Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

UI complaints. - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 07:16 AM

Stamoose has a default reputation

Very new to the game, but just made a forum account for my issue.

I realize multi-monitor won't be priority, but I'm running 3 monitors and all the information (such as when I select the unit) is either on the extreme left of my left monitor, or the extreme right of my right monitor. There's usually some sort of sacrifice needed to be made for multi-monitor set ups, but first world problems....am I right?

Either way, you asked for UI complaints, so I decided to at least post mine for your consideration. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM

Khadgarion has a default reputation

Unit selection is kind of strange.

If I click the archer icon at the top left, it selects all my archers and shows me how many there actually are at the bottom left. But if I click a specific one, i can't really tell if it was selected or not.

Also, most RTS games, if you double tap the number for a control group, it'll take you to where that group currently is on the map. I'd love to have that added.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Sovelis has a default reputation

Well i think that you should show the unit changes if they go onto towers or get bonuses or minuses from buffs and what not. Also if a region give a bonus or minus to a certin unit or buliding you should show the change instead of making people do the math for each item.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Darkfyre is just above average reputation
Arrow

I made a big post about the problems with the UI and suggestions for fixing them here:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6768
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM

HamsterofDoom has a default reputation

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

It would be nice if the UI was all condensed in one area. It doesn't have to be the left hand corner, but this picture is to give you kind of an idea. The circle/wheel thing is nice if you have a controller, or if you are selecting a human/elf plot to build on.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:14 AM

haexxa has a default reputation

One thing I want to mention:

Contrast

The UI lacks it. Meaning less structure for backgrounds to highlight buttonborders and fonts.

And I have a Question:
Why are unit-stats lagging and sometimes wrong? It doesn't disturb me too much, but it should get fixed and I wonder how such can even happen?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:59 AM

aramsm has a default reputation

Hello all,

My complaints (maybe more could come):
-first its dificult for me to see the information on the interface, and I mean dificult to see literally, not that is dificult to find it (this is another issue). I believe that as our backgrounds are multi-color because of the art, on the dark spots you cant see the letters if you set it to dark colors, and when you set to white or something you cant see it in the bright spots of the UI. You could fix this with a default background color at the places that we must read (like chat and units informations), like all other games.
-other big issue is to level up the units and select it using UI. For example if 3 squads leveled up, but I have 10 squads from the same unit, I have to exclude one by one till only the three squads left or till one of the leveled up squads reach the front of the line of units selected. We could change the first squad on that line (the squad that are displayed on the left side) by only left clicking on it, but instead when we do that the whole army you selected is diselected, only remainning that squad that you left clicked.
-other thing, and this is a bug, when you added new units, the elf enchanters stance option desappeared. This is essential since I need to set them as passive.
-hot keys for those instances and habilities is also appreciate.
-the icons of each squad should blink when they are engaged in combat.
-after a fight I miss a summary of how many squads I lost, because I need this information to replenish my army as it was before.
-there should be some way to "clean" the interface and make easier to see the essential informations. For example, those circules that we use to see squad formation, level up, change stance etc are too close each other and maybe the icons could be larger. Perhabs those informations should be displayed in a straight line above our screen. The same thing for units stats: is dificult to see where is the damage, armor, stamina etc. Maybe it should be organized in a columm, like:
Attack:
303 Slash/ 150 Blunt/ 345 Pierce
Armor:
etc/etc/etc
Stats should be displayed per theme, I mean, attack and defence, stamina and health, level and exp, speed and ammo (minor informations). HP should come first, then stamina, attack, defence, level and exp, speed and ammo, all organized in a columm, not splitted in a circule.