Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What would YOU like to see added community? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 10:27 PM

Holywizy is just above average reputation

We need more crown sinker !! I have closs to 1500 crowns and nothink to spent them on !!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 PM

Gypsy has a default reputation

I would like to throw stuff in here too.

Agree with the city/wall layout, if there was some kind of limit to cap the walls, if that's really not possible I'd be happy with pre-decided walls but open plan for buildings inside. Just for the feeling of having a unique settlement.

Reduction in some of the building times.

this may just be me, but on one of the elf quests I was defending with an npc elf army and they were purple, I was blue. I found it difficult to distinguish my men from theirs. So perhaps just a tweak on the boldness of colours?

Not requiring your hero being present to complete the quests. Maybe just when he arrives back to home town you can complete and get your rewards.

Rather than highlighting your troops, making them go white - which I feel spoils the look, having small bold circles at their feet.

I quite like the idea of using resources to make other things, for instance using wood to make planks, to make boats etc. it may mean speeding up gathering but it would also be a way for people to use excess rather than just selling etc. It would also mean having more buildings/town units to look forward to. Rather than just gatherer, you could have crafter + whatever you can think of.

I could probable do this all night so i'll leave it there
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Vind has a default reputation

Hi there...i only play elves so i cant really say anything about other races...

1. When there is rain, there is no way that forest can burn and fire can spread
2. Autocast on units that can heal or cast downpour (on fire)
3. Elven wells for regeneration really look bad, (water streaming from a tree???)
4. Move and attack should be default option
5. Improve dragon animation while flying, units look awesome when moving and attacking but dragon is meh
6. Make heroes better visible in combat, i cant tell the difference between him or some other unit when fighting starts.
7. Selected unit circle (lower left part of the screen) is too big and information displayed is confusing (not arranged good) takes a while to find what you are looking for.
8. Position of chat window should be in lower left corner (where unit selection is now). That has become a standard in mmo games. This way it always gets in a way and at least in my case it is always closed.
9. Icons for building menu and unit icons (abilities like heal, change stance) aren't good for the elves. The contrast is wrong. I know thats not a priority but im a sucker for shiny things. Considering how good the elven tree buildings are made the icons dont do them justice.
10. Option to stop producing selected resuource. I have full wood, full food, but cant get stone, cause total resources are capped. I would like to stop producing food when it reaches 2000, and wood when it reaches 2000.
11. Different skins for different unit levels, like adding gold streak when it reaches level 5, weapon shine when it reaces level 10... (again shinies).
12. Elven forest is kinda empty, seems like nothing lives there, no birds, no animals, no ancient ruins
13. Decorations for cities...statues, fountains, market, city feels like military camp not a city.
14. Treants are ugly they look like tree stumps (i know i have been repeating this since i joined the forums, and it isnt easy to change a unit skin, but it has been bugging me like hell :-)
15. When in home city i would like that my unit regeneration is increased or at least set to 1hp/min regen, i have a wounded treant that cant reach a regeneration fountain cause he is to big and my enchanters cant heal him cause they heal is 80 hp per click. I would need to spend 2 hours just clicking heal.

And i liked the idea from Aeil about range indicator, that would be awesome.

Here are some links for icons that you can take for inspiration or maybe use. (if it is not allowed to post external links please remove them)
http://www.iconarchive.com/show/fant...-gabriele.html
http://www.iconarchive.com/show/narn...iconshock.html
http://www.iconarchive.com/show/the-...y-fixicon.html

Last edited by Vind : 05-17-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:08 AM

CallofButy has a default reputation

Ive actually been in the process of becoming a fellow mod for a couple weeks now, and I have an entire notebook full of info, ideas and issues with this game. I'm pretty much an expert at any rts/mmorts made in the last 15 years (basically, all of them lol) and the first, most major issue that needs to be addressed is, what I call, the plateau effect. Once youve maxed all the best stuff out, it's not long at all until you get bored. (Not myself, but ive certainly experienced this with most mmorts's) It is critical that the developers address this issue. The best way to do so, in my opinion, is to add the ability to "conquer" or establish a second or multiple cities. The second best way, (which wouldnt help nearly as much) would be, to simply add another wall, more building slots, and more population. Regardless, such issues need to be addressed immediately (Big expansion or small update) and consistently, to keep the game progressive and appealing.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Puschkin has a default reputation

Conquer cities is a good idea in the beginning. But in long time, it will be more difficult for new player to be competitive.

But maybe with the guild system, it will be an another island with cities and guild can attack other cities for conquest. Cities can bring some bonus like special troops or ressources. You can buy defenser for your cities and they can defend herself without player.

Good way to explore I think.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

1. Priority onto the Pathfinding.
This is currently the most dramatic issue in DoF.
And it needs attention.

The Pathfinding is not only causing lags and thus also makes it very hard to PvP.
It also hinders any halfwat decent coordination of bigger Armys.

2. Priority Hero Customization and Unit Customization.
The Option to Customize your Hero with additional Equipment and Graphical Addons is an long awaitet feature and one of the features which grants an Game an high degree of personality towards players which keeps em onboerd.
Same goes for Additional Unit Customization Options.
Of course only minor stuff for example very simple options you can research at different buildings.
Like Heavy Armor (Increasing Protection Decreasing Speed) and Light Armor (Increasing Speed but Decreasing Protection)
With an minor Graphical Change.
Theres alot of options for this but if any Unit had maybe 2 or 3 possible Addons which however are NOT an absolute improvement but instead improve certain parts over others this adds greatly to personalization of Armys.

Greetz.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:22 AM

Also, when you try to turn the music/sound effects down, it would be awesome if they still didnt completely blast your ear drums:/ js because i just logged in with my headphones on, and i was like wtf?! put them both to zero, but the sound effects were still blastin!:/ shouldnt have to mute/remove my audio system every time I click a unit, building, or army... :/ they totally gotta fix that lol the music muted, but nothing else
Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 AM

Pusch- Ideally, such pvp wouldn't be available until a certain point in the quest line, or strength of the city. Regardless, I'd assume there would still be the city protection. But my point was that, once you completely max every research, building, army, unit, and units' level, the developers need to add more. Honestly, It didnt take me 5 days to max my first city! lol
Old 05-18-2013, 02:01 PM

Holywizy is just above average reputation

Please add an MAIL system !! thank you !!!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:36 AM

Cyrusbm has a default reputation

Roaming encounters -
These could work like random quests that have a low possibility of popping as we snail crawl our way across the realm. Anything from defend yourselves againt the roaming band of wolves/orcs/undead/bandits to defend the nearby village to hunt down the murderous boss like werewolf. Rewards could be standard or unique from simple gold or crowns to unique special units like the thankful healing cleric or fighting monk who joins you to repay you for saving his church ect...

Border wars -
An ambitious possibility giving more purpose to our petty skirmishes and sieges. 3 factions contending for control of territory. Every siege against an enemy faction pushes control of territory in the corresponding direction. More control means slight advantages in rates of resource gathering and maybe random free units available for claim to the victors.

Npc war sanctions -
At war? Do something about it! Npc towns we are war with periodically would send envoy's to demand tribute, parlay for peace or threaten imminent attack, which would be represented by a slow moving army that could be met on the field or awaited to defend at the city gates.

Natural disasters -
Very rare occurrences that could affect entire kingdoms, earth quakes damaging buildings, sinking mines, raising new ones. Tornadoes tearing up the town and making off with our precious cows.. Magical storms. Mutating our peasants for a few hours into powerful crazed wizards. Possibilities are endless.

Just a few thoughts