Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

This needs to be addressed and Delt with Swiftly - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 05:16 PM

axal011 has a default reputation
Exclamation This needs to be addressed and Delt with Swiftly

I will not name as I follow a code of No shame...

The Elite unit Shamans are WAY over powered...In the 3 years ive been playing ive never seen what happened to me just awhile ago... I had an army strengh around 460 with around 7 swordsman 5 knights 4 mounted knights 7 crossbowmen and a level 15 hero, this is what i had and most where around the levels of 7-10 .

Now what this guy had "as mentioned i will not name & Shame Policy I go by, Had at least 6 Tribal Shamans, all level 53 and his hero was level 5.. He charges at my whole army and I noticed within a second my whole entire units Health dropped to half health including my Hero, and then BOOM another Mysterious AOE from those tribal shamans, My whole army Died less than 10 seconds from the moment he charged "Engaged" AS I see this game breaking, I suggest Tribal shamans be immediately removed and those who bought them be recompensated until this is fixed.. I have no screenshots nor did I fraps because Like I said, ive never seen anything like this before.....Completly awwed and Shocked that I don't know what to think of that massacre....

Edit: I bought one of those tribal shamans to see what ability it was and its called "Blood Purge" Drains the blood of the enemy, and if I read correctly its got a 10 second cooldown 150 stamina cost, and over 500 points of damage so 6 units using an ability to do an AOE of 500 or more damage thats like over 2500 or more damage in one use... .... I thought this unit was supposed to be just a healer as it says in the description? but anyway, this unit is a God unit...

Last edited by axal011 : 07-26-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Simple fix for that.
Either limit the Range to an very small radius so only a few Units can be Affectet.
Or limit the number of Units affectet.

No need to do drastic stuff like removing em.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 PM

auroxyd has a default reputation
Post confused

talking about shaman, i just bought 3 of them (sold for 66 crowns). and when i read a pack of 6 shaman level 53, i'm stuned.
i play with a new little project, only heroes of all class mixed in 3 army. then i was planing to set 1 shaman / army.
i bring them to my training spot and : after 20 minute games they go from level 1 to.....level 2 almost 3. considering it's only 10 points of exp, how many time is required for 6 shaman 53 ?! it sound like clone bug exploit, i wont say anything about that, but it's kinda know by lots of gamer, since some talk of that, in the game chat.

IF it's not a clone bug exploit, your army (no offense) isn't shape for pvp, i mean they are level 7 to 15, if i'm not wrong, and you just need 10 hours of game to level that, taking all your time. So time wise your encounter was bringing more than 1000 hours of game (i'm still stuned by 6 shaman level 53), i won"t lost my time with math, but you got the point. your battle was month of game vis 1 day of game. staticaly, it's not unbalanced.

Now some little hints for those who want decent army, specialy melee class : fight at rollingplains, there is 2 wells, bring 2 units by well. open fire, and voila, 20 minute = level 1 to 10, can be 11, 20 minute from 11 to 15, then your choice, good to go, or around 1 hours for 15 to 20.

For ranged class, Bal -something, the ogre area, after brakental, hunt ogre with a tank (impaler, spike man etc...), and 4 unit of ranged class. set a camp first, you will need it to refresh the wounds.

once you have some ogre in your camp, fully healed, take them as tank; cos once you have your army full (60), you want sold some as siege unit, and train your ranged class with the gold farmed. just keep 4 of them for a next turn (the badass ones). so it's a win win. dead Ogre drop gold, best way with Elves male warden (20K gold), depend of race, but as elves a run worth 50K gold = level 4 ogre = 1000 gold, and while this time ranged class level during the hunt.

So now, back to those famous shaman, how the hell can we farm more than level 1 to 2 in 20 minutes !

As usual, apologies for my basic english, and good game !
Old 07-26-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroxyd View Post
talking about shaman, i just bought 3 of them (sold for 66 crowns). and when i read a pack of 6 shaman level 53, i'm stuned.
i play with a new little project, only heroes of all class mixed in 3 army. then i was planing to set 1 shaman / army.
i bring them to my training spot and : after 20 minute games they go from level 1 to.....level 2 almost 3. considering it's only 10 points of exp, how many time is required for 6 shaman 53 ?! it sound like clone bug exploit, i wont say anything about that, but it's kinda know by lots of gamer, since some talk of that, in the game chat.

IF it's not a clone bug exploit, your army (no offense) isn't shape for pvp, i mean they are level 7 to 15, if i'm not wrong, and you just need 10 hours of game to level that, taking all your time. So time wise your encounter was bringing more than 1000 hours of game (i'm still stuned by 6 shaman level 53), i won"t lost my time with math, but you got the point. your battle was month of game vis 1 day of game. staticaly, it's not unbalanced.

Now some little hints for those who want decent army, specialy melee class : fight at rollingplains, there is 2 wells, bring 2 units by well. open fire, and voila, 20 minute = level 1 to 10, can be 11, 20 minute from 11 to 15, then your choice, good to go, or around 1 hours for 15 to 20.

For ranged class, Bal -something, the ogre area, after brakental, hunt ogre with a tank (impaler, spike man etc...), and 4 unit of ranged class. set a camp first, you will need it to refresh the wounds.

once you have some ogre in your camp, fully healed, take them as tank; cos once you have your army full (60), you want sold some as siege unit, and train your ranged class with the gold farmed. just keep 4 of them for a next turn (the badass ones). so it's a win win. dead Ogre drop gold, best way with Elves male warden (20K gold), depend of race, but as elves a run worth 50K gold = level 4 ogre = 1000 gold, and while this time ranged class level during the hunt.

So now, back to those famous shaman, how the hell can we farm more than level 1 to 2 in 20 minutes !

As usual, apologies for my basic english, and good game !

For starters my strategy is always been to keep units below level 15.... except heroes.. I don't like having very high lvl armies as I do better with what I do.#2, I have more hours than 1000 as I played the game when it released in 2010 as I waited for the game since 2008. #3, the guy had over 450k Gold so he trained those shamans with Gold. #4 He didn't use any cloning bug, he was all Legit except the shamans need nerfed.. and it wasn't a siege so there was no wells :P and Ill say it again, 6 level 53 shamans killed my entire army with "Blood Purge" no real skill was used to fight me, if it takes someone to use one ability like Blood Purge to kill an entire army then there is something wrong there....
Old 07-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

We know about some of the units and the shaman. We are re balancing them as we speak. I can't go into to much detail. But we are working on it.

Last edited by Hi11Zone : 07-27-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi11Zone View Post
We know about some of the units and shaman. We are re balancing them as we speak. I cant go into to much detail. But we are working on it.

Thanks Hi11
Old 07-27-2013, 01:52 PM

R-A-B has a default reputation

That would probably be down the the SHamans 'blood something' ability that is an aoe effect.

There does seemt o be a small issue with pure hero armies being a little insane.

An easy fix is to limit the amount of heroe/elite units in an army, would stop pure dragon armies too but that may just **** people off.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 PM

raccoon has a default reputation

I'm the only person I've seen shamelessly run around with shamans melting armies with the click of a button fully expecting to get it nerfed sooner in the process.

It's not all about the blood purge itself although it is ridiculously overpowered, the hero only costs a third of the army strength as the other elites (Aside from the starter hero). With 15 of them at high level which is an army full you're only looking at around 600-700 army strength. People are quick to dismiss the idea of them being powerful because of their 2000 hp and vulnerability to other heros/dragons but when you can hit 80% resists, have multiple aoe heals/self heals, and are free to skill up as much stamina as you like because blood purge doesn't scale off of attack you're faced with a serious threat.

It's lazy balancing at times when you just make an ability weaker. It would be better if purge did something like friendly fire, didn't have a short 10 second cooldown, made it easy to view the shaman by giving him an aura, lowered his resists, etc - in other words creativity in addition to nerfing the damage so you don't make it a waste of stamina in the end.

He's the one of the few unique heros out there aside from the infiltrator/dragonslayer which have clearly defined specialities even if they're underappreciated.

Just my 2c

Last edited by raccoon : 07-30-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

strenght of shamans will be increased, stamina/hp reduced
dmg reduced
range and effect area reduced, also 2x blood purge on same target will not cause 2x dmg. only renew the effect.
cost and cooldown increased

ps: there was also a mistake regards strenght values, there was none so was very very low... now shaman will be higher than normal heroes

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by vicious666 : 08-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.