Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Tool tips, tutorials, and other assorted goodies. - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 06:08 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPumpkin View Post
My point is, if you have a level 20 knight vs a equal army strength of swordsmen at level 1, the knight will win, thats the best i can explain myself.

Perhaps i didnt explain my point well enough, or if i did, then its a stupid idea, and you can ignore it xD
A level 20 knight will have a higher strength rating then a level 1 swordsmen. A level 20 should be able to beat a level 1, in 1 vs 1 generally speaking. Unless its a unit that is meant to counter another kind of unit. Then it should have a better chance. But 20 levels is a huge difference.

EDIT:
Quote:
We will just drop this part of the discussion, my mind was thinking of things in incorrect terms.
I think I get what you are saying now BTW.

You mean let say a Swordsman unit is level 1 with a strength of 20 and a level 5 Knight is level 20 with a strength of 20 the knight would always win? This is a never ending balance issue. And remember that some units are designed to have strengths against other units.

Last edited by Langor : 01-27-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Think I figured out what you were saying
Old 01-27-2014, 06:10 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
My thinking was instead of having to take up gold storage for units, buildings etc up in your city for payoffs, you could store the gold in the guild hall, however, either would work, that is just how i would prefer it.
I really like your guild hall idea also. My idea could coincide with yours. Just add a forth option.

Alliance Pay Off: Works as pay off does but comes out of alliance funds.

EDIT: Just remember not everyone is in an alliance or want to be in an alliance. So you got to give non-alliance players the option to pay off also.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:17 PM

TheBlackPumpkin has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langor View Post
A level 20 knight will have a higher strength rating then a level 1 swordsmen. A level 20 should be able to beat a level 1, in 1 vs 1 generally speaking. Unless its a unit that is meant to counter another kind of unit. Then it should have a better chance. But 20 levels is a huge difference.
We will just drop this part of the discussion, my mind was thinking of things in incorrect terms.

As for the Alliance pay off, i agree, that would work well in my opinion

Last edited by TheBlackPumpkin : 01-27-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:09 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
As for the no-risk PvP game mode...this is something we could look at. Hm...perhaps. I do see a good idea here. Taken under consideration, but such battles would have to give no rewards, and we can`t just limit this to friends.
In the capital city of each race create a new option called 'The Arena'. When you enter the capital you can select this option for the game to queue you up against another novice army. Have a beginner quest that takes you there and completes after your first match. Make sure the quest informs you that it is a practice hall to perfect your skills and prepare you for PvP. Also have the quest inform you that you may practice there as much as you want as long as are in the limits of the following restrictions.

The Arena Restrictions
Army must be less than 400 rating.
Army must be 30 units or less.
Army must have at least 10 units. (EDIT Added to prevent possible exploits)
No mages, dragons or elite units can enter accept the users hero.
Hero must be level 20 or below. (For Hero unit to enter, a player can have a higher level hero but the hero cant be in the army)
No resources are awarded for match.
No wins/loss stats will be awarded to users profile. (Other than 1 quest reward)

Last edited by Langor : 01-27-2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Arena restrictions
Old 01-27-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
In the capital city of each race create a new option called 'The Arena'. When you enter the capital you can select this option for the game to queue you up against another novice army. Have a beginner quest that takes you there and completes after your first match. Make sure the quest informs you that it is a practice hall to perfect your skills and prepare you for PvP. Also have the quest inform you that you may practice there as much as you want as long as are in the limits of the following restrictions.

The Arena Restrictions
Army must be less than 400 rating.
Army must be 30 units or less.
No mages, dragons or elite units can enter accept the users hero.
Hero must be level 20 or below. (For Hero unit to enter, a player can have a higher level hero but the hero cant enter)
No resources are awarded for match.
No wins/loss stats will be awarded to users profile. (Other than 1 quest reward)

The only problem i have with this idea is you would not be able to practice with heroes or elites, which are a vital part of most army compositions, even at low strength values
Old 01-27-2014, 08:16 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
The only problem i have with this idea is you would not be able to practice with heroes or elites, which are a vital part of most army compositions, even at low strength values
Heroes are able to go into the battles. If they get above level 20 you can start using them to exploit. A level 60 Hero will have a 50 hp/s regeneration with 80/72/84 resists.

This is a place for new people to practice new armies. Once you get the fundamentals of fighting you will know how to use the elites and which ones you need for your army before you even purchase them. Most common newbie question is which elite should I buy or which dragon should I buy. Then they add them to their army thinking that just because they are an elite they are more powerful than regular units. I knew the strengths and weaknesses to them before I even owned one. Half the fights I have been in I don't use elites. Elites are good for certain roles. The only time elites are OP in your average army is when they are being exploited. Such as a Wizard and three horse carts to fight low strength rating armies and collect the loot.

Last edited by Langor : 01-27-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 PM

I just dont see a point in not allowing elites if you dont gain exp or anything from the practice battles why wouldnt elites be allowed? It just seems rather silly to me, it would be easier and make much more sense to allow any units in the practice battles.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:41 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

The more open it is the more it can be exploited. As you get the economy down the only thing left to do is PvP. You don't fight for resources anymore. In fact the veterans will pay you after the fight for your losses. Decent ones at least.

There are other players out there that are at this point and are bored with the game. So they find it entertaining to set up armies that are not intended to be made and destroy certain people.

A great example was the wizard I said. That guy killed 42 units of a new player before he could even get to the single mage. He created a 1 unit elite army to hunt new players. He was level 100 most likely and the spell he used is getting nerfed with 24 hours. But the more open you make the practice match the more ways people will find to exploit it.

So we want to prevent these type of things from happening. I know it sounds fun playing elite units but they are for specific roles and wont help until a new player understands the basics. And once you have the basics down the learning curve is not hard to understand with these units. So lets keep things less complicated which will actually help new players learn the game faster.

But then again, we all have our opinions. And this is just for discussion. The Devs are the deciding factor on weather there will even be a newbie matchmaking system.

Last edited by Langor : 01-27-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
The more open it is the more it can be exploited. As you get the economy down the only thing left to do is PvP. You don't fight for resources anymore. In fact the veterans will pay you after the fight for your losses. Decent ones at least.

There are other players out there that are at this point and are bored with the game. So they find it entertaining to set up armies that are not intended to be made and destroy certain people.

A great example was the wizard I said. That guy killed 42 units of a new player before he could even get to the single mage. He created a 1 unit elite army to hunt new players. He was level 100 most likely and the spell he used is getting nerfed with 24 hours. But the more open you make the practice match the more ways people will find to exploit it.

So we want to prevent these type of things from happening. I know it sounds fun playing elite units but they are for specific roles and wont help until a new player understands the basics. And once you have the basics down the learning curve is not hard to understand with these units. So lets keep things less complicated which will actually help new players learn the game faster.

But then again, we all have our opinions. And this is just for discussion. The Devs are the deciding factor on weather there will even be a newbie matchmaking system.

But again, I dont see how a newbie matchmaking system, that doesn't allow you to gain or lose anything, could be exploited. Unless it was open matchmaking and some idiot started using a lvl 100 wizard like you said. But that is why my original suggestion was to make it invite only.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:22 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
But again, I dont see how a newbie matchmaking system, that doesn't allow you to gain or lose anything, could be exploited.
When you are end game anything you win or lose doesnt do anything for you either. Some people have the mindset that it is fun to take advantage of people. Im glad you dont understand, its a good thing.

But either way I don't really care if they add elites or not as long as whatever system they put in place actually helps new people and not detour them with people exploiting. I was not knocking your idea's just stating what I would do. Thats what we are here for right? Suggestions

And with the friend system the Dev already stated at the beginning that he wouldnt do that. Unless you can bring something to the table that would change his mind.

But lets get back on track. We can both agree that there should be a noobie practice area that doesnt award anything and you dont lose units. If the Devs decide they have time they can see the suggestions and create what they see fit. Remember, things can always be looked at and balanced later on. Just got to be careful somethings arnt too extreme like the wizard was.

Feel free to keep up the suggestions. Your idea's and suggestion's are in the right place.