Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Kingdom Wars Updates - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default Kingdom Wars Updates

Dear Players, it`s time for a long awaited update on the Patch 20 (the new free expansion pack). But first of all please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of updates during the past 2 months. We are glad to say everything`s back on track now - with supporting and expanding Kingdom Wars being our main priority. And it`s time to make up for all the set-backs and delays.

There is no good way to explain the setbacks... chain of unfortunate circumstances outside of our control. Due to some personal reasons (wedding followed by a major accident) and other problems I was out of the office for several weeks and this broke the chain of never-ending updates and stopped our community updates - that we we managed to keep uninterrupted for the past year and a half.

Meanwhile the rest of our team has been working on various projects we needed to concentrate on to secure our company`s future, but without my presence we weren`t able to pay enough attention to our Kingdom Wars community.

But lets set that aside and lets go over few things we have coming your way in the coming weeks.

More Players
===========
You might have noticed the player population increasing slightly in the past several days. We are hoping to continue this trend with some old players coming back for the new free expansion, and additional sales and promos we have planned for the rest of December and into January.

Free Expansion pack
================
Now the biggest update is the long awaited Patch 20 - that`s now a full blown game expansion - biggest expansion we released to date. I`ll have an update on the release date for you by next week - we are still polishing a few things, and in addition we need to co-ordinate with Steam. But we`ll do our best to get this to you for the Holidays. To list some of the features:

-New Buildings - from Wizard Tower to Guild Headquarters
-New epic units - from massive Hydra to Minotaurs
-New Wizard primary hero character in 3 classes
-Amazing magic system starting with 15 spells
-New unit control system - similar to Total War games
-Brand new lagless pathfinding
-New unit AI with cool things like units forming perfectly on walls
-Professional localization for other languages including Tutorial and other in-game text

The Big Move...
===========
Unfortunately I`m not at liberty to reveal the details but we are planning a huge move later this winter that should greatly raise our player population sometime between late January or February. The increase should be around the biggest levels we have seen during Kingdom Wars expansion pack - with 700+ players online at once.

I hope some of you will stick around a bit longer and continue support our indie project.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 12-04-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Glad the annocument is out. Get ready for our biggest expansion yet!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:43 PM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

*throws confetti*
Old 12-05-2013, 02:23 AM

drhigh has a default reputation
Default good news

This is a really good news ... I though that you was "bombed, and all of you died" :).. but obviously you are alive. I'm very happy that you still work on the healthy of this game and I think all of us are we waiting the new patch. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:47 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Sure feels good to be alive:) And thanks for the kind words. We`ll start posting some preview screenshots in the coming days.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

Wolffighter has a default reputation

do you give us back the old army size? i will not play till i can move my army again...(no i don't remove units cause you decided 1 day to lower the size) so pls make the old size back thats rly the wrost problem in the game
Old 12-06-2013, 08:05 AM

Unfortunately the army sizes are there to stay as it was a badly needed balancing change. If we are to revert that it`ll undo a lot of balancing efforts and break a few things in turn.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

Wolffighter has a default reputation

you do realize that that was the problem why the game lost about 95% of all players?(ok maybe only 75% )
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 PM

Xhodan Xeus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Unfortunately the army sizes are there to stay as it was a badly needed balancing change. If we are to revert that it`ll undo a lot of balancing efforts and break a few things in turn.
like the other guy said
im not ganna play the game even if i wanted to cause i have 10 armies!!! all of them cant move.
i cant just delte them because there dragons and other units i payed real money for. so what am i supposed to do? last time this happend i deleted them to move my armies and i didnt get a refund. so im not ganna do it again. so how should i play the game if i cant move?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:14 PM

RedEmpire has a default reputation
Default Keep it up!

One reason I really enjoy this game is the constant effort that the developers are putting into this game. Keep it up!

I do hope the number of active players playing at one time can be boosted though. The small online community takes quite a bit of fun out of the mmo element (which is my favorite part!).