Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Sure wish I had known this was the 'nerf leveling update' - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 01:35 AM

IGhostbustedGod has a default reputation
Default Sure wish I had known this was the 'nerf leveling update'

Good lord... My units alll suffered HORRIBLY from the new stats awarded for leveling.... Had I known THIS was coming down the pipeline, I wouldn't have been hyped for this expansion at all... It sure doesn't cost LESS gold to level each unit... they just recieve FAR less per stat point. Such a let down.

If you are going to nerf something so heavily, it is VERY important to make sure you even this out for the player so they aren't so obviously screwed. I get that high level units need to be brought down a peg, but for me to still be paying the same amount to level them when they are barely getting any benefit out of it? This would be acceptable if the amout of gold per level was reduced by 1/3rd of the cost since the stat increases were dropped by at least half.

Just bad planning. Feels like Kixeye has taken over development of this game...

Last edited by IGhostbustedGod : 01-09-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

We are looking at this, and may make some changes. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

nonsense

gain from skillpoint is reduced by a good 50%

but basic stats got doubled, so end stats for a lev 20 unit is same, for example my old pre expansion knights at lev 20 where 25700 hp 450 dmg. my current knights are 24500 hp 457 dmg, same res same stamina same regen etc.

Simply the skillpoints give less for reduce theproblem that low level units where too underpowered vs high ones, becouse 90% of an unit ability to fight is made thrue skillpoints and not thue basic stats.

The final stats result is almost the same and this is math not opinions, now levels matter much less in the strenght of an unit so a lev 10 can fight for real a lev 20 now.

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 01-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I do see the problem with the price to level up units, and amount of kills required to grind them being too high now though.

Thanks for your concern we`ll look into it.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hydra unit will be fixed in the upcoming patch 22. Also we are making it easier to level up units - since it doesn`t bring as much benefit as it used to.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:43 AM

I can confirm we`ll have a brand new system both for grind level up and gold level up in Patch 22 this Saturday.
And yes - the goals are to promote PvP, while still requiring players to spend hours to level up high trier dragons, hydras, dragons e.t.c