Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Patch # 20 - Pathfinding & Arcana Expansion Preview - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 04:28 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

Turning off advanced logging seems to have helped my performance alot.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Reaver has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinth View Post
Turning off advanced logging seems to have helped my performance alot.
I did that aswell and I have noticed smoother gameplay.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Good find - I think this might be causing the lag for half of the players - we are disabling this on default and removing the option in patch 22.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Have you considered decreasing the amount of units in a squad by 1/2(1/3 for orcs maybe) and increasing their hp/dmg to compensate---it might help with the movement lag.

For units that have a single squad member(ogre mage hero and dragon) nothing would really change for them in terms of hp and dmg.

The reason i suggest this is orcs are pretty much the laggyiest race--more units per squad is going to do that,and currently it is possible to field 1800 units on each side,3600 total--not including the npc's.Which is great,don't get me wrong,but currently it's to much.

Doing this,if of course it worked as intended and does solve the pathfinding lag issue,should also improve co-op play since less calculations should mean less info needed to be sent.It would also strengthen the player base,as alot of people leave not because the game isn't fun,but because it's hard to enjoy a game that can be,at times,difficult to play.

I have never heard anyone say anything bad about the idea of this game.The only complaints i have ever heard from it,is bugs and lag(and maybe balance :>) You guys are great at getting the bugs,balance comes with time,but the lag is just killing it.

I also know you want large scale battles,as players so do we.However I do believe many of us would be just as happy with smaller scales that worked smoothly,and even if it where just a temporary measure,it could go a long way in keeping players active,and not just checking back every few months to see if its been fixed yet.

I'm hoping I'm not stepping on anyones toes or insulting anyone(if i did it wasn't intentional).I know the team has put alot of work into the game,and reducing squad sizes might be seen as a step backwards,however if it let's the game move forward I say grab the chopping board.The hydra's are sexy by the way,have not yet tried out the mages,have seen one in pvp and in the twitch stream other day,they look promising.Also Minotaur ftw :>

Edit: I meant to add you could cut unit sizes down,not increase their hp or dmg,but decrease the hp and damage of single unit squads as well.I also understand not all the lag is caused by pathfinding--it's odd that on day of patch it seemed to work nicely,but now it's laggy again,not as bad,but I still think co-op and pvp would see performance increases with decreased squad sizes.

Last edited by Neinth : 01-12-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:33 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

This is something we`ve been thinking about. There is a chance we`ll go ahead with this change very soon. Probably not only for the Orcs but all races as well decreasing number of units in battalions to 15.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 AM

Wilffio has a default reputation

Whatever solves the problem works for me :) but yes the team is doing a great job! so keep it up
Old 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Even if its just a temporary measure no one will mind increased performance.

I also think it might be beneficial to include some basic monitoring commands--like fps ping and such.

Anything that might increase performance,or help us determine which type of lag we are dealing with, gpu, cpu or internet--because let's face it,players are lazy and they don't want to work to find a solution(or reason) to problems :>
Old 01-19-2014, 12:32 AM

Spriggan81 has a default reputation

When i login i find some of my worker inactive,always the same.They just stop to gather resource everytime i logout.And if you follow them,many are going around the map instead of working.It only happens to me?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:19 AM

Fennr993 has a default reputation

No this happens to me too. My orcs laborers and men peasants are inactive when i log on or come from a siege or quest. Most of the time they wander around the map and sometimes the go to work at a different place then i ordered them to work. It's frustrating, but it should have been fixed with the patch that was supposed to be released yesterday. What's the ETA on the patch now?
Old 01-20-2014, 09:11 AM

These issues will be fixed in a few hours in patch 22. Also we tried something to decrease visual lag - perhaps it`ll be enough without having to reduce battalion numbers. Also please check the new labourers (one the patch is live) - we decreased laborer battalion size - as it`s the most commonly used unit on the Orcish homeland - that should help quite a bit on lower end PCs trying to play Orcs.