Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Attacking with a army, am i doing it wrong? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 05:41 AM

Xariez has a default reputation
Question Attacking with a army, am i doing it wrong?

Title says it all.

Whenever i attack i click that button so they would go to a position you set it as, but will attack everything in its way.
But GUESS WHAT - They are just running through the enemies. Am i doing this wrong?

Also, sometimes when i click my archers (alot of the times) in a battle, and set them to attack a unit so they would attack that way, they just stand there not doing anything, so i have to move them closer in order to make them shoot.

Help ASAP appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Xariez
Old 06-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Have you tried not using attack moving and just clicking on a unit to attack? Also archers will run out of arrows and take a little while to replenish (just fyi). The unit pathing is being improved and patched within the week so that it's much easier to attack etc.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:10 PM

maddbomber83 has a default reputation

Xariez; In some maps the enemy is not really an enemy yet until you declare them so to speak. In human areas as an example, sometimes the patrol units won't attack me and I won't attack them (and randomly they will start attacking later).

If this is your issue, then selecting your units you have to actually attack them first, and then for the rest of the map the attack in route button mostly works.

If you are already fighting them and it still doesn't work then... What I do to get around it is when the units walk past I'll re click the aggressive AI button. This usually 'resets' them to attack.

GPS51; The issue goes a step further dealing with where the enemy unit is and where your unit is.
- If I click the attack/move option and then attack a unit of archers and select an archer in the back, my army will move through the other archers (in that same unit) until it reaches that 1 archer in the back and then start fighting.
- This gets a bit worse when the enemy unit is moving. When my units encounter them on the map, they won't attack until they reach a spot (whenever it updated last) where they think they are, and then double back to attack the new spot (because it updated).

Not sure I am explaining it right, but these add up to you having to micro manage the attack system to make sure your units are actually defending themselves. It seems that the system likes to pick 1 solider, not the entire unit to attack first.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:18 PM

Xariez has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddbomber83 View Post
Xariez; In some maps the enemy is not really an enemy yet until you declare them so to speak. In human areas as an example, sometimes the patrol units won't attack me and I won't attack them (and randomly they will start attacking later).

If this is your issue, then selecting your units you have to actually attack them first, and then for the rest of the map the attack in route button mostly works.

If you are already fighting them and it still doesn't work then... What I do to get around it is when the units walk past I'll re click the aggressive AI button. This usually 'resets' them to attack.

GPS51; The issue goes a step further dealing with where the enemy unit is and where your unit is.
- If I click the attack/move option and then attack a unit of archers and select an archer in the back, my army will move through the other archers (in that same unit) until it reaches that 1 archer in the back and then start fighting.
- This gets a bit worse when the enemy unit is moving. When my units encounter them on the map, they won't attack until they reach a spot (whenever it updated last) where they think they are, and then double back to attack the new spot (because it updated).

Not sure I am explaining it right, but these add up to you having to micro manage the attack system to make sure your units are actually defending themselves. It seems that the system likes to pick 1 solider, not the entire unit to attack first.
Not completely sure what ur saying, but seems alright. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Have you tried not using attack moving and just clicking on a unit to attack? Also archers will run out of arrows and take a little while to replenish (just fyi). The unit pathing is being improved and patched within the week so that it's much easier to attack etc.

Yup i have, but it doesn't really help. Oh they will? But still, on the first village attack i had yesterday as humans, they just stood, 1 squad at the almost beginning of the map, because that issue happened. A unit pathing improve is great though!