Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Persistant/Interactive World with Nation War and Politics? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 02:24 AM

Xhodan Xeus has a default reputation
Default Persistant/Interactive World with Nation War and Politics?

will we ever see in DoF something like a interactive map? where we see everybodys troops? and or some sort of map with diffrent zones where guilds or players can take it over in exchange for resources. something worth fighting for basicly. not just random pvp but something to take over.
want to see more politics some sort of territory controle or something like that.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:31 AM

Nazar has a default reputation

I fully agree with this. I've been playing for about two weeks now, very much enjoyed many aspects of the game, but now the battles and everything else start becoming a bit pointless because of the lack of strategic purpose.

I have more gold and more coins than I will ever need, my castle is fully upgraded, and there's no threat or goal to strive for any more. This is especially true because levelling up troops is only a small tactical advantage. It gives you a few more tactical options, but you will simply face stronger opponents.

PvP is still a fun side game, but a strategic purpose would give the game a longevity that right now is lacking.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:42 AM

no info from the devs?
if something like this is planned or not?

because of right now as Nazar said once you upgraded all your stuff there is not much to do you basicly "beat the game" with territory controle, nation war or whatever there is always politics and conflict going on
Old 09-02-2013, 10:20 AM

Nazar has a default reputation

It'a shame, Xhodan Xeus, but it seems that the developers either have given up on this game or they need to take some basic PR classes. The forums seem semi-deserted by mods and devs alike, it's less active than your average student blog.

Last week I told my friend about the game, and ten minutes later he rang me saying that it looks like having a lot of potential, but that judging by the forums it was dead or dying, and that he wasn't going to invest in an indie game like that. And he's not wrong.

Oh well, I gave it my time and some money (bought some unnecessary coins twice to support development), and had a good time playing. Time to move on I guess. Pity.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Forums are far from dead, we have are slow times and are busy times. We are hard at work on our biggest update ever. So be rest assured we are on it!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi11Zone View Post
Forums are far from dead, we have are slow times and are busy times. We are hard at work on our biggest update ever. So be rest assured we are on it!
its all good i know the team is working hard to finaly get the pathfinding patch out.

however the question still stands and is i think kinda important for players to know what they want from this game and in what direction the game is headed. so players can make up there mind or know if its a game they want invest in.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:50 PM

realm95 has a default reputation

Great idea.

I also think the forums is dead i check in daily and theirs usually nothing new maybe just a new comment on a post that's it.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Looks like things did indeed slowed down in the past 2 weeks. But we hope to see things come to live with-in the next two weeks - with patch 20 and pathfinding we`ll be inviting our old players to come back.

And aside from pathfinding we`ve been working on tons of amazing cool stuff - from the new magic free expansion pack to another secret project that we`ll be ready to announce later this fall.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:50 AM

Hamm3R has a default reputation

i must say that a real goal is actually what is missing to this game so far. Tho op is right, as soon as you get your citiy developped and most of your units maxed out ... you have not much left to do.

There have to be some more in depth mecanics with the pvp and globally what you call the "mmo-rts" part. Fighting for territories as a faction is a good start, also you can add some kind of pvp ladder to actually make it reawardind aside from getting crowns (which becomes pretty much useless anyway once you get all you wanted), the ladder would give a goal, and actually it could give ppl that meet certain conditions some privileges, such as ... building other cities or outposts (i read somewhere an idea about being able to siege those colonies regardless of army streght which i thought was pretty good) and the would allow to expend influence on other territories to make you faction "win".

The option to see other player's citys on the world map should be added too, (and camps) ... and i think the best way to deal with the fact that if there are too few players with too different army scales they can't fight ... just make a system life for the solo mission that allows one to select what he is bringing into battle so he can match his forces to the equivalent in strenght of the city/camp he is attacking.

This would smooth the pvp mechanics a lot, because sometimes it can take ages to find a suitable pvp match, even when you roam the map with 4 or 5 different armies of different strenght.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Exactly what we`ve been thinking how to change for the past while. While I can`t promise we`ll see all of this changed in DoF this year - I have high hopes to what the new year will bring - be it updates to DoF...or something else...