Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

This game is already ruined after 3 days of playing. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 01:12 PM

teinage has a default reputation
Default This game is already ruined after 3 days of playing.

So I am very new to this game and i have to say I did enjoy it until today. I was plays and building up my army to get ready to siege my first bigger npc castle ( i have this quest in which I need to siege 3 npc lords) so i have looked into guides how to make a good army etc... So I ended up buying good units and went up into a camp and farmed the little orcs and make loads of gold, but mostly I leveled my units to get the quest done without losses.

After lots of working and building etc my 12 hours protection shield went off, which is okay because I like to pvp in other games. So here comes my first battle ! I have my lvl 12 ish army ready to fight and I am thinking : this dude im going to massacre him. But i was pretty wrong.

The screen loads, my army is all together at one spot and litteraly 3 seconds later BOOOM my enemy ( who had 1 wizzard and 3 horses) launches some Lightning on my troops. My enitre Army ( 42 units) GONE, all exept for my ogers... WHO THE HELL on the developpers team was thinking " lets make a wizzard, that can attack from across the map, that can launch lightning ( btw that attack follows you ???? WTF) and destroy the entire army. so one unit can kill 42 units No problem. Now you have to admit that this sounds pretty damn ******ed right ?

So the problem comes iether from the fact that the people who make this game just made an unit that ruins the game for every1 or i ended up ( a noob that has been playing for 3 days only ) fighting some very high level dude (which would be completely ******ed/stupid aswell)

Plz fix this, it was my first battle and it was really no fun, seriously how can this be possible ????
Old 01-27-2014, 01:31 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

If I recall the lightning spell is suppose to get nerfed this upcoming patch. Wizards as a whole though the Dev's feel are balanced. Thank you for posting this. I myself feel that there are definite balance changes that need to be made. Do not worry though, the Devs will read this and have some sort of answer for you. You are not writing to blind eyes.

Suggestion: Wizards are powerful and can be used to abuse the game as seen here in this example. The guy he fought knew he would win these fights hence why he brought one wizard and three carts to the field. If you do not want to change wizards you should at least increase their strength rating so players that add wizards can only fight larger and more fit army's. As is, the Wizard is a what seems to be a high 300-350 strength rating at level 100. But due to their damage even 300-350 strength armies can't counter them if the player knows what he is doing with the wizard. I would bump them up to 500 at level 100. An army shouldn't really have more than one wizard unless its a very high end strength rating match. And at the current state, four wizards can become invincible when they buff themselves. Let them be invincible at a 2000 strength army instead. (And yes, I still propose this even though you are nerfing the lightning damage).

Last edited by Langor : 01-27-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Suggestion, this post bothers me deeply.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Damn - I just wish we patched this already. Really sorry to hear about this - our patch that was suppose to GREATLY nurf lightning storm is late. We should have it out with-in 24 hours - yes - this is completely unbalanced, and will be fixed. And please feel free to ask in-game moderators for some compensation for the lost units.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:09 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Damn - I just wish we patched this already. Really sorry to hear about this - our patch that was suppose to GREATLY nurf lightning storm is late. We should have it out with-in 24 hours - yes - this is completely unbalanced, and will be fixed. And please feel free to ask in-game moderators for some compensation for the lost units.
I looked for him in game as soon as I read this but I couldn't find him online. I was going to send him 100k gold and whatever amount of resources he could carry. This greatly hurts me to read as I know his feelings because I too lost my whole army in my first PvP match due to something I couldn't control.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:49 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hopefully he`ll read this and he`ll know to look for mods to get things back. Some players might give up on the game after this - sucks how this ill-balanced spell effected so many players. And if you can find him - please do - thank you!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:17 AM

thank you all for the messages,

i bet it is going to be patched, and i will continue to play because i really do like this game it is a bit frustrating to lose the units but it is nothing that cant be fixed.

I do have to say that i am amazed by the personal reactions here ( sorry I didnt awnser quicker btw) and dont worry about the compensation i will farm lots of gold and train army again xD

Thank you for the awnsers and the fixes !

And i guess you guys do alot of good work as this is the only problem i had so far
Old 01-28-2014, 08:18 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Awesome! Glad to hear you have recovered from your loss. It is hard to always get things right with the developers being a small indie group. But they are doing their best and are working hard on the game to fix bugs and balance everything out while providing new content. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know here or in game. Have fun my friend!
Old 01-28-2014, 10:09 AM

just maybe another couple of things that make life a bit more easy. (these are just details tbh)

1) i accidentaly pressed "cancel" on my protection window and it just vanished. a little window with "are you sure yes/no " would be nice

2) the price to pay off is pretty low, but sometimes it is really high. Just in my case today i wanted to finish something off before start to pvp so i pay off each attack ( about 3 ) the first 2 i paid it off with some golld+peasants. But the 3rd time i pressed pay off again and it took away 3 ogers lvl 20. This system quite forces someone to pvp, which if that is the purpose is good, but i wouldnt mind seeing clearly what I pay to pay off. I mean i see the gold price but not the units. Could it just show up? now i have to put my mouse on the pay off to see what i pay and if you are not paying attention you might pay the big price. Personally i wouldnt mind pay much more gold to pay off and no units than a tiny bit of gold and 3 units (esp high level)

3) besides some minor bugs, i am very laggy, but that could be explained by the fact that i am european and live a bit far away from the server ?

Well thats just what I have seen so far and just some things I'd change, do what ever you want with it xD

cya around
Old 01-28-2014, 10:39 AM

Thanks for another great bug report

The problem with PvP is not being away from the server, but from another player, And we should have a solution next week.

With the pay out - it`s best to have gold or resources that you can pay out with - if you don`t, it takes away your units - and yes - it`s quite steep with that. Just keep some gold around and you`ll be ok with avoiding payouts.

With cancel PvP protection - we`ll add something in.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:12 PM

ah ok great i will make sure i have anough gold on my armies then