Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Worst pvp in gaming existence - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 AM

Zoris has a default reputation

I do notice that wildfire gets to troops quick. When running level 10-15 soldiers they certainly dissipate quickly. This fire was originally created by arrows.

I think the new path finding patch will lift a lot from this issue.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:04 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

i am going to check how much dmg does fire that spread on ground

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-29-2013, 04:45 AM

Saan has a default reputation

Also found wildfire far from realistic. Seen one time fire spread out in desert over ground for a half of screen. Only building/tree should burn and spread out if they are close, not wildfire in open space, especially in desert.
For me its my main tactic in taking npc towns - few fireballs from dragon = the whole town on fire. No matter how many defenders inside, all will burn. Wait 2 min - send ogres and finish survivors.
Wildfire is like a nuke, unless your opponent has lvl 20 units of right spec.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:18 AM

R-A-B has a default reputation

Sorry, worst pvp experience ever goes to Gettysburg: Armored Warfare.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:56 AM

philo5080 has a default reputation

I have to agree. You can't even get to any of the in game quests without immediately being attacked when the "protection" timer runs out (I have to wonder about a company that will sell you protection from it's players on ithe online store...). The imbalance between the two armies has always been ridiculous in my experience, and it's always the same MO, two or more dragons, run up, set everything on fire, and run away. Repeat, repeat, repeat......there's no combat in this game's PVP, just the use of fire.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

We are balancing the fire as we speak, and will work on this.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:24 PM

kbs666 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by philo5080 View Post
I have to agree. You can't even get to any of the in game quests without immediately being attacked when the "protection" timer runs out (I have to wonder about a company that will sell you protection from it's players on ithe online store...). The imbalance between the two armies has always been ridiculous in my experience, and it's always the same MO, two or more dragons, run up, set everything on fire, and run away. Repeat, repeat, repeat......there's no combat in this game's PVP, just the use of fire.
Not sure how this point system works but I just had my first experience with this games PvP. The screen said I was slightly stronger so I went ahead and fought rather than pay the guy off. I never had a chance. His units seemed immune to my attacks. My army was mostly mid teens foot knights and his were some orc unit all seemingly at lvl 10 or below and he had a lot more units than I did. Neither of us used fire. I lost every unit except 3 knights and my hero. He seemed completely unaffected.

An even fight without some tactical issue should not be an utter defeat for one side.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

theinternetman has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
An even fight without some tactical issue should not be an utter defeat for one side.
When you're completely new to the game and have no clue how to properly build and army and command your troops your matches are likely to end in utter defeat.

On the upside as you play the game more you'll find that creating new armies becomes rather trivial and so you can practice different strategies and army compositions. By having a large amount of resource production can you churn out armies quickly, and level up them additionally at towns with training centers for a gold fee. If you have level 5 unit recruiting buildings it's very trivial to produce 300-500 point armies to practice with. A lot of DoF's PvP comes down to resistances and quickly re-skilling your troops many times during the battle as the situation calls for it, which makes paying attention to the stats on your opponents units very important.

Last edited by theinternetman : 07-02-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:05 PM

kbs666 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinternetman View Post
When you're completely new to the game and have no clue how to properly build and army and command your troops your matches are likely to end in utter defeat.

On the upside as you play the game more you'll find that creating new armies becomes rather trivial and so you can practice different strategies and army compositions. By having a large amount of resource production can you churn out armies quickly, and level up them additionally at towns with training centers for a gold fee. If you have level 5 unit recruiting buildings it's very trivial to produce 300-500 point armies to practice with. A lot of DoF's PvP comes down to resistances and quickly re-skilling your troops many times during the battle as the situation calls for it, which makes paying attention to the stats on your opponents units very important.
You're kidding right? Why exactly would I, or anyone, waste that much free time on a game that lies to us? If the relative point values don't mean anything then it shouldn't be there.

If my army composition was that utterly useless, all my knights had maxed out their armor resists BTW (I not being a complete moron), then the point comparison should not have been within a few points.

Finally controlling units during the battle and reskilling them? I was barely able to get my units formations set and from some sort of battle line. He just came at me as a horde. He used no visible tactic except his units were simply far superior to mine despite the point value and his units being uniformly lower level.

I'll wait for this next patch that keeps being promised as a fix to everything. Then if these problems are not greatly improved I'll write it off as money lost and delete the game.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:51 PM

R-A-B has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You're kidding right? Why exactly would I, or anyone, waste that much free time on a game that lies to us? If the relative point values don't mean anything then it shouldn't be there.

If my army composition was that utterly useless, all my knights had maxed out their armor resists BTW (I not being a complete moron), then the point comparison should not have been within a few points.

Finally controlling units during the battle and reskilling them? I was barely able to get my units formations set and from some sort of battle line. He just came at me as a horde. He used no visible tactic except his units were simply far superior to mine despite the point value and his units being uniformly lower level.

I'll wait for this next patch that keeps being promised as a fix to everything. Then if these problems are not greatly improved I'll write it off as money lost and delete the game.
Orcs have abilities and formations greatly increasing there abilities and making them nard as hell, downside is it drains stamina, whereas a footsoldier can stay in peak efficency pretty much indefinitely.
I'd also point out I believe upgrades to armour,weapons and formations etc do NOT add to army strength, so having them researched can provide a considerable advantage.

In short the game has a fairly poor tooltips for explanations. If you can get over that, then also start experimenting and finding those liitle tricks to unit compositions I fidn it highly rewarding. I hope you stay around a little longer and get a grip on the mechanics to enable a far more enjoyable experience.
Closed Thread