Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Some suggestion for a better game IMO - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 04:32 PM

Vinsitor has a default reputation
Default Some suggestion for a better game IMO

I'm loving this game more and more every time I play it, so I would like it to be a every day better game.
Some suggestion about it:

- a yellow (red for enemy) circle on the base instead of a highlight around the selected unit or building would be more "elegant"
- the possibility to "ungroup" the unit type on the upper interface, in order to better select/control the specific unit
- a horn to recall all the units around the hero
- a "fire at will" and " hold fire" command
- a maintenance cost for walls (stones and wood) and troups (gold and food) and the farer they are, the more they cost, except close to friendly cities
- Anti-aliasing
- bigger units size (40, 50, and 60)

I know that maybe some suggestions aren't easy to do, but let me tell to you
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

regards the recall i will talk about that with Konstantin, i would like to add also the "range" vision when you click on an ranged unit. i also agree on your idea about the red circle or glow around enemy units. and blue one for your unit, green for allied.

regards maintenance i was thinking on a gold upkeep/food upkeep for units. not only structure maintenance

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 PM

That sounds very good indeed

Plus with fire at will and hold fire, for ranged troops, should be good also a skirmish mode for ranged infantry/cavalry
Old 06-09-2013, 03:16 AM

Wynn has a default reputation

Great suggestions, especially HOLD FIRE on ranged troops and siege weapons. I hate it when I'm positioning my troops and the cannons and bolt throwers start wasting their ammo on troops. I want them to wait until i give them a target. So in addition to HOLD FIRE and FIRE AT WILL, also include FIRE AT TARGET
Old 06-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Good suggestions! Some of it is planned, and some will possible (bigger sizes) with Siegeworks pathfinding updates.

With regard to the hold fire button - please clarify - as siege and ranged units already have a hold fire button.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Good suggestions! Some of it is planned, and some will possible (bigger sizes) with Siegeworks pathfinding updates.

With regard to the hold fire button - please clarify - as siege and ranged units already have a hold fire button.
Thanks for the reply, I think this game is going to be very impressive.

I'm new of this game, so sorry if I'm wrong, but when you click the hold button they have to stop firing until new orders. It appened that I run out of ammo instead, but I don't understand why. Maybe I missed something. If they stop firing, then hold works fine.

It would be good also at least an icon on the troop portrait, to show if the heal ability (and others with a cooldown) is still working, instead of clicking everytime on the unit. I think it could be enough and would still leave to the player the micromanagement of his army.

If I can add something about deployment of troops, it should be good if selecting a number of them and dragging the mouse with the right click, they would deploy one close to the other, forming a line of battalions. Then if I group all the lines together (i.e. archers on the front in skirmish mode ready to retreat, spears on the back and cavalry on the sides), the group should freeze also the formations, not only the units inside.
In this way, dragging the whole group in different directions, you can change the angle and the position of big armies without loosing their starting formation (in Total War you can also right click to rotate the formation).

I hope to be useful and not boring, bye!

Last edited by Vinsitor : 06-10-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

regards cooldown timer for ability i writed it down on the things to do

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-14-2013, 12:52 AM

Thank you!