Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

PvP opponents - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM

Nazar has a default reputation
Default PvP opponents

Hi all,

I discovered this game last week and have been thoroughly enjoying it since, so many thanks to the developers, keep up the great work!

My only concern so far is perhaps completely unfounded, because I haven't actually tried it out yet, so please correct me if I'm wrong: it's about PvP opponents.

I'm about to build my walls and thereby losing protection, which I'm really looking forward to. But do I understand correctly that I will only be linked to armies as strong as my own? In that case, isn't it completely pointless to build strong armies or city defenses, because the strength of my opponents will adjust accordingly? Why risk levelled-up units in that case? Why not simply guard my city with mediocre units, which are cheap to replace?

Anyway, any clarification would be much appreciated, because I'm probably mistaken.

Nazar

Last edited by Nazar : 08-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 AM
DoF Moderator

Gyumaou has a default reputation

You are correct in that PvP opponents are matched to your army/city strength level. And yes, theoretically you could just stick to some basic units and low level armies, but why would you want to? PvP is more enjoyable the stronger the opponent, and the higher the risk the better your rewards too! (even in case of defeat)

Catch me ingame or drop me a PM If I can help.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 AM

Nazar has a default reputation

So, the stronger the armies facing each other, the stronger the rewards? That makes sense.

Wouldn't be an idea to match opponents according to overall player strength, rather than army strength? That way, if I leave my castle undefended I'd be taking a risk, and I would have to think more carefully about my choices.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!