all you have to do is convert it into JPEG format. You can do it by using default MS Paint Program pre-installed on all versions of Windows, or program like Photoshop, Gimp e.t.c. Just open the screenshot, and choose Save As, and save as JPG or JPEG.

To post your picture - while you are replying or making a new post, you will see a field titled "Attach Files" in the Additional Options box below the text box. Click the "Manage Attachments" button below, and you will now be able to upload a variety of files. Select "Choose File" and select the file you wish to attach, before selecting the "Upload" button to finish the task.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:02 PM

all i see is insert image. My forums is f***ed up.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
all i see is insert image. My forums is f***ed up.
Just out of curiosity did you use insert image when you used the imgur links? Because if you did thats why it is not working. You need to insert the links to where you write.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:26 PM

when I posted the topic, all I saw was insert image, so I pasted the links and they only work for me I guess. Langor. Can I add you on steam? Ill post them on there.